Author Topic: Meowing! So much meowing  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Meowing! So much meowing
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 20:04:35 PM »
Its very hard and I have one who has to go out in a walking jacket and a lead with me, I have a busy road at front.

He ;ppls out the window and if its sunny he whines and whines.

Misa meows and shouts at me if I wont let him out, he cant get out of the garden any more but it drives me insane and dont like him going out in the rain cos his coat is just like a mop and he has arthritus.

Both cats do not go out at all in the winter, its hellish to start with but they get the idea eventually!

Sasa is the sensoble one, if its raining sshe wont go thro the door and in the winter doesnt want to go out............not bad for a semi feral whom lived outside all winter about 6 years ago, couldnt find where she was but neighbours down the road saw her. She was a real mess when she finally decided to come home.

I think you will have to be patient and endure the protests until he gets used to going out when you want...................getting him back will be the problem!

I have been out at 4 in the morning trying to find where Misa was hiding when its been a good summer and he still woudnt come in!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: Meowing! So much meowing
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 17:52:04 PM »
Distraction - does he play much? If so can you make it play time? Or brushing time?

Is he known to go near the road?   I worry for robbie when football traffic is around but in almost 10 years I have only seen him on the road a small handful of times.

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Meowing! So much meowing
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 17:45:23 PM »
We have recently moved home and both our cats love it. Due to illness the youngest cant go out but the eldest has always enjoyed going out and loves it even more now we are in the country.

We don't live on a busy road however I don't want Frankenstein going out at rush hour because there is always some moron speeding and it just freaks me out. Any other time from 4-630pm I have no issue with. However this isn't good enough for Frankenstein and he makes such a fuss. His meow is driving me and my partner insane to the point where we go to give in but then look outside and see some idiot doing 50 in a 20mph zone and just don't want to risk letting him out.

I'm worried if I use a water bottle or anything similar I will give him mixed messages but I really need help getting him out of this habit. You just know the one time we let him out during rush hour something will happen :(

Any ideas other that ear protectors?

Link to CatChat