Author Topic: Anyone going to the 40th Supreme at NEC this year?  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Anyone going to the 40th Supreme at NEC this year?
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 14:08:54 PM »
I hope you have a great time! I think a poll for the rescue to receive the dosh would be a good idea  ;D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 13:26:45 PM »
Oooo it's only 2 and a bit weeks away now  :star2: :oh noo:
Been giving my little elf helpers chores to do for the freebie packets for the day and my very talent hubby has been designing the stall so we are nearly ready.

Gonna have a raffle for a Purrs Xmas play scratcher sleigh there for a rescue but it's so hard to pick a rescue the funds will go to. All of our wonderful rescues are sooo soooo soooo very worthy. Wondering if it's a good idea to have a poll on here which one the raffle funds go to? Whatch fink?

So who be going then? so excited to meet Purrs members again :) Just wanted to get an odea of numbers going as i want to do a special toy pack for ya.
For peeps who are going, what do you reckon to have badges or something so we know who we are?

Sending loads of hugs and tummy rubs for the furkids.

xxxx

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mr Finley
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 22:14:43 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Will have a think and see what's what!     :)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 22:07:39 PM »
I think catnip products are really popular ;D I bought a stinky rat a few years ago which seemed to be very popular ;D General cat toys too do well ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 07:14:00 AM »
A little pack of sticky post-it notes with your logo?  Coasters?

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 22:24:27 PM »
Fridge magnets with a cat pic and contact info for your products? When I had my own business they were about the same price as the pens, and everyone gives out pens. Just a thought Tim.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 21:19:46 PM »
How about a little cat pin/badge (sorry, I don't know how much they might cost)?
How about a trolley token?  Sorry - not very imaginative!

Great ideas thanks will look into them!  :briggin:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 21:16:23 PM »
How about a little cat pin/badge (sorry, I don't know how much they might cost)?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 20:53:51 PM »
How about a trolley token?  Sorry - not very imaginative!

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 20:22:06 PM »
Good to see a few more peeps are interested in attending. Deposits have been paid for the stands so just figuring out all the posters and promo stuff.  As you may know, I'm having a store alongside Tan...does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions for what kind of things you like to get from stalls as little freebies? I'm wanting to do something that, ideally is branded, but would love to know if anyone has thought of something different and useful that you'd use and like? I'm thinking key rings/pens etc...or something a little more original. Thanks, Tim  :thanks:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 08:18:38 AM »
I'm going to try and go as well

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 06:58:03 AM »
I'm considering it, with a one night stop over, but at the moment, the cost is daunting.  Am going to see how the pennies go over the next month or so before I commit. 

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 23:34:28 PM »
Sounding good ;D

I have been about three times and met up with Rosella, Pav and Ruth ;D I will probably go this year with Denise if Purrs are going. It is also great to catch up with Witty.

Surprisingly the cats seem very contented in their cages. Some love a fuss others are not bothered :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 19:58:18 PM »
Thanks Susanne  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 19:53:11 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 19:44:12 PM »
You don't go through Brum city centre to get to NEC. I only know way from north but down M6 onto M42? NEC is signed and it's literally 5 mins.

Gill, not sure how you hire the scooters but last year as I was looking for the only cash machine that didn't charge (word to the wise - it's the opposite end of the NEC to where supreme is held) I passed an area where they were all parked up. Probably not cheap and you'd have to get from car to centre but each car park has shuttle bus to entrance.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 14:53:44 PM »
A word to the wise.

I know you all think Brum City Centre is a nightmare to navigate at the best of times but believe me. we are currently having the whole of Paradise Circus dug up and it's complete chaos even for born and bred brummies like me so avoid driving through the centre of Brum at all costs.  Would think there's no need to go through city centre though for most peeps unless like me you would be catching the train from New Street  ;)

http://www.thenec.co.uk/visiting-us/getting-here

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »
Hey folks. So I've booked a table next to Tan so will be great to meet everyone on the day. I'll be sure to look out for the many branded purrs people!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 20:22:59 PM »
You can hire scooters ..................really Susanne.................how and where....I donthave a blue badge  >:(

I used to do stamp shows Tan and the big one in London table fee was £500 and that was 11 yrs ago! I used to do on my own and sometimes my mother would come to help out for a day but when it was a good day it was a nightmare watching the stock and books and stuff were out 5 peple deep and chaotic  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

But I loved doing it and have loads of cat stamps still  ;) ;)

Driving to Birmingham a nightmare and have got lost even when going past it! Karen will testfy to that cos left her sitting in motorway station for over 2 hrs when we went to collect Lupin.

Do you have facilities for credit.bank cards? I didnt cos cost so much but back then cheques were still in full use and peeps dont carry much cash now.

Would love to meet all Purrs pals but entry is quite high and parking also.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 19:44:54 PM »
Shopping bags sound good as I am sure we would all fill them, as long as they weren't too expensive to get printed, and I am sure you could sell them through The Purrs website as well. :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 18:18:21 PM »
Well hunnies It's a GOOOOOO  ;D ;D ;D

Purrs's 1st ever Stall at the Supreme Cat Show 2016  ;D ;D ;D

Both me and Tim have decided the costs are not too bad to have a small stall each side by side  ;D Exciting  ;D

Just gotta plan it now  :-: :scared:

So if ya up for a meetup, the Purrs and Honest Cat Food Co stalls at the Supreme, then it's Saturday 22nd October at the NEC.

So now we need to decide on what we gonna have with the Purrs logo on that I can send to peeps going beforehand so we all get recognised . What do ya reckon?  Shopping bags?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 01:22:43 AM »
It's not so bad driving to the NEC as its near motorway but the later you arrive the more likely you are to be stuck in traffic going round and round searching for parking. Plus you have to pay a fair bit to park. When I've gone on the past I've arrived pretty early and found it straight forward.

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 21:52:06 PM »
Hi folks...I'm the Tim that Tan is talking about. Hello everyone! Sounds like there's a lot of people interested in a meet up which would be great as I'd love to put faces to the slaves!

My other half's family are all Brummies so I know the area (and the accent) well...ish. It can be a bit of a nightmare to drive around but if anyone wants to get the train, there is a really good train link service from Birmingham New Street as the NEC and Birmingham Airport all use the same station - it's super easy to get to...but I know train travel uses a lot more than loose pocket change.
Accommodation wise, I think Air BnB would be a good bet, there's also a fair few of these aparthotels popping up which are pretty cheap too. Places to stay near the NEC will be expensive but convenient. Like I say, the city centre is a 15 minute train journey away.

I really hope Tan and I can go ahead with the stall and we can all get together. I had similar concerns to Tan initially about the welfare of the exhibiting cats, but everyone seems to be pretty agreeable on the fact they haven't ever witnessed too much distress so that's put my mind at ease.

I won't be taking Mr Finley though as some of you will know, he is sulking with me and I don't want to do anything else to make him mad...even if it is 3 months away!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 20:42:10 PM »
Here's a pic of the local store we did 4ish years ago for a Crimbo market. It was freezing and very wet and windy. Brrrrr

Most worrying fing for me ( esp being an ex accountant ) was working out change very quickly  :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 20:10:54 PM »
I am not sure if we are going ahead yet, depends on cost and cost of staying up there 2 nights as its a long drive from Bournemouth.
It's only for the Saturday 22nd oct but would need to be there very early , the 4 of us from here would stay the Friday night and the sat night in a travel lodge.

I have only ever done a very little stall many years ago with my friend and she did most of it as I was quite nervous lol.

We are at the mo in conversation with the nec if purrs and Tim's new company ( he's just joined us on purrs forum with his adorable Finley) the honest cat food co (great fud for furkids) can share a 3x2 meter floor space . So once we hear if that is possible it's a go ahead. :)

I am thinking of combining the purrs toys and the purrs community in it and that profits from sales after costs will go to a rescue on purrs. The advantage for the purrs toys would be hopeful new trade contacts and we could help rescue at the same time :)

I love that it can be a meet up for us too :)  we would have a meeting point lol
And I am thinking of purrs printed shopping bags we can carry so we can recognise each other lol

Would be exciting so hopefully we can work it out with Chris the show manager

finkin of freebie herb sweetiez for it, but not sure if valerian flavour would attract people by the smell or put em off!!!  :heeee heeee:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 20:13:56 PM by Tan »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 16:00:31 PM »
I've never been to a cat show.  Are we having a Purrs meet-up then?  I'd like that.  ;D

Same as that, but I don't know how much the train fares etc. would be. How much is entry? I have been to the NEC Bike Show years ago and drove and Brum was a nightmare.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 14:28:56 PM »
I've never been to a cat show.  Are we having a Purrs meet-up then?  I'd like that.  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 08:25:52 AM »
Would love to meet me Purrs pals there.  Looked into this once before though, and to get the best from it, I'd have to have an overnight stay, which pushes the cost up.

Hope you have a fab time Tan.  All those beautiful cats!  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 08:10:29 AM »
I've been to the London shows a few times, the cats looked pretty happy in the main

would love to see a purrs stall!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 07:26:13 AM »
Rosella, that took me back a few years, and no mistake.  And lovely to see Pav and our wonderful Ruth, and Witty too.

I still get wistful about our plans for our extended cat community living in Witty's Wood.   :shy:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 20:34:36 PM »
I went last year for the first time in ages (used to go every year). It's definitely a much smaller show these days (both in terms of number of entries and number of stalls). Used to be lots of CP stalls but weren't many last year. I think stalls are expensive but certainly lots of people with money to spend.

As to cats in pens, most are chilled out about it but there are always a few fed up - may be just that don't like their neighbour, have been annoyed by a visitor or are just having a grumpy day. Most seem to like the attention. All pens at the supreme are double pens so bigger than at normal gccf shows and they have a best decorated pen competition. They seem to have tried to make it more fun last year by having owners bring their cats up onto the big stage for some classes early on before they get onto the serious judging for best in show. It can be fun watching judging. Last year I watched as one judge gave every cat he judged a kiss on the head before putting them back in their pens. Made me laugh as he was rubbing hand sanitiser onto his hands in between each cat  :rofl:

Gill - you can hire scooters

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 20:12:54 PM »
Have been once but too far to go now and too big cos I cant walk so well.

On the whole the cats seemed quite happy and used to go each year when it was in London.

The siamese seem to hide under their blankets.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 17:46:51 PM »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 17:09:08 PM »
I went once Tan.  I'll see if I can track down the thread.  Sadly the pics will have been archived by now I'm sure.

My one and only ever Cat Show and met up with some Purrs peeps.  Some years ago now.  Ruth and Pav and Alison amongst others.  Oh and Witty was showing in the mogs section and had the most incredible pen.  Also bumped into my best pal from school and her sis and hubby which was a bonus.  Not sure if it's exactly my cuppa tea tbh but .......... if there's gonna be a Purrs stall  :wow: :wow: :wow:

Mefinks I might have a rethink.  Not as if it's that far away from me.  The pens are pretty big Tan and the contestants tend to have a hidey hole to retreat to if they so wish.  Can't say that they ALL looked 100% happy but in the main, they seemed happy enough. My first encounter with NFCs and Spinhx cats  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Anyone going to the 40th Supreme at NEC this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 16:59:38 PM »
Are ya, Are ya?  :shify:

Never been before but planning to go this year. What's it like? 
I'm a liitle wary that the cats will be crying in the cages so a bit upsetting?
how are they there? 

Thinking of having a Purrs Stall too. But never dun a stall before  :scared:

Link to CatChat