Author Topic: Looking for a home for my two beautiful kitties  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Looking for a home for my two beautiful kitties
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 06:45:12 AM »
Please don't think my previous post is in any way judgmental - it's not intended to be.  I'm just considering the options open to you and exploring the particular concerns you may have, which might be easier to address than you feel would be the case.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 20:28:28 PM »
I do think it might prove easier to keep them together with t h e new baby.  I understand how absorbing of time new babies can be, but babies, cats and a small flat needn't be mutually exclusive.  Is there anything specific you're worried about?

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 19:17:32 PM »
I wouldn't advertise them in a newspaper there are too many nasty people out there! Surely if they are happy with you and settled they can stay? A new baby is exciting but 2 cats don't take up that much room, especially if they go out a lot?  It would be hard for anyone to foster them for a year and then have to give them back after they have got attached? :( :(

Offline Lc23

• Kitten
  • Slave to: JJ and Harrison
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 13:12:39 PM »
Hiya

Thanks for your message. I tried quite a few on there and have had no luck. Have put adverts on cat forums and contacted Some catteries local to me to see if they knew of anyone. They've taken my detauls and said they would ask people when they came in which is nice of them. Some places I've spoke to have not been as nice. I'm not really sure what else to do atm. Am going to advertise it in my local newspaper as well. hopefully something will come up soon. Thanks again X

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 13:07:36 PM »
Am so sorry you've had no success to date.    Did you try any of the ones on the Link? 

Offline Lc23

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »
Hi All

As per my previous post, I am still looking for a home for my two wonderful kitties.  Ideally it would be great if I could have them back next year.  Have asked all friends and family and unfortunately no one has been able to help me.  I am finding the situation very difficult.  I have attached some photos of JJ and Harrison.  I am happy to pay money towards their food and litter and continue to pay their pet insurance every month (£25) and also provide some extra money each month if someone would be able to help.  I know it is a big ask just wanted to see if anyone out there might be able to help me.

Thanks for looking x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 07:01:33 AM »
Morning Lc23

I don't know whether you've tried any of these, but I found this link yesterday evening when I was thinking about how we could assist:

http://www.essex-catteries.co.uk/services/rescue.html

It may be worth an approach to any you haven't already tried, especially if you can explain your desire that the situation be a temporary one until you can get re-housed yourselves, and that you'd be willing to continue to contribute to their care.  It's difficult to get people to agree to foster long-term on a temporary basis, so try not to get your hopes up too much, but there have been Purrs members who achieved it in the past.

Offline Lc23

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 14:16:03 PM »
Apologies I am having problems uploading the photos but will do this as soon as I am home this evening x

Offline Lc23

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 14:05:53 PM »
Hi Sue P

Thank you so much for your response.

I currently live in Wickford in Essex. Both JJ and Harrison have been neutered. They are up to date with vaccinations etc and are due their second vaccination for their yearly jabs in three weeks time which I am taking them for. They are generally fit and healthy. Harrison can get stressed out at times as she has always been a timid cat but is is truly wonderful.

It breaks my heart every day I see them to think that I have to let them go somewhere else. I've had them for so long and they mean the world to me. It would be wonderful to think that one day I could have them back but if not just to know they have gone to someone who can love them and give them the attention hey deserve.  They are both indoor and outdoor cats. They recently started going out more due to a cat flap we had installed in our flat in the window. We have been told we have to remove the cat flap as the building is run by managing agents and it doesn't fit with the layout of the building!  I think they would be happy to be indoors or outdoors as they have experienced both situations. 

I have attached some photos of Harrison and JJ.

Thanks again for your reply and hopefully some good news will come soon X

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
Hell Lc23.

This is such a sad situation you're in , in many respects, although obviously exciting that you're expecting a new addition to your family.

It's commendable that you're looking to re-home your two babies together, and clearly a foster position would be ideal for you, albeit possibly a more difficult outcome to obtain.

It might help with the process if you can give us a little more information.  What area do you live in, and are you able to post photos of the cats?  Are they indoor only cats, and have they been neutered and vaccinated?

Offline Lc23

• Kitten
Looking for a home for my two beautiful kitties
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 12:17:11 PM »
Hi All,

I am new to this forum.

I am currently based in Essex and am looking for a new home for my two beautiful cats JJ and Harrison.  Ideally, I would like them to be homed together.  JJ is a ginger and white boy cat and Harrison is a female tabby cat. 

I am currently expecting a baby which I am very excited about but due to the size of our flat we are having to rehome the cats which I am devastated about.

Harrison is roughly 8 years old and JJ is roughly 4 years old.  I have had them both since they were babies.  This sounds crazy but ideally I would love it if someone would be able to look after my kitties for around 1 and a half to 2 years until we are unable to move to a house.  I don't know if this would ever be possible.  I know that is a big ask so if i couldn't do this I just want to know they have gone to a good loving home.  Harrison is quite a timid cat but once she feels comfortable she is so lovely. She rolls on her back and gets her belly out for a stroke.  JJ is so friendly and affectionate and full of beans.  They are both wonderful kitties.  It breaks my heart to have to do this and I am so upset about the situation. 

I am willing to continue to pay for their pet insurance on a monthly basis (i.e. around £30 per month).  Their current pet insurance is with Marks and Spencers.  I am also happy to pay some money towards their food.  I just really need to know they are safe and happy.

I would ideally like to keep in contact with whoever can home them for me, so I know they are doing ok. 

If you could kindly let me know if you may be able to help in any way, I would be really grateful.

Thank you x

Link to CatChat