Author Topic: Cat pulling out clumps of her  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat pulling out clumps of her
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 20:49:10 PM »
Yes it could be to do with the tabs, there are 2 sorts that can be given and ifb pilling is a problem that will definately be stressing her....................please speak to your vet

Offline Lotzy4

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I'm half wondering if it's something to do with her tablets or she's getting stressed with me pilling her. We think she had undiagnosed hyperthyroidism for a year (as us and the vet initially thought she'd lost weight after we moved house).

Any other thoughts still welcome though.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 17:53:05 PM »
Sounds like something is either stressing her or it could be linked to her HyperT,,best to speak to your vet.

Offline Lotzy4

• Kitten
Cat pulling out clumps of her
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 17:35:02 PM »
I thought Lottie had been excessively moulting, but realized the last couple of days she seems to be pulling her fur out in clumps. I've just found a bare patch on her which doesn't look red or inflamed.  She's nearly 17 years old, has a fantastic silky & shiny coat (always has done), eating well, still loving and very alert. She was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a few months ago which we got under control and she's started putting weight back on.   Anyone have any ideas what's causing this?

Link to CatChat