Author Topic: Hi everyone!!  (Read 4932 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Hi everyone!!
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 19:33:35 PM »
sorry i totally missed this update (wasnt around too much at that time)

I was really glad to hear scraps was still with your even if he's not 100% yet, it sounded extremely touch and go in your posts before so 10/10 to you  :hug:  as only dedicated devotion and hard work can pull such a young baby back from that state, even then with all that its not always a happy ending.

Good on zooplus aswell donating that food, every bit helps  ;D

As its now mid august i hope your hubby is now home and you can all have some nice family time together

:hug:

(ps keep up posted and some pics if you can  ;)  )

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 17:23:41 PM »
Hello again!
Just wanted to say  :thanks: for all your lovely comments about 'Scraps' and I thought I'd better bring you up to date on our little man. Sorry I've not replied sooner but with hubby in Iraq...kids driving me nuts and with the cats and kittens needing constant attention I've not had a lot of time to do anything for myself!!!

Scraps blood results came back negative for everything but he is still struggling with a touch of cat flu that him and his brother just can't seem to shake. They are both now eating meat and are full of mischief!!

Anyway onto the good news. We have fallen head of heals in  :Luv: with Scraps and have decided to keep him at home with us. We are still trying to find a home for his brother Wizard and even though we would love to keep him as well we already have a houseful. He can stay with as long as needed though but it will break our hearts when he does have to leave us. :brokenheart:

I would also like to say a HUGE  :thanks: to Zooplus who have delivered our massive scratching frame in record time and who have kindly donated 20kg of food to our cat sanctuary. They are absolute stars!!!!

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »
How did the vets go Emma? :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 20:19:56 PM »
Good luck at the vets tomorrow Emma  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 17:35:30 PM »
I know I know. Its just he's the first tiny kitten that I've had thats been so poorly. Molly I had at 3 weeks and shes now huge and eats everything in sight (yes we ended up keeping her!). I know its nature way...but we have such a massive feral cat problem over here in Gibraltar and we really feel like we are losing the fight sometimes.
I also have Scraps brother Wizard who is all black. Over here black cats are seen as unlucky and I'm struggling to re-home him and he's such a handsome devil!
Off to bottle feed him now so will hopefully have more news tomorrow,
Take care everyone,
Emma

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 17:21:37 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, sorry you are having such a bad time - the calici virus can cause issues with the joints. I do hope he pulls through, but you haven't let him down if he doesn't - the people who let them down are teh ones who allow their cat to have litters and then not do the right thing by the kittens, not us in rescue, we just have to pick up the pieces and sadly we can't save them all, but we can give it a good try, and help some.
Please spay your cat

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 17:18:40 PM »
Hi everyone again,

just to let you know that Scraps is still with us but back at the vets tomorrow. He has had another shot but is being tested tomorrow for feline Aids. Not sure how much more my little man can take. If only they could talk and tell us where it hurts.

Hope everyones else's moggies are doing ok,

Emma
(Sorry don't mean to sound so down...just worried about him)

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 21:24:21 PM »
Come on little scraps we are all wishing you well little darling

from all my 9 fur babies  :hug:

xxx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 13:35:51 PM »
:(  Poor little Scraps.  Sending lots of love and positive vibes that Mr Vet will be able to help him.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 13:27:22 PM »
Thanks for that. Been up all night again with him...he's not even taking the bottle now. Vets at 4 so am hoping they can do something for him but am not holding my breath.
Its so disheartening.
Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Emma,x

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 13:11:35 PM »
Hiya
just been reading this topic. I so hope that he gets better,we have got three kittens and one of them has just recovered from cat flu, but he is now fine sending you lots of love and support,I know hoe stressful it can be. :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »
Keeping everything crossed here  :hug: :hug:

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
fingers crossed for scraps hun :hug: :hug:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »
Poor little Scraps, keeping everything crossed that he gets stronger  :hug:

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 21:25:11 PM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
 Hi everyone. Had a horrid day. This is the first chance I've had to log on tonight. I thought my little man Scraps was improving at 2am this morning but today he is walking all lopsided and is hardly taking any milk. Have spent all day with him. Back to the vets tomorrow and I'm dreading what they are going to say  :scared:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 10:06:57 AM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to the madhouse  :evillaugh:

Sending all my positive vibes to little Scraps as well, come on little one, get stronger soon xx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 22:05:33 PM »
oh the poor little one, i doubt it would be arthritis but certainly his whole little body will be fevered and sore i'd imagine if the cat flu has hold of him.
fingers crossed the drugs give him strength to fight it.

Fingers crossed for your hubbys speedy and safe return in august.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 21:05:53 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

:Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 19:11:59 PM »
Hi Lynne and Christine.

News from the vets isn't good. She says the flu has spread throughout his body and his immune system is very weak. When she touched his hips he squealed so she thinks he may have a touch of arthritis as well. Shes given him antibiotics and a steriod jab which should last about 2 days. Hopefully he may start eating properly by the weekend but I have to take him back on Saturday.
I feel so gutted for the little man. My son has named him 'scraps' and its going to devastate us all if he doesn't pull through.
I clean the pens at the sanctuary and help with a bit of re-homing...this is my first lot of kittens they have entrusted to me...and I feel like I'm letting Scraps down.
I'll let you know how we all get on over the next couple of days...thank you all so much for your support...I never realised that looking after such a fragile kitten could be so emotional.
And Lynne...hubby is due back in August. It can't come soon enough at the moment!
Well off to try him with a bottle again...once again thanks for making me feel so welcome,
Emma

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 17:44:12 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs!

Best wishes, especially for your littlest one - do let us know what the vet says.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 16:21:17 PM »
 :welcome:

Hiya

The other two probably realise he's weaker than them but give him a bottle for as long as he wants..is it proper kitten milk formula he is getting ?
Have they been wormed ?

I'd allow him to be with the others but take the time to feed him some extra meals.

Just wanted to pass on best wishes for your hubby aswell..My hubby served in iraq the first time round but thankfully had just left the forces when i met him.

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 15:18:25 PM »
 :thanks: everyone...you've made me feel really welcome!
There is one bit of advice I need. One of the kittens that I'm looking after has been very poorly with cat flu. The other 2 have made a full recovery but he is still struggling. He is really tiny and still wants a bottle all the time even though the other's are eating meat. I'm taking him to the vets tonight for another shot but I really don't know what to do with him. He runs around but the other 2 won't sleep or play with him. Perhaps they know something I don't?
Its so worrying. Hes so lovely...I would hate to lose him at this stage :( Has anyone got any experience with this kind of situation?

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 14:27:01 PM »
HELLO AND A VERY WARM WELCOME...WE NEVER GET SICK OF CAT CHATTING AND THE ADVICE YOU GET FROM ALL THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE IS FANTASTIC

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 13:58:10 PM »
Hi Lisa,

I've got a Molly cat as well. Rescued her at 4 weeks old from some Gibraltarian lads that were throwing rocks at the cat family. Her mum had to be put to sleep as she had a tumour in her mouth and her brother didn't make it.

See what I mean...always got a cat story to tell!!  :-[

Sorry!

Our Molly was rescued too
she had spent 7 yrs locked in one room on her own only seeing humans at food time
therefore she is a wee bit on the feral side  :evillaugh:

shes friendly on her own terms

she doesnt like people or animals in her face she likes her own space
and she likes her food  :evillaugh:shes over weight
i call her my big fat moo moo :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 13:51:37 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Your house sounds mad  :Crazy: A teenager, a toddler, baby kittens and 4 cats - bet there's never a dull moment  :evillaugh:  This site is fab, we are all very friendly and love nothing more than wittering on about our cats (me included  :evillaugh:).  There's also some very experienced rescue people on here so if you ever need any help or advice then this is the place to be.

Look forward to seeing pics of your lot  ;D

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 13:49:17 PM »
Hi Lisa,

I've got a Molly cat as well. Rescued her at 4 weeks old from some Gibraltarian lads that were throwing rocks at the cat family. Her mum had to be put to sleep as she had a tumour in her mouth and her brother didn't make it.

See what I mean...always got a cat story to tell!!  :-[

Sorry!

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 13:38:44 PM »
hello  :welcome:

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 13:25:56 PM »
Hello...I've got loads of photos...just need to work out how to get them onto this site...lots of techno fear as hubby is not here to guide me!!
I'm so glad I came across this site....I think I drive all my friends mad by talking non stop about cats!!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 13:22:34 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs.

Please feel very welcome to join the ranks of demented cat lovers!!  Do you have any photos of your littles ones to post? And you have to share the weather you have there.. we're having a rainy spell!!

Offline dementedcatwoman

• Adult Cat
Hi everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 13:16:26 PM »
Hello to everyone!! I am a volunteer for the Cat Welfare Society based in Gibraltar. I've lived here for about a year and have 4 rescue cats...Charlie...Archie..Poppy...Molly and Petal the Persian kitten...oh and 3 rescue kittens that I am hand rearing in my bathroom!! I am also mum to a 13 year old son and a 17 month old daughter. Hubby is currently serving in Iraq. House is a bit mad with all the cats...but I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Link to CatChat