Author Topic: Hello from sunny York  (Read 12448 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Hello from sunny York
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2016, 15:39:55 PM »
I didn't even know it was international cat day yesterday!  :(

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mr Finley
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2016, 22:18:33 PM »
Thanks Sue P. Sorry for the delay in my reply. Things have been busy...not sure if you guys know but I'm busy with planning a trade stand at the NEC for the GCCF Supreme Cat Show in October. Tan and I are having stands side by side and she's created a post about this so if anyone is going, head over to that post as I think Tan is wanting to get as many people together as possible and also to get everyone who is going something Purrs branded so we recognise each other! Hope everyone enjoyed international cat day yesterday?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2016, 07:33:39 AM »
Sue P I will take your word for it.
Jude...I feel some raw chicken livers and hearts are in order
Lyn, he eventually turned round...to glare at me. Honestly, it was chilling! :rofl:

:evillaugh:  No Tim, really - I meant what I said.   ;D  When we lost Ross to a road accident, and then brought Moray home, Tinks literally "cold-shouldered" us, and when I would go to him, he would glare at me and turn - very deliberately - away. 

He was showing me that I'd hurt his feelings.  His best ever buddy had disappeared - and I didn't seem to care!  Instead, I'd brought home this freaky little long haired interloper - who wasn't Ross.   >:( >:(  He was telling me, in the best way he knew, that I was off the team.  Tinks was an intellligent and complex little character (gorgeous little boy, and I miss ya with all ma heart)

But in your case, Mr Finley was showing you how hurt he was that you'd left him.  Cos you count as a Bestest Buddy in his world.  What a compliment - to be a Big Cheese in Mr Finley's world, I can tell, is something to be proud of.   :) :hug:  You rock, Tim!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 23:24:17 PM »
Bless! :naughty:, my Bob is the prickliest cat I have ever been owned by, and she is worth every precious moment when she wants fusses. She also is the one amongst the four that shares our bed the one that is nearly always there in the morning when I wake up :Luv:, Lord she can sulk for England though :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 21:34:54 PM »
Sue P I will take your word for it.
Jude...I feel some raw chicken livers and hearts are in order
Lyn, he eventually turned round...to glare at me. Honestly, it was chilling! :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 05:39:46 AM »
 :evillaugh:  Oh hell yes - Tinks used to "cold shoulder" us too, quite literally.  Shows how much you mean to him, so very flattering, really.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2016, 23:36:43 PM »
I would definitely say you have some making up to do Tim :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 21:44:47 PM »
LOL, that back really does say it all!

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 20:54:25 PM »
A bit more sulking now on one of his chairs.

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 20:51:19 PM »

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 20:45:54 PM »
It's a stunning tummy, that one.   :Luv2:
Yayyy Hi Tim and Stunning Finners  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Wonderful to have ya wiv us mad lot  :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the welcome!

Give that gorgeous tum a rub from us.

He is sulking with me a bit at the moment. We've spent a few nights away and my in laws moved in to look after him. I returned home today and have been given the cold shoulder and the death stare of ''don't you ever leave me again, got that?"

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 18:03:12 PM »
It's a stunning tummy, that one.   :Luv2:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2016, 16:56:37 PM »
Yayyy Hi Tim and Stunning Finners  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Wonderful to have ya wiv us mad lot  :hug: :hug:

Give that gorgeous tum a rub from us.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 00:28:59 AM »
He really is a stunner Tim :Luv:

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 20:44:36 PM »
Some funny tales being told. I've heard the stories about fox poo being awful - thankfully ive not experienced this first hand, but I've heard the sorrow in the voices of those that have.

Luckily, Mr Finley just likes rolling in the blankets.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 06:56:47 AM »
Fox poo is another booga when a dog rolls in it.   :sick:

I recall Paddy was always the perfect gentleman, and when I would plonk him gently in the sink full of soapy bubbles, he would put a paw of quiet warning on my arm, a pertinent reminder that I was about to stray into intimate territory, and whilst he appreciated the necessity, I must proceed with caution and dignity at all times.   :shy:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 20:49:44 PM »
I know I shouldn't laugh, but...................Poor Mr Finley. :hug: :hug: :hug:

My worst experience of a stinky car was picking up my friends escapologist Afghan Hound, if we were lucky the stables opposite would call to say she was rolling in the muck heap, let's face it horse poo doesn't smell that bad, but once we got a call from the caravan park, another favourite destination, and she had found a field newly spread with slurry on the way, the smell was indescribable, it was even worse when we put her in the bath and it got wet again, eeew!

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 16:06:13 PM »
Ah poor Mr Finley.   :shy: These things happen, but they don't get in the way of friendship.  Many's the time we had to clean The Padster after our 5 minute journey to the vet, driving back with the windows open...... 
the windows were definitely down on the return journey.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 13:03:58 PM »
Ah poor Mr Finley.   :shy: These things happen, but they don't get in the way of friendship.  Many's the time we had to clean The Padster after our 5 minute journey to the vet, driving back with the windows open...... 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 12:55:13 PM »
Poor Mr Finley! I'm glad he seems OK now though.

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
Poor Finners. This morning I took him for his monthly trip to the vet for his flea and worming treatment. I know I could do it at home but the nurses give him a check over and I think it keeps him used to travelling and going in his carry box. However, this morning...for some reason I think he maybe got a bit stressed. I pulled into the vets car park and the smell hit me! He'd done a big old poo in his carry box.  :sneaky: the lovely vet nurse cleaned him up but my goodness it was so stinky.

So we came him, I fed him a chicken leg (bone and all) and he seems fine. Currently having a nap. Standard.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 23:04:16 PM »
From what I have read, you are correct Paula  ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 23:01:21 PM »
I seem to remember the Russian Blues had a name change under the USSR, anti Christian and all that, just one of those irrelevant facts that seem to stick, I believe they used to have the much nicer name of Archangel Blues. Disclaimer, I could be wrong, frequently am.

I could see those photo's and my he is absolutely lovely. :Luv:

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 22:51:01 PM »
I always thought the Russian Blues had a more rounded face. Have looked at some photos and it seems they vary quite a lot.

It's true there does seem to be some variety in face shape...and I do think some of that is down to whether they are on track or slightly over in weight...a bit like in some humans! They all have the curved up mouth that gives them a kind of smile though. In profile, his head is very wedge-shaped. Honestly, I think he's like a male model due to how angular his face is....great cheek bones haha.

Very handsome, you can tell he's a male......BTW Butter usually gets called butter and butterball :rofl:
definitely a boy. We had him neutered just after his 6 month milestone but even at this age, there was no doubt he was male! They were bloody huge! Haha
Youve just reminded me, my sister had a russian blue many years ago, they used to call him fuzznuts  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 21:40:02 PM »
I always thought the Russian Blues had a more rounded face. Have looked at some photos and it seems they vary quite a lot.

It's true there does seem to be some variety in face shape...and I do think some of that is down to whether they are on track or slightly over in weight...a bit like in some humans! They all have the curved up mouth that gives them a kind of smile though. In profile, his head is very wedge-shaped. Honestly, I think he's like a male model due to how angular his face is....great cheek bones haha.

Very handsome, you can tell he's a male......BTW Butter usually gets called butter and butterball :rofl:
definitely a boy. We had him neutered just after his 6 month milestone but even at this age, there was no doubt he was male! They were bloody huge! Haha

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 21:26:49 PM »

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 21:24:15 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 21:03:08 PM »
I just love him!

That shines through.   :Luv:

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 20:49:40 PM »
He's (normally) a real gent as well. Loves affection and head butts. I am still really surprised how affectionate and responsive he is...he's like a dog in many aspects. He plays fetch (occasionally) and I've trained him to sit. I just love him!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 20:47:28 PM »
He is uber handsome!  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 20:44:14 PM »
OH MY WORD!!!    :Luv2:

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 20:34:05 PM »
Here is the handsome Mr Finey.
What a heartbreaker

Here he is when he was a kitten. Sooooo fluffy!

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 20:25:59 PM »
Glad to hear York is a popular place. Yes, the glass shop on the shambles has all the cat trail information. All across the city there are cat statues attached on windowsills and sides of buildings and you have to find them all. We also have the cat gallery shop too which stocks some great gifts and toys. I'll get some pics of Finley Bum Bum on here...just need to figure out how to resixpze them as they are on my iPad and all too big. Any good apps for doing this?
Thanks folks.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 13:17:16 PM »
 :wow:  I love "Alfie-Palfy"   Aw Lyn.  Mr Finley will have to post some lovely photos to make up for your inability to get there.   :hug:

:pic sneek:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 12:26:13 PM »
Alfie gets called Alfie Palfy, Alfonzo, Fonz, Mr Boy, Mr Pickle and 'Mummy's best boy' as well as the obvious Alf and Alfs.

I do love York, it's such a beautiful city and full of history.It's some years since we have been and I would find the journey very difficult these days  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
I do think some cats are very proud of their toileting, but most like to hide it. I'm in Northumberland and had a day trip to York a couple of weeks ago. Its the first time I've noticed the glass shop with the cat trail?

Oooo yes, and York also has the wonderful Cat Gallery shop.  ;D It's a very civilized place, is York (says another member from Northumberland)

When we first got Moray, and he was a kitten, he'd use the litter tray and then run and hide, and peep out to watch as we cleaned the tray.   We suspect he used to be shouted at, as he didn't have the best of starts before we were lucky enough to adopt him.

Love Mr Finley's affectionate names (especially Finley-bum-bum).  All cats should have them.   :)

Moray gets "Moray Da Mint" "Minty" "Moray Monsta".  Barley gets Barley-Gurley, Barley-Dancer and Barley-Growler.  Malt gets "Malti" "Mighty-Malt" and "Malty-Minx" to name but a few.   :evillaugh:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 22:55:17 PM »
I do think some cats are very proud of their toileting, but most like to hide it. I'm in Northumberland and had a day trip to York a couple of weeks ago. Its the first time I've noticed the glass shop with the cat trail?
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 21:18:48 PM »
Alfie has never voluntarily used a litter box. Las time he went to the cattery, he kept up a 'dirty protest' the whole time we were away  :-[

Offline Tim + Mr Finley

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 20:17:03 PM »
Hello everyone, thanks so much for the warm welcome. Glad to hear purrer is a well used and well known word. Mr Finley/Finners/Finley-bum-bum (he gets many names) is currently asleep, fully stretched out on his back in quite an ungentlemanly manner. Does anyone else experience either of the following: a mad run around just before entering the litter box or a celebratory mad run around after the litter box parcel has been left? Finners seems to get so excited by toilet related matter it makes me laugh - he's like an immature young boy obsessed with fart jokes!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 18:06:26 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs we love pics and stories  ;D ;D

Link to CatChat