Author Topic: Glucosamine  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Glucosamine
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 22:09:13 PM »
It seemed to help Alice for a long time, although hard to tell. After trying various ones, I used to buy Corta-Vet, which is double-strength Cortaflex. It comes in drops and sprinkle capsules. It claims to contain the active isolates of glucosamine etc, so apparently works better. It also contains hyaluronic acid. I used it for several years, then switched to Stride Plus for cats, which seems to be similar (but cheaper), although hard to tell if it is.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 22:46:44 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 19:40:34 PM »
I would ask your vet

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »
I don't know about glucosamine, but my friend swore by Arthrotabs (green-lipped mussel) for her elderly, stiff, cat.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »
It should do Dawn, I think I had some a long while back for Winston and it did help.
I am just waiting on some L-lysine powder for Merlin as he has the Herpes virus and loads of people on Amazon have bought that for their cats to help and it seems to,work.
My vet got me some chews ,like little round soft tablet shape, but he isn't keen at all ,,so the powder will go in his food.
You can get the Glucosamine in liquid form and tablets .
Hope it,works .

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Glucosamine
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:20:02 AM »
anyone using it for their cat?  Tilly is 10 now but a pedigree who I do think age quicker - she is starting to look a bit stiff and crumpled when she wakes up, would glucosamine help??

Link to CatChat