Author Topic: I think the kitten is broken!  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Mom to Eight

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Peanut, Lucky, Cazzy, Mittens, Cowboy, Speedy, Ray, Willie.
Re: I think the kitten is broken!
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 14:35:13 PM »
This a couple playing normal with it.
All cats are masterpieces.
My cats that are over the rainbow: Jake, Alice, Ashia, Angel, Julie,Breezy, Meuzette and Babydoll

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 13:02:05 PM »
Code: [Select]
My cats brake them by sitting on it until the battery runs down....
Alfie does that too!  :shify:

Offline Mom to Eight

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 10:59:49 AM »
Hummmm... I wonder if she is lonely? Get her a cat friend. Know her personality type...one less than her. In the ranking. So she is boss in the house.
Darn!....I am still thinking about it. Not sure what to do. She most certainly loves you! ...I don't know if a toy would help. Some people found the mouse chaser game help. But I never did. My cats brake them by sitting on it until the battery runs down.... Your little baby..I just don't know  :shocked: she has me plexed  :Crazy:
She's has 3 other cat friends already.  Two of them are great buddies with her so she's certainly not lonely !
My cats that are over the rainbow: Jake, Alice, Ashia, Angel, Julie,Breezy, Meuzette and Babydoll

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 09:48:34 AM »
Mosi was like the duracell bunny except I couldn't take his batteries out  :shify:  He still amazes me with how little sleep he needs.  If I'm home all day, on a Sunday for example, just mooching around he will be awake all the time following me around and demanding fusses and to be involved.  He gives Kito a good run for his money running around when they are playing.  Kito is usually the one who tires first.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 22:05:23 PM »
I think some kittens are more energetic than others - I think the norm is to play an hour, sleep an hour! We've had some in the rescue recently that go for a good 4-5 hours at a time  :Crazy:

Do the others play with her though? Or are they just like 'go away, I'm sleeping /eating /cleaning myself?

As long as she's not being too destructive then I wouldn't return her! (Joke!)

Bruno and Barnaby-Jones  both take it in turns each day to run around and play chase with her. They wrestle a lot and they are constantly on the go. She just doesn't stop! She's adorable but she literally has now off button at all.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 21:39:59 PM »
The times of day or night don't matter. Well not to them anyway :rofl:

Surely you must know cats/ kittens have no concept of time - until it comes to feeding time???!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 21:36:19 PM »
Mosi was a hyperactive kitten who turned into a hyperactive cat. He never stopped. Just on the go constantly. Slowing down a little now that he's 10 1/2  but only a little. Kito was calmer - he was like Bruno in that he'd race around for a while then have a sleep. They are a good match now in terms of activity levels (a 10 year old and a one year old) but Kito still sleeps more than Mosi. Different temperaments.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 21:31:58 PM »
Seriously, Bob (19 months) Pippa (12 months) and Pirate (12 months) are still like ballistic missiles for a vast proportion of the day, Emo at 6 years has her moments at times too. They are all slowing down a bit now, but probably 10-14 hours a day it sounds like I am looking after a herd of elephants. The rest of the time they are either out or crashed in a bundle on the duvet. The times of day or night don't matter. Well not to them anyway :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 21:00:23 PM »
I think some kittens are more energetic than others - I think the norm is to play an hour, sleep an hour! We've had some in the rescue recently that go for a good 4-5 hours at a time  :Crazy:

Do the others play with her though? Or are they just like 'go away, I'm sleeping /eating /cleaning myself?

As long as she's not being too destructive then I wouldn't return her! (Joke!)
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 17:19:42 PM »
Hummmm... I wonder if she is lonely? Get her a cat friend. Know her personality type...one less than her. In the ranking. So she is boss in the house.

She's has 3 other cat friends already.  Two of them are great buddies with her so she's certainly not lonely !

Offline Mom to Eight

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 16:40:48 PM »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 19:31:22 PM »
I can never get cross at being woken by Barley Dancer at 3.40 am.  She tells me she loves me - why would I object ?!!   :Luv2:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 18:59:26 PM »
I think playing interactive games with your kitten, especially before bed. May help. Tier her..  :wow:

I always try and do this. 20 mins before bed time we play but she gets distracted and wonders off. And now she taken to coming to visit me in bed at 4am by purring really loudly in my face and rubbing herself on me so I wake and can play chew the finger! You can't get angry cos she's so cute. 

Offline Mom to Eight

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 18:28:10 PM »
I think playing interactive games with your kitten, especially before bed. May help. Tier her..  :wow:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 14:59:20 PM »
Paula and Nic  :hug:

That's one of the problems with internet communication, it's so easy to give/take offence without meaning to when you don't know the other person well and can't see any body language  :(

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 07:31:02 AM »
I do apologise if I caused offence, it was not my intention. :hug:

That's okay! I was being over sensitive so not to worry!!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 22:14:36 PM »
I do apologise if I caused offence, it was not my intention. :hug:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 15:58:26 PM »
An ADHD kitten eh ;), better see if the Vet can prescibe some kitalin. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Although meant to be funny I actually suffer with Adhd as an adult and it's not a very nice thing to live with, sorry.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 15:55:40 PM »
An ADHD kitten eh ;), better see if the Vet can prescibe some kitalin. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 07:43:36 AM »
:evillaugh: :evillaugh:

The Gurlies were a bit manic like that until they began to get access to the outdoors, where they burn off more of their energy.  Moray was a good boy, who played quietly and wholeheartedly but who slept and concentrated on growing.   :)

Bonnie's beautiful - really lives up to her name.   :Luv:

Not a hope.....    :rofl: ;)

They are indoor cats so hopefully she will start concentrating on growing soon!!!

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 07:36:26 AM »

The Gurlies were a bit manic like that until they began to get access to the outdoors, where they burn off more of their energy.  Moray was a good boy, who played quietly and wholeheartedly but who slept and concentrated on growing.   :)

They are indoor cats so hopefully she will start concentrating on growing soon!!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 06:45:17 AM »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 00:23:24 AM »
She looks just fine to me  ;D ;D

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
I think the kitten is broken!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 22:17:41 PM »
I think we got a faulty kitten as bonnie never switches off.

When we had bruno as a kitten he slept a great deal of the time. Had his made hour and then back to sleep again. Bonnie does not. She plays and plays and plays some more. She chases the boys around and throws herself onto the cat trees etc.  We think her 'on' button is stuck on.

Anyone else had a kitten who just didn't stop before?

Surely she must be tired, she's growing so much each day!!

Link to CatChat