Author Topic: Worried about separation anxiety..  (Read 2358 times)

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Re: Worried about separation anxiety..
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 20:12:22 PM »
I wouldn't worry too  much cats are a lot more robust than we think! My cat has just been away for 3 1/2 weeks, a 2 hr journey from home which included 2 car swaps as I drove part way, my friend drove the rest. I was dreading it!  :( She stayed in a vet hospital for thyroid treatment. She is a very pampered and spoilt cat too, and very nervous of strangers, especially men. But she settled in really well there and they said to keep her in for a few days when she came home, but she back to her normal self within an hour, following me around, purring, eating, etc. I thought she would be traumatised having all these different people prodding and poking her for a few weeks but she was fine. Go ahead and enjoy your trip and I hope the IVF goes well ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 20:14:53 PM by heather sullivan »

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
Worried about separation anxiety..
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 07:59:19 AM »
Hi Everyone,

In September my hubby and I are going to the Czech Republic for IVF - for 3 weeks.. It seems such a long time to be away from Millie but there is nothing I can do really. I have arranged for her to stay at my mums where she lived for 8 years and I know she will get lots of attention there. My mum has now said though she might go away for a week whilst I'm away. She would put Millie in her regular cattery but I'm worried that all the changes will be too much for her? She is so spoilt and loved that I am really worrying about seperation anxiety. I am probably over thinking it a bit as I will be anxious about leaving her!!

Any advice that could help her?

Thanks xxxxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Link to CatChat