Author Topic: How do you eat your tea?  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: How do you eat your tea?
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 18:19:33 PM »
Mary, if I sent you mine they'd only take great pleasure in trying to trip you up, that's what they do to me :rofl: :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 14:13:43 PM »
When it's meal time you can send all your cats to me to help with my mobility rehab at Norman lodge bràdford

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 11:57:48 AM »
I've seen ours eat stuff we're eating with much smacking of lips and licking of paws, yet the same stuff, placed in their dishes, has no appeal at all.  I think part of it is that when we share what we have with them, it makes them feel special.  Makes them feel loved.   :Luv:
[/color]

It's the thrill of the chase ;) :evillaugh: little monkeys :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 07:16:27 AM »
I've seen ours eat stuff we're eating with much smacking of lips and licking of paws, yet the same stuff, placed in their dishes, has no appeal at all.  I think part of it is that when we share what we have with them, it makes them feel special.  Makes them feel loved.   :Luv:

I also find I have to apply my morning slap with Barley on my lap, treadling away as I try not to poke myself in the eye with my mascara brush.   :shify: :evillaugh:  Wouldn't have it any other way.   :)

Rosella - that piccie is Ace.   :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 12:29:36 PM »
Tan I think it's their way of letting you know they are still the head of the house whether you are there or not  ;)

Rosella I adore that pic, it should be framed and put on the wall :Luv2:

Sonya don't worry about the yoghurt and cheese, lots of cats on here love them both.  My Bonnie loved yoghurt and it was one spoonful for me and one for her, I never got a full pot ;) Smudge loved my liver pate, I would be sat there with my nice warm crusty bread and spreading a knife full of pate on to it and then the next knife full would go to Smudge :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 13:31:05 PM »
I am afraid that I have a deal with the cats, they don't eat off my plate and I don't eat out of their bowls :rofl:, I do generally save them some though and then it goes in their dishes. Pippa gets cheeky sometimes though and will try and sneak up and hook something off with her claws. :evillaugh:, Bob loves yoghurt so she gets the pot and gets her head right inside to get every little bit out, bizarrely her favourite is Onken black cherry :shify:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 20:07:40 PM »
The only things Butter seems interested in when you are eating them is yoghurt and cheese :evillaugh: :evillaugh:.....I am beginning to think his previous owners just fed him on whatever they ate!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 12:53:56 PM »
 :lol2: @ Amber

I do find it easier when we eat at the dining table, it is more difficult for felines to get at my plate.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 08:26:54 AM »
tilly used to hang about but now we have time share of the house in operation that happens to be her time for being upstairs, amber was the best she would lie on the table while we were eating and casually stretch out and hook something of your plate!!  she was so cute you couldn't get cross!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 08:24:28 AM »
I get virtually assaulted at meal times by Kito who considers what's mine is his. After a year of being consistent with saying no and physically pushing him away (the only area in which I am capable of anything approaching discipline) he's getting the message but still tries it on regularly. So I bolt my food and end up with indigestion. I do, of course, put the plate on the floor when I'm finished for them to lick and if it's meat I'll leave a few pieces for them.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 23:43:34 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:.....Have wasted two pouches today - 'shrimp and plaice' and pollock and sardine, trout and cod went down nicely though :innocent: :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 23:37:04 PM »
Hmmm, Butter needs to take some lessons of Alfie ;)  :rofl: :rofl:

And vice versa!  ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 23:31:14 PM »
Hmmm, Butter needs to take some lessons of Alfie ;)  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 23:24:37 PM »
Alfie has never been known to refuse anything!  :shify:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 22:37:11 PM »
Same here Butter does'nt mither us when we are eating.  Depending on what it is we are having, we will put it in with his dinner.  We are trying to put some weight on him though - he's not skinny just sleek, does'nt help with him being such a fussy eater......he even refused roast chicken!!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 22:23:51 PM »
I'm afraid I am a wicked, hard-hearted meowmy who doesn't deserve a cat!

My cats always know that they don't get fed from the table, hence they soon learn to leave us alone. The occasional bit of something might be given in the cat dish after we have finished (or saved for suppertime). Alfie is on a pretty controlled intake as he is a big lad, extra tidbits won't help the situation!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 21:18:00 PM »
Depends on what's fer dinna  :innocent:  We ate in purrfec peece tonite as we 'ad fried egg, chips and beans  :)

If tiz chikkun, like most nites, then no peece  :shify: 

Noni B usually takes up pozition on da poof first.  Then Boris sidles up on da poof on her right (my left as I face em).  He then edges towards her a wee bit at a time and she bashes him onna head.  He ducks a wee bit and closes his eyes and edges closer and she bats him onna head again.  Sometimes he rolls towards her and knocks her off but he ain't dun that fer a wee while.  Evenually Bobby moves in on the left arm of my armchair and Billy Whiz moves in onna floor level, sometimes joined by Groucho and Ruby (rarely Dinah for some reason  :-:

They all do the begging, "I'm starving!" look en masse.  This continues until I finish my dinna as the rule Chez Rosella Moggy is no one gets anyfink off my plate EVER ....

till I finish  ;) so I leave about half a breast of chicken most nites to one side and end up crumbling it to add to their supper; on the side of their supper of course in case they ain't in da chikkun mood.

In addition to biscuits they are fed 3 times a day and apart from Billy and maybe Groucho all weigh 5kg or over.  They ain't wanting in the fud dep't.  Oh no sirree.  Just all greedy boyz and galz.

This is a pic I posted a while back.  Although pozitions are not usual, it gives ya an idea  :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
How do you eat your tea?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 20:55:51 PM »
So, got tea ready just sat down to eat and guess what, mr Ginge bossman Garf came up and sat staring wiv those wonderful eyes of his, no way can I ignore that so up I get to sort him out.  Just Sit down with me plate again and then comes marvelous Marl sits down with his gorgeous Ginge face so up we get again ,
3rd time lucky and still a warm dinner phew  oh nope hold its mr blue's turn wiv his wonderful "ee" "ee" so up we get again,   :innocent:
I wonder why my dinner was cold! 
Still at least there was pudding :)

How are your tea times? Do you actually get to eat in peace?  :shocked:

Link to CatChat