Author Topic: Foal Farm Country Fair, Biggin Hill  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Foal Farm Country Fair, Biggin Hill
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 17:32:57 PM »
Wish I was closer and my vet in London used to do work there

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 13:29:20 PM »

I think I can claim a free cup of tea at the cafe but it's never open when I'm there!

The voluntary work is a perk in itself. I get to know lots and lots of cats and bond with them. (I try not to have favourites but it's impossible.) Some cats are, understandably, scared and confused when they arrive, so seeing them eventually come out of their shell and be relaxed enough to be stroked or groomed is a bonus.

I thought I knew a bit about felines but I've learned so much in the few months I've been volunteering.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:05:49 PM »
Looks fun, so many things going on, hope the rain stays away.

Do you get any perks with being a volunteer?

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Foal Farm Country Fair, Biggin Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 16:15:13 PM »

For our Kent members, the wonderful Foal Farm is having its annual country fair on Sunday 17 July.

It's always a good day out: music, games, food, lots of stalls selling local produce, they even have their own vintage shop. And of course, the gorgeous animals (not just cats!). (Okay, I'm biased cos I volunteer there but it really is a fantastic place.)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Link to CatChat