Author Topic: Kyiie 11/7/16  (Read 14000 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Kyiie 11/7/16
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2016, 23:16:35 PM »
Understand what you are going through :hug: Missing Parki like crazy too and very quiet here

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2016, 08:30:04 AM »
oh mark yes we all know how you feel  :hug:  I'm sure she had a wonderful life there and none of us can ask for more than that

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2016, 00:41:48 AM »
Only a month since she left you Mark so early days and yes I remember losing my last high maintenance oldie and what a huge hole he (Fred) left behind  :hug: :hug: You know it gets easier but doesn't help much does it?  I do feel for you  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2016, 00:20:15 AM »
Missing our girl. I collected her ashes and put them away with the others. The house just feels odd without her. It is so long since I didn't have a high-maintenance oldie around. The other 3 are happy as long as there is some food and they get a fuss when they want one. I'm sure most know how it is. You are OK and then get a flashback and it comes in waves. I'm sure she had a happy life here and we were lucky to have her.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2016, 18:16:59 PM »
Hope everything went OK and wasn't any more upsetting than it had to be, at least Kylie is back home with you both. :care: :care: :care:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2016, 18:44:07 PM »
Thanks everyone. Kylie's ashes are ready to collect and I am going on Monday for them. I have to say that insuring with Petplan and the vet dealing direct with them, made things a lot easier. Given that we only took the policy out last year with several exclusions (including gastro) I was pleased with how much of the bill was covered - especially given that there is an excess + owner is liable for 20% of remainder. I was just given the net amount after Petplan settled with the vet. Out of a total £1,050, we are liable for about £420.

Still missing our girl, but the other 3 are making it bearable as they still need us  :Luv2:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2016, 20:46:12 PM »
Mark, clear away if you want to. If you're not ready yet, then it's not hurting anyone where it is. I moved most of Cleo's things out of sight but it's rather different for us cos we still have Alfie.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2016, 16:37:42 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: Mark and Dennis. Thinking of you both.

(Sorry to you both, I couldn't remember the name of your partner, Mark. :-[)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2016, 16:04:02 PM »
Thanks everyone.  :hug:  Just all the little reminders now. I felt a bit guilty clearing things away, but she doesn't need them any more  :'(

I found a little dish yesterday morning, that she had a lick-e-lix from on Monday morning (with B12 mixed in) and a few hairs - I guess it won't be the last thing. Even today I have been putting litter trays in tidy, rather than convenient spots - I'm sure many on here know the score.

It seems this lung-digit syndrome is something that only affects cats.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 16:24:21 PM by Mark »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
Oh Mark  :'( :'( :'(  How awful for both you and Dennis.  Am so very sorry to hear this. 

Kylie was such a very beautiful girl with such devoted slaves.  Can imagine how low you're both feeling but thank heaven we have a way to ensure our much loved felines are relieved from any discomfort  :hug: :hug:

You're both in my thoughts.

RIP darling angel Kylie  :catluv:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2016, 07:46:45 AM »
Lovely pic of your gorgeous girl. Understand what you are going through :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2016, 06:53:13 AM »
Wow, look at the sheen on her coat!  :Luv2: :Luv2:   Oh she's a handsome girl and no mistake.  Mark, I ache for you both.  Losing a beloved friend leaves behind such a gaping hole.  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2016, 00:19:57 AM »
Thanks all - still trying to come to terms with it. One from when she was about 4, when we lived in London.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:45:11 AM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »
Mark I'm so sorry for you and Denis, hugs to you both

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2016, 23:08:55 PM »
ahh so sorry to hear that, we all hoped she would have a lot longer with you :( RIP Kylie :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2016, 22:02:35 PM »
Hugs for you and Dennis Mark on the loss of your darling baby girl x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2016, 21:57:45 PM »
So sorry Mark :hug: :hug: rest in peace Kylie  :Sad Bye:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 21:02:49 PM »
So sorry to hear your sad news Mark  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2016, 20:56:02 PM »
Mark so sorry to hear the news :hug:

Thinking of you both :hug:

Run free beautiful girl :candle:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2016, 20:38:24 PM »
Oh Mark, I'm so sorry!  :hug:

You loved your little girl so much and you did everything you possibly could for her - including doing her the final service of letting her go gently when you so badly wanted her to stay with you.

Rest easy sweet Kylie, run free at the bridge little girl

:candle:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 20:35:38 PM »
So sorry Mark. RIP Kylie.

:hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2016, 20:31:08 PM »
Am so sorry Mark.  Rest easy, beautiful Kylie xxxx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2016, 20:29:54 PM »
So sorry to hear this Mark. :care: :care: :care: You did the very best you could have done for her.

Play hard on The Bridge Kylie :( :RIP:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 20:15:16 PM »
Sorry to report that Kylie went downhill over the weekend. She went off her food, began breathing heavily and was very weak and lethargic. The vet managed to do a non-sedated digital x-ray this morning and there were patches showing that her lungs were filling with fluid. One lobe had already collapsed. Jane got a 2nd opinion from one of the other vets and they agreed that it was almost certainly where the cancer had spread - even if if was something else, it couldn't have been managed. They thought it wasn't fair to drain it, as it would almost certainly get worse again.

We will miss our Kylie. I adopted her from CP early in 2002 (She was previously called Minty) So she just about made it to 17, as she was 2 1/2 at the time.

http://i.imgur.com/mpLs2q7.jpg
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 20:16:39 PM by Mark »

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Kyiie's gut and paw problems
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2016, 20:24:58 PM »
Wishing Kylie all the best :hug:

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2016, 17:43:53 PM »
She looks very well, hope she has a good few more years to enjoy with you  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »
yes there is a bit less of her but she still looks very alert and in great condition mark

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2016, 18:15:23 PM »
She is a beautiful girl and I sincerely hope that the cancer hasn't spread to her lungs, whatever the outcome, I know that you will do your best by Kylie :hug: :hug: :hug:, you obviously love her so much.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2016, 15:47:13 PM »
Very glad to hear that your little lady is doing well - and that you no longer need to try keeping a dressing on!  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 07:39:45 AM »
She looks like she has one gloved paw and one without.  Got to say though Mark, She's still a beautiful lady.   :Luv:

I know what you mean.  I have a photograph of Paddy when he was about 8 years old and in his prime.  He was playing with our dog, Tess.  You could see how muscular and powerfully built he was, yet the contrast with the frail little old man he became was so marked.  Still, he's the only cat we've ever got to old age, so I look back on the two photos with much fondness.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2016, 23:52:40 PM »
We got the all-clear for Kylie to go without her bandage today  :D  https://goo.gl/photos/xeNf5Z2oHyx2URbj6

Now it is a case of watching her breathing ans hoping that the cancer hasn't spread to her lungs.

Also trying to manage the diarrhea, which in turn should help her anaemia/B12 deficiency. I am also supplementing B12

Anyone that remembers how big Kylie used to be will see that she is a shadow of her old 6.5kg self  :(
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 23:53:55 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2016, 19:58:15 PM »
It was a bit odd, as only the top 1/2" was sticky. They had put some kind of non-stick band in. I assue it was Rosie, the head nurse who did it, as that is who I saw. I am taking it as evidence as she thinks I am the type to not follow rules - I suppose she is right, but there was no need to make Kylie stay in, despite her telling me not to  :evillaugh:

Luckily I had the bottle of iodine ready and gave herpaw a good wash before using my 'thumb cut off of a pair of Primark (2 pairs for £1) gloves, elastoplast taped to the leg, followed by a baby sock, taped on with stretchy elastoplast tape, but not taped to the fur - patent pending! - it is much more comfortable for Kylie that the vet one.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 18:51:43 PM »
Oh Mark!  That is funny,  yet the sight of that little empty bandage gave me such a tug at my heartstrings.  Gods love her.    :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 16:45:45 PM »
I was out on the deck. Kylie flicked her arm (leg?) and the bandage came flying off  :evillaugh:

https://goo.gl/photos/bVLC2sCMTRB5KXf9A

She now has another one of my home made ones on

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2016, 14:47:04 PM »
Sounds as if that might improving  :crossed:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2016, 12:32:22 PM »
Amazingly, yesterday she did a solid - although quite  thin one - I can't remember the last time I saw one from her. Nothing overnight, but she is outside today. Obviously I can't watch her 24/7, so she might go in one of the borders - hopefully not, as we have a gardener in today putting down topsoil and planting  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 16:41:44 PM by Mark »

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2016, 12:18:53 PM »
Poor baby!  :hug: How are her gut issues?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
I took Kylie to have her stitches out yesterday. Sadly, in the brief time she was in a lampshade, cat litter had got into her wound and the skin had healed over it. They had to clean it out, which involved cutting the paw a bit - she had one stitch put in and rebandaged. She is back on Thursday to have that out. Also more ABs

https://goo.gl/photos/sPJtKqNfKThZxAGYA

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 08:18:54 AM »
oh her little naked tummy poor girl  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 23:06:23 PM »
Another one I took tonight. She seems a lot happier  :Luv2: http://i.imgur.com/bd9D4Nr.jpg

Link to CatChat