Author Topic: We have a Cat Burglar!  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: We have a Cat Burglar!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 10:09:15 AM »
Just a wee update, Mr Tiggy pooh has not entered the premises for a while now  ;D I think we have just been lucky LOL
Aye Sue, Robbie is the same, he will either sit in front of the door and wait for you to open it, or if he's outside, he will pop his
head into the tunnel bit and you keep hearing the lock intermittently release, which causes you to get up and let him in
These furkids ain't daft, either that or he's just reminding me who's the boss  :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 08:02:52 AM »
All cats are of the wiley variety.  Even when they just pretend to be stoopid.  (Our two Gurlcats will use the flap to exit the house, but will have us believe the can't get back in through the flaps......  :tired:)

I don't know if it's any use in the circumstances you havem, but I know the magnet on our pet door Sureflap flap is stronger than the one on our dualscan flap.  But as Mr Tiggs is literally travelling up Robbie's bottom, I'm not sure that would make any difference.  :-:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 07:10:34 AM »
Hmmm not so good Judecat  :( yes I would deffo get a micro cat flap, they DO stop unwanted visitors
unfortunately, My visitor is of the Wiley variety

thanks for the reply anyway  ;)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 21:40:09 PM »
Stuart, I feel your pain, I am going to get a micro chip cat flap as I am running a cat hotel, I have four visitors, one of which sleeps on my bed with Emo. :censored:, I wouldn't mind quite so much if I knew he was parasite treated. He is a long hair ginger and white, then we have a dilute grey tabby male, a short hair ginger and a nasty black cats that duffs up mine.

I do need a new one anyway as when I first opened the living room door to let the other cats and Merlin interact, I locked the cat flap and someone bashed their way out :doh:

Unfortunately, short of sitting near the flap armed with a water pistol I have no ideas. Sorry.

Paula xxx
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 13:14:54 PM »
Well put it this way Guys, I bought dog food for feeding the hedgehogs and this Mr Tigg's as his Meowmy likes to call him ate that too
besides, it took me long enough to find a food that Robbie will "eat most of" he still leaves a lot of waste, he also has biscuits.

Most days you can't leave the door ajar coz Tiggs - Elmo or even Slinky will be in the house like a rocket, I'm sure they hide and wait
every day just to try, telling you tho, it wasn't always this bad, it all started when Next door neighbour got the dog, yeah you heard me
DOG  :shocked: they moved in, had two kittys, then she had daughter, then another daughter, then OH tell's me they have bought a dog   :-:
cat's are never away from my garden now, probably the closest place they can get peace  :doh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 12:55:55 PM »
And him being an invalid cat like wot he is.... seems kind of uncharitable, dunnit?  :-:

(Says me, who as well as our own three cats feeds two Borrower cats as well, so I do know how much it can increase the food bill, and am not just making light of it for the hell of it!  :-[)

Dawn, I like your suggestion  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 12:55:18 PM »
does sound like a tricky one unless you can find a food he doesn't eat!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
LOL Sue, I try my best  :evillaugh:
can't really see any way around this, to be honest, unless sure flap has an automatic water pistol for non-registered pussy cats trying to enter the home I'm screwed  >:( :( :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:04:14 PM »
 :evillaugh:   So beautifully descriptive Stuart - t'was like we woz there.   :naughty:

I think Sureflap'ss customer service is brilliant, so it may be worthwhile having a word with them and explaining the dilemma to see if they have any suggestions? 

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
We have a Cat Burglar!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:00:44 AM »
Ok, looking for suggestions / ideas ( short of getting a dog ) how do we stop a 3 legged burglar coming into our house and stealing food? He is getting in by a sure flap catflap which is the kind that works off your puds microchip, what I can gather "Tigger" is doing is following my Robbie very closely (head up backside)  when he is coming into the house (like a long-bodied 7 legged cat) this is stopping the flap from locking if you know what I mean, always know he's been in coz the plate has been hoovered clean - not the first time there have been food sachets strewn about outside, but the little butter got two sachets during the night, tis starting to wear a bit thin now, any ideas folks?

Tigger is my next door neighbours cat, she has bought me cat food in the past as she feels so bad (it was the wrong kind - Robbie won't eat it)
I actually liked it better when Robbie and Tigger didn't get along, Tigger had a chip on his shoulder and was always trying to start fights with Robbie, but Robbie is the Alpha male in the area - as long as no ones giving him grief - he won't dish it out.

OH told me yesterday tho, that Tiggers next door neighbour was very angry and called Tigger a "Little Barsteward" because Tigger had went into their house too but had, had a big fight with their 3 legged Ginger Bob

anyway, as I say, short of getting a dog, anyone think of any ideas how to stop this Dumb (for getting run down by a car and losing a leg) Clever (has always been able to open my cupboards / rip open cardboard boxes to get the sachets out and of course covertly sneak into our house and steal My Robbies food) pussy cat.
TIA
Stuart

Link to CatChat