Author Topic: Notes for cattery - what would you put?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Notes for cattery - what would you put?
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 17:43:06 PM »
Sorry Rosella, I didn't receive an email notification (I have Gmail app and usually it shows when unread emails). I have now received it.  Thanks

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 05:57:32 AM »
Not sure if you received the email I sent you Susanne as I know you have had Internet problems but I emailed you the notes I prepared to be put up in each of their pens in cattery when we went away for my 50th in 2010. Each set of notes starts with a pic.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »
Really good tips. 

what we also have is a little folder  I have their insurance details, the vet's contact details and a "character sheet" for each cat, which I update before each holiday. 

I'm a dreadful holiday-taker from my own point of view.  I love our pet sitters to bits, but because of our losses over the years, I find myself texting and calling daily to see how the bairns are doing while we're away, and I fret if I can't get a signal or cant get messages through.  My phone occasionally takes the funnies when I'm away and stops working, so OH gets pestered dreadfully to make contact.   :-[

I lasted three days when we went on Honeymoon, then pestered Heidi daily. :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 06:52:24 AM »
Really good tips. 

It's been a long time since we've had to use a cattery/boarding kennels, but even though our pet sitters come and meet any new family members before we go on holiday, what we also have is a little folder file, which I put together a while ago.  This sets out very similar stuff to that which you've already compiled.  I have their insurance details, the vet's contact details and a "character sheet" for each cat, which I update before each holiday. 

I'm a dreadful holiday-taker from my own point of view.  I love our pet sitters to bits, but because of our losses over the years, I find myself texting and calling daily to see how the bairns are doing while we're away, and I fret if I can't get a signal or cant get messages through.  My phone occasionally takes the funnies when I'm away and stops working, so OH gets pestered dreadfully to make contact.   :-[

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 00:32:50 AM »
I have used a cattery!

As well as the information you've included I also give their chip numbers (but then I do have three black cats :-:) and in with their health history a note of how they behave if they're stressed.  I also take bedding they have slept on (familiar smell) and some toys (ping pong balls and catnippy things).

I have to just keep telling myself they will be fine
They will be ;D

2 cats voicing their discontent in the car
I find turning up the volume on the radio helps :naughty:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 00:20:46 AM »
Favourite toys and blankies?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 20:34:05 PM »

Don't forget favourite treats  ;D

I have never used a cattery  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Notes for cattery - what would you put?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 20:01:13 PM »
My precious boys are off on their jollies at the weekend  - to the cattery  :scared:  It's been a while so I have to just keep telling myself they will be fine and I will eventually, with time and a fair amount of alcohol, get over the hour long car journey with 2 cats voicing their discontent in the car.

I am preparing a single paged document for each of them outlining their likes and dislikes, food requirements etc.  Now obviously I've given the basics to the cattery over the phone - what they eat, name of vet etc. but I thought it would be a good idea to put together something that is easy for staff to consult - maybe put up in their room so that they can go in there and see at a glance who is who and what they like etc.

So far I have basic info at top - name, nickname, age, colour (so that they know who is who) then I have 3 boxes - first is likes and dislikes such as liking tummy rubs, cardboard boxes etc., then I've put a health section which includes dates of latest worm and flea treatment, any health issues (such as Mosi's tail as I want them to be aware need to be a bit careful with his tail) then a final box re food.  I've included litter in that box too as didn't seem to warrant a whole section but I wanted to put down what type of litter they are used to

Can anyone think of anything else I should include?

Link to CatChat