Author Topic: Cat Worming Treatment  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Cat Worming Treatment
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 15:20:23 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   :popcorn:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 14:41:12 PM »
Ah yes you are right Rosella I didn't notice the link!

Me neither!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 14:36:19 PM »
Ah yes you are right Rosella I didn't notice the link!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 08:06:22 AM »
Sorry but it is clear to me that not only is the information below unsound at the least but also an advert for a website and that is not allowed unless admin i.e. Tan has approved so I have removed web address.

I am also very much of the view that Amelia and Lucy clearly know one another.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 20:43:50 PM »
Sorry, but garlic is an allium e.g. an onion family representative, onions are toxic to cats, the others I have no knowledge of in relation to cats, but I am going to trust my Advantage and Drontal to protect my cats. Those things may be very useful to humans (except the earth, which I haven't even heard of) but I would rather tried and trusted remedies. Apologies if that offends.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 14:06:04 PM »
I was alarmed at the advice to give garlic!  :Crazy:

A lot of people believe that 'natural' = 'harmless' but that is not always so. Don't forget that some of our most potent medicines, and poisons, were found in nature! Add to that the fact that doses cannot always be accurately judged as potency depends on so many factors, and 'drugs' don't always look so bad.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
I tried natural flea treatment once and it was a disaster!!!  agree re worming, I don't do it every three months but sometimes chemicals are necessary

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:20:52 AM »
I'd agree, Lynn.  I'm all for raising awareness of the need to worm regularly though. 

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »
I wouldn't give garlic to cats it's poisonous to them. I'm a big fan of natural treatments for myself and cats but haven't found any natural treatment for fleas or worms that I trust. One dose of wormer is going to stop your cats getting very ill so sometimes you have to go with the drugs.

Offline Lucy Evelyn

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:05:31 AM »
Thank you Amelia!
Lucy Evelyn

Offline Amelia Jade

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 06:52:39 AM »
Hi Lucy,

Natural treatments are the safest way to get rid of worms in cats. Main advantage of using natural treatment processes is zero side-effects. Cat worming treatment done naturally also increases the digestive strength of cats. 

Here are the 7 natural ingredients to be included in the food of a worm-infected cat:

1.   Garlic – It works efficiently against parasite called Giardia and many more worms. Mince or press garlic before use.
2.   Papaya – Use mature green papayas. Its digestive enzymes digest proteins present in parasites.
3.   Carrot – Keeps digestive tract clean. Add it daily into your pet’s diet as it reduces possibility of worm infestations.
4.   Black walnut – Most effective in treating tapeworms. Use under professional supervision.
5.   Turmeric – It reduces the damage & inflammations caused by worms. Four compounds present in it acts together as perfect anti-parasitic medicine.
6.   Pumpkin seed – Effective on both tapeworms and hookworms. Grind it and mix it with your pet’s food daily.
7.   Edible Diatomaceous earth – It is a white powder formed naturally from a type of algae. Its microscopic edges shred against parasites and simultaneously dehydrates them.

For more information check out (edited by moderator)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:03:16 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Lucy Evelyn

• Kitten
Cat Worming Treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 05:03:43 AM »
How to get rid of worms in cats naturally?
Lucy Evelyn

Link to CatChat