Author Topic: Bonnie - 11 weeks old  (Read 1997 times)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
Re: Bonnie - 11 weeks old
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 17:54:56 PM »
Awww yeah she does have a double coat then. She doesn't seem to have the long hair around her face tho. Reckon she will be quite small once fully grown. She doesn't really make much noise either. She occasionally chirps but that's about all. I hope she does grow up a little NFC as they are very beautiful but as you all say, she's just so cute :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 17:55:34 PM by NikNakNoo »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 17:03:37 PM »
Double coated is definitely an NFC characteristic, but who cares? She is beautiful and yours, her parentage doesn't matter :Luv2: :Luv: Emo is half bred NFC, but she was my Daughters so I didn't see her as a kitten. She is long haired with tufty paws and looks like a tiny NFC, she is heavy but that is podgy belly, she has a very small, fine head. The main NFC characteristic she has is vocalisation, she comments on everything and chirrups and purr-ows. She also moults that fine undercoat like crazy, you'll be forever hoovering if you are houseproud :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 00:06:00 AM »

She's gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

I thought NFC were long haired!

Well she's not pure NWF, we know that. She is long haired, sort of. She kind of has two coats. One short and then one whispy and long. So who knows!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 00:06:40 AM by NikNakNoo »

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 23:37:49 PM »

She's gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

I thought NFC were long haired!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 19:47:13 PM »
She is sooooo beautiful! That little nose is just ripe for kissing  :Luv2:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 19:03:03 PM »
:Luv:  What do I think?  She's gorgeous, regardless of breed characteristics.   :Luv2:

From what I remember of weight gain, it's about 4oz a week in their first 8 - 10 weeks of life, so about 2lbs weight by the age of 12 weeks.  Remember though, this is a guideline only.

Moray is a NFC type cat.  He was small when we brought him home, and there was absolutely no inkling of his NFC characteristics.  He looked slightly spiky and long haired.  It wasnt really until he was about 5 to 6 months old that he began to morph, and his true splendour was revealed, with a magnificent mane, and snowshoe paws.  However, he didn't grow to gigantic proportions.  He's like a mini NFC.

Aww thank you. She's finally realising that maybe human cuddles and laps aren't a bad think and definitely worth investigating whilst purring madly!! But for investigation purposes you understand!!!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 18:44:16 PM »
 :Luv:  What do I think?  She's gorgeous, regardless of breed characteristics.   :Luv2:

From what I remember of weight gain, it's about 4oz a week in their first 8 - 10 weeks of life, so about 2lbs weight by the age of 12 weeks.  Remember though, this is a guideline only.

Moray is a NFC type cat.  He was small when we brought him home, and there was absolutely no inkling of his NFC characteristics.  He looked slightly spiky and long haired.  It wasnt really until he was about 5 to 6 months old that he began to morph, and his true splendour was revealed, with a magnificent mane, and snowshoe paws.  However, he didn't grow to gigantic proportions.  He's like a mini NFC.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
Bonnie - 11 weeks old
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 18:20:34 PM »
Hi all

Well bonnie has fitted in incredibly well, couldn't have wished for better.

I was just wondering whether being 1.3kg (or 2.87lbs) is a good weight at 11 weeks old?

She seems to have grown loads but she is suppose to be a NWF cat mix. Not sure she is!! What do you think:

What do you think?

Is 1.3kg a good weight at 11 weeks and does she look like a NWF cat?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 18:23:50 PM by NikNakNoo »

Link to CatChat