Author Topic: New cat in garden, Dilemma  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: New cat in garden, Dilemma
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 21:11:12 PM »
Well, Pudding is now Poppy as she is a girl, I have been able to check today as she has been around in the garden all day and is now back in the cat house. I don't knpw if anyone has seen the painting of the black cat with brilliant green eyes in the poppy field? That is what she looks ;like with some flesh on her. Amazing what three days of food can do! Her coat is already looking more glossy although she is moulting like mad, her mouth is looking much better, she is obviously not a young, young cat, so I think she must have been spayed at some point, she doesn't have fleas or ear mites so they obviously looked after her, why would anyone leave such a lovely, loving girl. Even if they had moved into somewhere that didn't allow pets why didn't they contact the local rescues? Stacey and Sheila at Paws at Findon would have taken her in if there was no alternative. :censored: :censored: :censored:. If I could I would take her on, but I can't afford 6 cats. She obviously doesn't have anywhere else to go but here, but she is so sweet apart from to other cats the only difficulty I see in re-homing her would be that she is black.

Stop counting on your fingers, I may have a pleasant surprise for you ;) :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 17:39:39 PM »
How can people move out and leave their cat behind?  >:( I know it happens with dogs too and it makes me sick!  :'(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
Well done Paula.  Sounds a purrfect spot for Pudding.  I do hope a caring owner is found  :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 23:19:01 PM »
He came to be fed again this morning, looked a lot better, mouth looked a lot less raw, he hung around all day, fed him again this evening, and then cleaned out the cat house.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but way back when, may even have been in Cat Chat times, my previous Husband got really jealous of the cats,  in retrospect, I think his irrational behaviour was the cancer in his brain, anyhow, he built quite a palatial cat house in the garden, two floors, with windows and a cat flap in one door (it has two), ground floor has removable vinyl for cleaning and is for food and drink, first floor has a fluffy bed with fleeces for sleeping.

Pudding, I have to call him something :evillaugh:, is now happily ensconced in the cat house, I keep checking him every half hour and he has head fusses and purrs like a steam train. He is in there with yet another pouch of food and water, my next door neighbour says she has seen him hanging around for about a week. I think we will see how he goes. He looks so much better today.

If he goes during the day tomorrow I will try the paper collar, but from what next door says is right it may be a case of the people who moved out from the close behind last week have gone and left him behind. I'll hold fire and see what transpires over the weekend.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 22:00:12 PM »
Paper collar would be a good starting point Paula as not all cats chipped esp elderly ones as not always been common as now to chip. Also hyper cats can be aggressive to other cats. He may not be well esp as coat not good and thin.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 19:47:28 PM »
He was there again this evening, I fed him and then Pippa came up coz she follows meouwmy when she isn't snuggled on the bed, closely followed by Bob and Pirate, this cute furry creature turned into an aggressive monster who attacked the kitten cats. I can't believe this snuggle, purr monster cat can be so nasty to fellow felines. :Crazy:, if he is back tomorrow he will be fed and taken to the vet hospital to see if his owner is traceable. If not he will have to go to wherever Grove Lodge sends them, CPL sometimes, local rescue otherwise, but I can't have him hurting my kittens. :(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 17:53:30 PM »
you could always try a paper collar asking them to call you

I think this is a good idea, you could carry on feeding scruffycat at the same time.

Think that's what I'd opt for too.  Either that, or nip him up to the vet to see if he can scan him and identify the graze problem.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 17:05:10 PM »

I think this is a good idea, you could carry on feeding scruffycat at the same time.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 15:20:09 PM »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
New cat in garden, Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 15:14:38 PM »
This morning OH came in to get me as he said that he could hear a cat behind the garage but couldn't see it, I went out and called and eventually a small scruffy looking cat came out to meet me, bless him (?), don't know why but he looked male, he was so affectionate, purred like a train, but when I picked him up he was skin and bone, his coat wasn't great, very dull and he had that look that old neutered toms have with the skinny back end. He also had a graze on his lower lip. I did feed him and give him fresh water, but here is the dilemma, if he comes back do I keep feeding him? My Trouble looked like that when he got old, and he ate well at home, but if someone offered him anything, he would snap it up. I don't want to catnap someones elderly, much loved pet, but at the same time I am torn into thinking that if he comes back, shouldn't I at least take him to the local vet hospital as a stray to get that mouth looked at? He didn't seem to be in any discomfort from it, but still. He wasn't wearing a collar, but again, mine don't as they are chipped and don't like them.

What do you lot think?

Link to CatChat