Author Topic: Vocal Cat  (Read 1671 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Vocal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 01:32:37 AM »
So sorry you had to let Jess go The Bridge, it's the hardest and the bravest thing we have to do for our cats :hug:

I know how you feel as I lost Bonnie last year and Tisha and Kitty this year.  We just have to think of all the love we gave them and let them goat the right time for them.

Harvey and Carrie will probably settle down soon I would imagine, no experience there I'm afraid.  Sue might be right about Harvey, see how he goes. :hug:

Mary

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:30 AM »
Bless Harvey.   :hug: :hug:

White cats can be prone to deafness,  and as cats grow older they may also develop hyperthyroidism, which can result in "yowling" behaviours.  I would consider a trip to the vet for Harvey for a general wellbeing check up.

I'm sorry about your loss of Jess.  You clearly cared for her extremely well, and 17 was a grand age for any cat, so well done.  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 23:44:21 PM »
I am so sorry for the loss of Jess  :hug: It could be the change that has brought about Harvey's recent vocalisation, we found a similar thing when  I lost my beloved Chivers - his sister, Punky, became much more chatty afterwards.

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
Vocal Cat
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 11:43:01 AM »
My 8 yr old White cat - Harvey - has become very vocal.  He yells when he comes in, "I've been out mum, and now I'm back, have you missed me?"  Well that's what I think he's saying.  It's not a meow but a full on yowl.  I did wonder if he was distressed about something, but I don't think so now.  I'm down to two cats now, poor little Jess became very poorly and had to be pts aged 17 a few weeks ago.  We all miss her, in fact both Harvey and Carrie wandered round looking for her for days and Harvey doesn't understand why he's now allowed upstairs, previously that was Jess's territory because they didn't get on at all. 

Link to CatChat