Author Topic: Long time no post!!!  (Read 9827 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Long time no post!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 13:35:28 PM »
don't want to be a kill joy but what would you do if it didn't work out - I know in most cases it does but we took on a cat from a relative who was in hospital and eventually died - more than two years later she and one of mine hate each others guts and have to have a door between them at all times  :(

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 13:06:28 PM »
Thank you for your replies. We just aren't sure whether 4 is too many. We need to think sensibly. But then you start thinking well it's only one more than 3 so.... lol

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
Our smallest spare bedroom is slowly turning into a cat room, after it became The Gurlies bedroom when they first came home with us.  It now has cat trees, toys and beds, and is available to them whenever they want to use it.  (Having said that, so is every room in the house.  Our living room is gradually also becoming filled with far more stuff for the cats than it is for us.   :evillaugh: )

It occurred to me that if ever we move, we're going to have to do some serious work to make the house presentable for ordinary viewings.   :-[

I would say if you choose your new arrival with care, thinking about the personalities and temperaments of your existing family, then it stands a good chance of success.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 23:33:03 PM »
Mine have always accepted new cats regardless of gender, as long as the males are neutered I don't think there would be a problem unless any are territorial? Maybe because I have always had a multi cat household, unfortunately every few years or so one passed away due to my habit of rehoming older cats, the others just accepted them, now I have a 6-ish year old and have been lucky enough to give three young cats a home, so hopefully have a stable household for many years to come.

I would love a cat room, I would have cat trees and tunnels, somewhat as I imagine The Hoolies flat must be ;D, and Andrews of course. :naughty:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 22:43:52 PM »
What lovely cats you have :Luv:, Turning your spare bedroom sounds like a great idea ;), sorry i cant help with ideas for for this - we are in a one bed bungalow, but i'm sure there will be lots on here with idea's ;D ;D

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 21:41:52 PM »
Bebe

Bruno

Barnaby-Jones
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 22:04:41 PM by NikNakNoo »

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
Long time no post!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 21:28:27 PM »
Hi all

I haven't posted on here for quite some time but we are considering getting a new addition to our gang of 3. I will post some pics shortly, obviously. I was wondering though is 4 too many? They are all indoor cats and we only have a 2 bedroom flat. It's an open plan spacious flat but still, 4 too many? Also, I'm very keen to turn our spare second bedroom which isn't really used into a cat room, any ideas or suggestions on how to do this?

Enough talking, i will try and post some photos but i think they are all too large (bigger than the 350kb allowed).

We are looking at getting amother little girl cat - good idea/bad idea to get a female???

Thanks for reading! :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 21:29:42 PM by NikNakNoo »

Link to CatChat