Author Topic: Beautiful little cat called Lilley needing her forever home before it is too late  (Read 6613 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Paula, it's only OH that stops me from becoming a total Mad Cat Lady!  :-[

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Sheila, you are a STAR! :Luv:

There is a reason I don't follow these threads too much, otherwise I would become a sad old lady with too many cats I couldn't care for properly because I would want them all. So glad that Lilley has an assured future. ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Fantastic news Sheila  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
That's wonderful news, Sheila.  She's such a little sweetie  :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
We managed to secure Lilly a space at our wonderful adoption centre.  :wow:

Her future is assured.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Vaccinations then off there tomorrow.  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
She is so sweet  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
What a cutie  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

You're a star Sheila  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Oh my! What a little darling  :Luv2:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
This is Lilly, such a sweet little girl.

Bless her, she had overgroomed to the point her back end was almost bald, it's growing back now thanks to the help she's had from the lovely ladies at Medivet, and I will continue to supplement her with the Omega oil treatment. I'm going to pop her on grain free diet for a week too and see if it helps.... Hers is the exact same condition that Big Sam arrived here in, and it was a grain intolerance that were the source of his anxiety and overgrooming, so rather try this than extending the prescription urinary food.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
So pleasedshe is with you Sheila and would ove some pics  ;D ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Lilly now safe at my house.  :Luv: I'll introduce her here slowly to assess her compatibility, but from what I can glean from her fractured history, she may in fact be compatible with some other, calm, animals. Even an older dog may be a consideration.  :)

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
what a shame she has to be an only cat

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Just texted you Deb, I spoke to Alicia this morning, no problem, I can take her if another options isn't available to you by the time we get transport organised. I'm working in Heathrow on Wednesday, can we work something out for then?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
She looks so sad and hope that this works out 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
Sheila, you are a star  :hug:

Offline Deb Bell

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Binde
Sheila can you call me on the mobile below.  I have taken your no. down incorrectly from Alicia.  Thanks Deb

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
OK, I'll give her a ring in the morning. Thank you, let get this little one to safety.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Sheila, I love ya Mrs  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Deb Bell

• Adult Cat
Sheila, just spoke to Alicia - can you please call her tomorrow morning at Medivet Flitwick surgery - she leaves at 12pm tomorrow so if it is after then please ask for Clare.  01525 714 892.  Thanks and have a great day.

Offline Deb Bell

• Adult Cat
Sheila, you are amazing!  I will ask Alicia at Medivet Flitwick to call you and if transportation is needed then I could bring her over next weekend.  I will call her today and hopefully we can get the ball rolling.  Please keep me updated as if this does not work, then I will keep my post up for just incase purposes so if someone appropriate does want her then I can direct them to Medivet or yourself if she goes with you.  Instantly I met her I knew she was special.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Please contact me I'm not too far away and if this cat has no other options I will take her and she will be safe.

Sheila Rose
Branch Co-ordinator
Cats Protection, Waltham Forest

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
Poor little girl, I do hope she finds somewhere very soon!

No good me saying I would take her - even if I could persuade hubby to agree - because I have 2 already and Lilley needs to be an only.

Offline Deb Bell

• Adult Cat
Dear All

I desperately need your amazing help again with this beautiful and dear little cat, Lilley.  She was brought into Medivet Flitwick with a request that was not in her favour because the children in her home were too rough with her.  Wisely the vet took the view not to follow through and they have been looking after her.  However, their sources for promoting are not great - Facebook Medivet Flitwick and a poster.  I met her today and she is the perfect little cat.  I would have taken her there and then if it were not for my two geriatrics who would not be too pleased at having a third cat enter the frame!  I cannot get her sad little face out of my mind.  Ideally rehoming in this situation should be local i.e. Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire.  However, time is running out and they are worried, so I think we need to broaden the location so quite frankly I am sure there could be a way to work out how we get her to anyone in England within reason and I am sure a home check can be arranged in most counties.  If you have an interest, please can you contact me on 07760128595 and I can let you know how I found her disposition and also you can contact Medivet Flitiwck directly via the their Facebook page, but please drop me a note to let me know you have done this.  Please once again dig deep on the resourcing side to find this little cat her forever home.  Thanks again.  Deb
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 23:40:42 PM by Deb Bell »

Link to CatChat