Author Topic: No Little French Man For Me  (Read 8514 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: I Might Be Getting a Little French Man
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
A word to the wise Mary  :shy:  Telephone is usually better way to contact rescues rather than email.  You may know differently though concerning your local RSPCA.  They may not even allow telephone contact for all I know and insist on a potential slave visiting but I am just trying to save you the irritating waiting for an email response time  :hug:  Not sure if your furries have outdoor access or not? 

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 12:36:49 PM »
How exciting!! Hope you get a reply soon!

Pepe looks like a sweetiepie, I love his name!

Smudge was a handsome fella  :Luv2: I remember seeing some of those pics not long ago because I commented on not only the lovely cats, but how much I loved your garden  ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 12:27:44 PM »
Ciao bella :naughty: :rofl:

Very true, I think you have to have had a black cat to know that they are not at all alike ;)

The letter at the start of the reference number means the circumstances they came into the rescue centre and I can't remember them all, C is a cruelty case but why can't I remember the others?  I think W might be wandering the streets.

I think most of their cats will have a Yorkshire accent when they meow - mearrrr  :naughty: :rofl: Can you hear it? ;)  I get dafter each day I'm sure.

Gill I don't know how you can't remember my pics of Smudge.  In fact not so long ago I remember posting a pic of him and his ginger friend from up the road who always came in my house and I took one of them both on the door step and you commented on how nice my garden looked.

Any way, I'veemailed the people in charge of the rehoming and asked if we are a PURRfect match.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 09:20:37 AM »
Don't think I've seen the "Smudge in bed" pic before Mary but recognise the other pics; being a bit of a black cat aficionado meself like  :)    :catluv:  Weird how short haired black cats can look so uniquely different.   

Well Pepe looks a bit of a doll too  :Luv2: :Luv2: but not like Smudge so I don't think homing a black cat should necessarily present a problem to you.  Any cat of whatever colour will indeed be absolutely unique.  Our Boris is very similar in colouring to our stunning Fred RIP but Boris is quite definitely his own man  :naughty:

I hope things turn out well for you and Pepe.  Love the name.  My name is Italian by the way but I have not one drop of Italian blood in me and suspect Pepe has very little French blood either  :evillaugh:

I think the fact that Pepe is shown as 12 years old means RSPCA should have some history for him?  Hopefully it will mean he has had decent slaves for his life so far if they know his age.  Sad that he has ended up in rescue but hope he is well and is rehomed soon  :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 09:07:56 AM »
Ooh, a house panther - we have one of those, they're fantastic!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 08:02:12 AM »
what lovely pictures of smudge mary - fingers crossed for pepe  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 02:19:38 AM »
I remeber your failed foster of Bonnie and you finding Smudge but not ever seeing him before  :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 01:32:20 AM »
Gill, of course you have, he was the reason I came on Purrs. Sam saw my advert for him missing on a site and invited me on here.

I then fostered Bonnie for 4 days and then I was a failed fosterer and adopted Bonnie.  You remember now don't you?

I posted loads of pics of Smudge and had loads of support from you all when he was missing and whenI found him dead
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:38:02 AM by maryas »
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 00:04:33 AM »
Smudge is gorgeous, dont know I have ever seen him before  ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 21:59:33 PM »
Well, with me being half Latvian, we should be the United Nations :evillaugh:

As soon as I saw the name I immediately thought of:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep%C3%A9_Le_Pew

Wen I saw he was black I immediately thought of my darling Smudge who went to the Bridge in 2008. I often wonder how I would be with another black cat, but I know he will be different, to start with Smudge had yellow eyes and Pepe has green ones in that pic.

P.S. After looking at the pic of Pepe again, I think he actually does have yellow eyes :Luv2:

Pic of my Smudge attached :Luv2: :Luv2:

I actually have a good feeling about this, I hope I'm not disappointed.

I was gonna leave it until Monday, but you might be right Sue, I'll let them know my feelings on Pepe.

Thanks every one.

Mary

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 22:47:39 PM by maryas »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 20:45:34 PM »
Gill, Pepe can be Spanish, French, Portugese or Italian.   

I hope you do get a call Mary.  Is it worth ringing them?   :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 20:31:35 PM »
Fingers crossed for you Mary  :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 18:58:36 PM »
Ummmmmmmmmmm why French? Thought Pepe was Spanish  :innocent:

Hope he is the cat of your dreams  ;D ;D

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 17:53:03 PM »
Fingers crossed that this handsome  boy noir  will soon be yours Mary!

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 17:36:28 PM »
ooo....he looks like a handsome lucky black cat Mary :) Hope it will be good news for you soon :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 17:41:47 PM by souffle »
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
No Little French Man For Me
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 17:03:18 PM »
Finally had my home visit to adopt an Older cat from the RSPCA today.

I've been looking on the website every day and today I noticed a new one called Pepe.

He is 12 and nothing written about him, also any cat 10 or over goes to a fosterer and the description says he is in the rehoming centre and available - so does that mean I might get a call to adopt him??

Mary

http://84.45.212.163/cgi-bin/viewanimaldetails.py?animalid=14095
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 13:25:06 PM by maryas »

Link to CatChat