Author Topic: No Little French Man For Me  (Read 8515 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: No Little French Man For Me
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2016, 13:35:31 PM »
Mary - just read this, and am so sorry you fell.  :(  I hope that there's no lasting damage.  Sending you a quick hug.   :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2016, 18:13:40 PM »
Hope you are all right Mary and yes very hard when things cause you to fall.  :hug: :hug:

Is there a way that all the stuff could be put in one room with door shut and to say that a cat will not be allowed in that room...............tbh I think you should be able to go thro your mums stuff when you are ready.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2016, 14:11:56 PM »
Mary  :hug: I'm sorry to hear about your fall - glad you didn't do yourself any damage!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2016, 18:50:42 PM »
 :Luv:    :hug:   Sorry to hear you have had a fall as well. Let's hope the patter of four feet will soon make life more enjoyable . I am sure there is a new cat waiting for to step into your home in very near future.  All the best.  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2016, 17:51:41 PM »
Not ye as I'm at a standstill with the clearing things away in my house for a home visit.

If it was mucky I could hire myself a cleaner for a while BUT cos it's stuff that needs looking through andnot just moving from one space into another it's taking a while.

Hopefully worth it in the end.

Aching all over at the moment as I fell in my living room this morning, instead of using my crutches to go in the kitchen for a glass of water I used my stick and on my way back I ended up n the floor.  Backless slippers might be going in the bin ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2016, 19:22:56 PM »
Is there a new furry friend on the horizon yet , Mary ?     :hug:   :hug: hopefully soon anyway  :hug:

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2016, 12:34:14 PM »
I'm so sorry Mary, what a terrible disappointment. I really admire how well you're taking it.
Just like ohers have said, i just know ther's a cat out there for you  :hug:  :hug:

I found Cat Chat I think in the Nov and lost Kocka in Jul and was still suffering. I would have gone anywhere to find a cat.
Know exactly what you mean Gill, you know how desperate I was after losing Bailey. I thank my lucky stars every day that I found my monsters only a few weeks later

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2016, 11:08:47 AM »
We never even had a home check! They were so overflowing with cats and kittens and we were quite a distance away from the animal home that they were more than happy to pop Callie & Monty in the cat basket!
Not sure if they would still do it but they had put out a plea for homes and they even had pens in reception with kitties in.

This happened to me when Winnie came to live with us. And I live in a building site because parents are still finishing off the house extension lol.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Mary, it's never easy to lose something when you've had your heart set on it

As has been already said, "Your Cat Day will Come" :)

Meanwhile...I have sent a hello from Winnie for you :)

Julz xx

Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
Gill, know just what you mean.

Mary, de cluttering is a very therapeutic process when you're in the frame of mind to do it.  I've just done my kitchen and the two back bedrooms - I try to do it 3 -4 times a year to keep on top of things but still find my cupboards bulge.

I sometimes feel certain rescues often impose unrealistic standards and expectations on their would-be adopters.  Whilst I understand why, I think they should take each case on merit.  I guess most will tell you they don't have the time or resources.

Positive thoughts for your de-cluttering and soon I'm sure, you'll have another first-person sharing your life.   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2016, 02:33:26 AM »
Cats love clutter, more ways to cause mischief!

Misa and SAsa came from CP 6 days after I lost Kocka, some need a cat immediately, I did and was grief stricken for a very long time.

I found Cat Chat I think in the Nov and lost Kocka in Jul and was still suffering. I would have gone anywhere to find a cat.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 23:46:31 PM »
They make the rules and they can change them to suit them, they hold all the aces.  They don't care or realise how much they are upsetting people.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 18:18:13 PM »
We never even had a home check! They were so overflowing with cats and kittens and we were quite a distance away from the animal home that they were more than happy to pop Callie & Monty in the cat basket!
Not sure if they would still do it but they had put out a plea for homes and they even had pens in reception with kitties in.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2016, 15:26:19 PM »
How disappointing Mary  :( :( :( 

I can understand a little reluctance in homing a cat to someone still grief stricken but surely a distraction is precisely what you need to get up in the morning? 

Bearing in mind we had lost 3 relatives in one month and then Aslan to an RTA  :'( :'( :'( , I am frankly amazed that RSPCA let us have Freddie RIP (formerly Hugo) back in October 2006.  Especially given the two page rant I sent to the manager of our local RSPCA centre at me being made to wait so long for a home check.  You know I don't even remember the home check too well at all but I know it happened.  Think I might email you the letter I sent to RSPCA if I can track it down.  From memory, it was a doozie  :-[ :-[ :-[

The clutter comment is just bunkum  :-:

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer Mary   :cuddle:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 13:41:04 PM »
then you can come do mine ;)
[/color]

That would be a big fat NO Lynne :naughty:

Mary

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 13:40:09 PM »
Souffle put it perfectly.   One black bag at a time, Mary.   :hug:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 13:22:44 PM »
You made a start already  :hug: That is great. Little baby steps and letting go of some of your dear mums things for the benefit of the cats is a great thing to do. Another bag tomorrow ...and the next... set yourself targets like a bag a day and a shelf polish and clean. You will get there then you can come do mine ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2016, 13:11:43 PM »
Well, I'm never really optimistic but I'm going to have to be withthis situation :hug:

Emptied 1 of my mum's black bags and it had some stuff in tha I can give to RSPCA charity shop.  My knees are hurting now so Ineed to rest..

:thanks: everyone   :hug: :hug:

Mary

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »
I think Souffle put it very well.

Possibly this is what you need, Mary, although it might not feel like it right now. Decluttering will help your depression, and that will give you more energy and improve your health - honest! And now you have the motivation to do it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 22:21:39 PM »
That really sucks Mary. :care: :care: :care:, I do think that some of these people have unrealistic expectations.

You'll get there Honey.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 20:29:35 PM »
So sorry Mary  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 20:15:51 PM »
 :thanks: again everyone :hug:

Yes Lynne, my 'Cat Day' will come.

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2016, 19:30:17 PM »
Declutter  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

How pathetic are they!

So sorry Mary  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 17:47:41 PM »
 :'( so sorry Mary.  They failed your home visit just because of a bit of clutter,  i don't agree with them - what about these RSPCA programs on TV where they go round to homes with animals living horrendous conditons, and they leave the animals there because at least they being fed, watered and have shelter >:( >:(

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 16:45:15 PM »
Oh Mary!  :hug: I'm so sorry, I know you are so eager to share your home with an elderly cat  :(

Wise words from Souffle though.

The right cat is out there and will be yours at the right time. We will do our best to keep you company until that time comes  :hug:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 16:33:33 PM »
It wasn't meant to be Mary just now. It is spring now...it's a new day it's a new dawn and we want you feeling good. Take your time and recover your strength and yourself till you feel strong enough to make that call.
Sorting out the things will help in many ways as it will allow you to order your memories alongside your sorting and declutter your mind as well as your home.
When it is done it is a good feeling and lightens your load so you can move forward.
Your cat day will come Mary - it really will  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 16:18:06 PM »
 :thanks:

No worries cos Iam fighting back and will have my clutter moved in no time.  I'm a believer in things happening for a reason, so there must be a cat out there that really needs me at 'The Right Time' ;)

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 14:47:32 PM »

So sorry Mary  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 14:13:30 PM »
Mary, that must've really knocked you sideways.  I'm so sorry and feel miffed on your behalf.   :hug:  But, never despair. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2016, 13:41:54 PM »
I Know how it feels, I was turned down by a rescue once as well you can't help but take it personally

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2016, 13:38:27 PM »
VERY HARD Dawn :hug:  I mean, how much chuffing room does one old lazy cat need?

Mary

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 13:28:33 PM »
oh mary I'm so sorry its great that you are trying to take this as a positive but must be very hard  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: I Might Be Getting a Little French Man
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 13:23:58 PM »
Received a letter in the post this morning from the deputy manager at RSPCA.  It said I had failed my home visit.
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

So, I phoned her and she said that, as I know from being a home vistor that they take their word and she was told that my house was too much of a clutter and nowhere for the cat to lay or play.  She did say that I would love a cat and that was not the problem.

Must admit there are loads of my mum's stuff that I need to get sorted and I had just had an Iceland delivery and those bags of shopping were taking up a lot of space.

She was also told that I wasn't happy in myself etc. etc.  You can imagine my reply to that  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:  Luckily she knows me and I did say I understand that she has to do this, otherwise the animals would not be their priority and that's what home visits are all about.

So, all in all I know I need to frame myself and get stuff sorted that I should've done ages ago but haven't because of my depression and deteriorating health problems.

I asked about Pepe and was told he is a flu carrier and not to look on website and get upset cos they go to someone else and just concentrate on my house and myself for now.
she, herself will come out and see me as she has known me since I got Bonnie and know I am PURRfect.

Mary
She said to give her a call when I feel I have everything ready and

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 20:26:49 PM »
Black cats are also lucky you know and they are lovely as well.  :hug:    I am very fond of my tabby though . Let's hope Pepe he is soon moving into his new home with you.  :hug:   

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 15:14:23 PM »
Thank you ever so much everyone  :hug:

Mary

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 22:23:21 PM »
Good luck with Pepe.  I have known a few black cats and they have all been divine kitties.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 19:26:06 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for you  ;D he's lovely. I recognise all the pic of gorgeous Smudge  :Luv:

i have a fantasy of being surrounded by black cats. I'd love to have at least 6 in different shapes and sizes, long hair and short hair but all completely black. I love black and white too but they don't fit in this fantasy, lol. It will never happen as Somalis don't come in black and 2 is a house fun for me!  But I do love that shiny, black fur.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 17:21:48 PM »
Ys easily confuseed, my age you know  :innocent:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 16:14:56 PM »
Lovely photo's of Smudge and what a generous boy he was to make friends with the ginja ninja  ;D I have my fingers crossed that Pepe will be yours.

I have only really known 3 all black cats (my own Alfie and my friend's two - Sabrina RIP and Eliza kitten) and they have been very different in appearance and personality  :catluv:

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 16:12:40 PM »
The Cats Protection League in Warrington where we got Butter from, say a lot of black cats tend to get overlooked, so maybe the RSPCA think the same.  Hope you get to adopt him maryas, fingers crossed for you :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 13:58:36 PM »
OMG Nic, it was you that commented on my garden? I'm gonna confuse Gill even  more now :evillaugh:

Rosella, the 3 ladies that deal with the rehoming only work part time (found this out last week) and if they are in they reply straight away to my emails rather than phoning.

Must admit I am in the habit of emailing a lot of things rather than using the phone as in previous jobs it's been very handy to have proof :sneaky: :sneaky: :rofl:

They usually need a final vet check before going in to a new home and the vet is only there Monday and Thursday 11 - 2 so I will be patient - says she, screaming inside  :rofl:

Mary

Link to CatChat