Author Topic: 'Werewolf cats'  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: 'Werewolf cats'
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 17:24:29 PM »
Whatever the ethics, they're beautiful looking cats.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 16:55:14 PM »
I have heard that black cats are in danger coming up to halloween. If some idiot decided that these really did have some sort of 'werewolf' quality . . .  :(

Offline Cherry24

• Distinguished Cat
  • Work from home which means 24/7 cat cuddles
  • Slave to: Freya & Gobi
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 16:53:00 PM »
I can definitely see them becoming a 'fad' in the same way that certain dogs can be. Saying that, I thought I was quite 'up' on cat breeds so maybe they aren't that well known yet.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 16:48:09 PM »
I hadn't heard of these either!

I worry about 2 things; firstly, as always the seeming need to breed animals for our own benefit. I don't want cats to go the same way as dogs, with so many breeds having inherent problems. Secondly, I worry for anything with this kind of name/appearance- there are some very odd people around...

Offline Cherry24

• Distinguished Cat
  • Work from home which means 24/7 cat cuddles
  • Slave to: Freya & Gobi
'Werewolf cats'
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 16:19:42 PM »
I apologise if this has already been brought up in the past but I've obviously missed it along the way.
I saw a picture of some unusual looking cats on my Pinterest feed with the caption 'Werewolf cats, a new breed of cat'.

I thought that can't be real so I googled it and to my surprise loads of results like this came up : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3293508/Pet-rifying-Unique-breed-felines-christened-werewolf-cats-feral-appearance-dog-like-mannerisms-surge-popularity-just-time-Halloween.html

From what I gather, these cats are missing hair around their eyes, nose etc and it gives the impression of a werewolf like appearance.
Anyway, you learn something every day.

Link to CatChat