Author Topic: Recommendations for large cat-flap please.  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Recommendations for large cat-flap please.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 21:36:49 PM »
Afraid Lupin is too clever for his own clogs  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This was before he had gone out in his walking jacket many times and he ws sitting outside cos he couldnt get back in cos there is nowhere to hook on outside.

Way back in those days he would go down the garden very slowly and stop when called so even slow me could sneak up and catch him before he got half way..................those days are gone.....sigh. Now its run down the garden right to bottom look at me defiently when he sees me getting close and up and over to freedom and danger outside grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 19:10:16 PM »
Norty Lupin!  :evillaugh:

I'm afraid Alfie isn't bright enough for that, it's taken him a while to get the hang of this new one - I wonder if that is because the 'click' is quieter?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 16:59:26 PM »
Most of flash flaps were too small for Misa and now we cant use one and have had to cove what we had otherwise norty badboy Lupin hooks open the flap from inside!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 15:01:29 PM »
Poor Dom  :(  It's a squeeze for Alf and he is a young fit cat. Might as well get a bigger one as he will need it at some stage. However, Mr Slugsta was not happy with the £60 that this has cost us (that's for magnetic, not microchip). I pointed out that it is blowing a hoolie through the aperture so we need something quickly, therefore we have to suck it up!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 14:19:24 PM »
I wish they would make a dualscan version of the pet door. I need to keep Ingrid inside, but Dom is a huge cat. He might just squeeze through the regular dualscan, but not sure. He struggles to get through a regular flap.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »
Thanks Sue. Mind you, as we currently have a hole in the lounge wall in effect (the cat flap is in a fixed door/window that now lives where a french window used to be) I suspect we will get whatever we can find locally!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 20:26:19 PM »
Absolutely endorse sureflap pet door.  100%.  Roomy and secure.  I should work for Sureflap.  I love their products.  They work.  Pure and simple.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
Recommendations for large cat-flap please.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 20:06:37 PM »
Today I found the cat flap in the middle of the lounge floor. Again. This time it does not seen to be repairable. The real problem is that Alfie finds it something of a squeeze. It's OK if he takes it slowly - first one shoulder, then the other. Repeat with hips  ;D If he hits it at speed - as when escaping from bullycat - he tends to end up wearing it like a tutu  :shify:

If we are going to get a new flap - which we are - we may as well look at getting a larger one. We currently have a PetSafe brand but it really won't matter as the aperture will need to be enlarged anyway. We currently have a magnetic one, I would like a microchip but Mr S says no  :P

Any recommendation please? Anything to avoid?

Link to CatChat