Author Topic: POLO is not just a mint  (Read 10220 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: POLO is not just a mint
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2016, 01:10:11 AM »
Ta chuck  :hug:

If Lady Gaga can go around with meat all over her I think we can do cat hair ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2016, 19:43:50 PM »
That scheme looks great Mary and I really hope it will not be long before you have another feline master in your heart and home.

My friends' currently have 3 cats, one of whom is mainly white. She's a real sweetie who loves to come for attention (she goes almost cross-eyed with pleasure when the base of her spine is scratched) and I never leave the house without a liberal covering of white hairs. None of us would have it any other way!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 19:44:45 PM by Slugsta, Reason: errant apostrophe »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2016, 17:11:59 PM »
I agree too, it hopefully will save time and the vet comes to the RSPCA on Monday and Thursday to give them the all clear.

It's only the EARS animals that adopters have home checks first.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2016, 16:58:19 PM »
TBH Mary, I much prefer the home check first and match up with newbie second arrangement.  Don't know if you recall when I had promised Fred he was coming to live with us and RSPCA had us waiting about 10 days for a home check. 

I went a bit doo lally waiting and turned into some weird monster annoying the manager with telephone calls and letters  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2016, 16:47:08 PM »
Sorry ladies but you won't find the scheme in any of the other RSPCA Rescue Centres. It started in the Halifax Branch just a few weeks before I got Bonnie. In fact Bonnie was about the fifth animal on the scheme and Iwas asked if they could have one of my photos of Bonnie to put on their leaflet.

I've never actually asked if The Scheme is any where else, as it's so successful others might be trying it out.

Fingers crossed I'll have my home check and then a gorgeous, healthy oldie will come in soon.

Mary

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »
You just love to have a cat around running the house and letting you know it is the boss, Mary .  I am the same with Billy.  Not be long before the purrfect pussy turns up. I really thought Polo was on its way to your home.  :hug: :hug:   Look after yourself  :hug:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2016, 22:28:33 PM »
How many do I need to do the entire house!!  :Crazy:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2016, 21:23:03 PM »
Boris is very fluffy and mainly white.  I have two of these brushes and wouldn't be without them.  Think it was Philip who mentioned them sometime ago.........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Magic-Lint-Self-Cleaning-Fluff-Dust-Brush-Pet-Hair-Fabric-Cloth-Dry-Remover-/272064975136?hash=item3f58561120

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2016, 17:56:33 PM »
Great scheme Mary and agree get the home check done now cos for certain there is a cat waiting for you  :hug: :hug:

All my cats have white or light coloured fur and have totally given up with it.  They roll aound and leave it behind and rub against things. As said by soufle the clothes come out of the washer with fur on...........little white blobs are usual!

I have wanted to paint my bathroom door since I came here 11 years ago but have never been able to figure out how to do it without a fur covered door or paint covered cats  :rofl:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2016, 17:37:13 PM »
I'm sorry he didn't come to you Mary but it was meant to be because there is a perfect cat just around the corner with your sticker on it ;)
As for white cats.....oh dear don't you all pity me me with my 2 nearly all white INDOOR cats.  :Crazy: :innocent: :scared:
My house is ....well.... grey and my clothes are just errr....not black or dark coloured  :naughty:
My daughter has just about accepted she will never have cat fur free clothes as they even come out the washer hairy. Och but we love them  :Luv:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2016, 13:13:41 PM »
What a fantastic scheme Mary, I've never heard of that here.

I really hope the perfect cat comes along soon  :hug:

And the white cat hair thing? Put it this way, I have sticky rollers in the kitchen drawer, my glove box and my work desk drawer....and Chesters only partially white! I try to look at it as carrying a little piece of him with me everywhere I go  :rofl:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2016, 12:58:12 PM »
That's a great scheme Mary, I'll have to see if they do the same down here in Kent.

I would still go ahead and have the home check,  I know the checks I've had, had a 6 months date to them, so you could still adopt without having another check within that time  (Battersea dogs and cats home).  Plus if a cat comes up you'll be ready to get the kitty pretty much straight away.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »
all totally fair Mary, hang on in there, one will turn up (although I agree about white cats!!)  ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2016, 10:41:10 AM »
Thanks for all your ideas etc.

I think I'll stick with the EARS cats at RSPCA in Halifax.

If you can remember back to when I got Bonnie from them 7+ years ago, she was an EARS cat. Elderly Animal Re-homing Scheme.

http://www.rspca-halifaxandhuddersfield.org.uk/elderly_animal

There are lots of pluses for the adopter and for the elderly animals.  As I am no longer able to work and don't have the money to adopt a cat in the usual way it's brill for me.

You could say I was extremely lucky with Bonnie but no luck at all with Tisha and Kitty. For that reason I have asked that they let me know when there is a cat available that is 10/11 and healthy.

So, like you have all said, the place in my heart will be filled soon I am sure.  If she or he is white I will have to buy a clothes brush  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2016, 23:47:53 PM »
Although I love torties to pieces I think you need a lapcat from the start but bnoticed with Polo that he also was part ofr some system theynhave for older cats medical care, is this something youy also need Mary?

There are 100s or even 1000s of cats needing homes and it could be that from the Purrs FB page that a relay could be run.

What about and of Sheilas Waltham  sp? Forest cats or from Cat Chat?  Even Coventry Cats.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2016, 22:45:01 PM »
Think positive, white fur is a butter to get off your clothes  :shify: 

Can I second that without causing too much grief Mary?  Honest to God you have no idea how true that is until you have an even partially white feline munster aboot the hoose.......... and you do understan, when I say partial I do not mean number of limbs  :shify: I mean partially white ... you know partially white and partially some other colour.....err not in racial sense either ...... sorta different colour fur?  :-[ :-[   :evillaugh:

Aaw I am so sorry that Polo currently seems out of reach but he is a bit of a corker and not that surprised to hear that somewun uther than thee has taken a shine to that lad Mary  :cuddle:

You will without a shadow of a doubt find a gorgeous feline to share your life before too long  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2016, 22:17:10 PM »
Aw Mary, that's such a shame.  :hug:  Why didn't they tell you straight off that he was reserved before you got your hopes up.  Think positive, white fur is a butter to get off your clothes  :shify:  and there will be another needy cat along soon who is just right for you.  :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2016, 20:12:19 PM »
Is Nottingham too far to travel?  Andrea (RACR rescue) has a 10 year old cutie called Lucy :)

https://www.facebook.com/racr.rescue/

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2016, 20:09:47 PM »
So sorry to hear about Polo Mary  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2016, 18:11:01 PM »
I'm gutted for you, Mary. You must be so disappointed.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2016, 17:10:19 PM »
Oh pooh about Polo.  I do seem to see you with a nice tabby, so maybe the other cat would be the one.  Maybe the kitty will point her/his paw out at you!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2016, 16:24:22 PM »
Must admit I saw Beauty the other day, it was her nose that caught my eye.

I just don't know what to do at the moment I'm so p'd off with them.

Mary

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2016, 15:50:06 PM »
Oh Mary!  :(    I know you were getting your home and heart ready for Polo but I know there are other long-stayers or difficult to home who would be just perfect for you. I just hope it doesn't take too long for you to find each other  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2016, 13:59:05 PM »
Oh mary this is so sad and loved Polo.

I agree with Dawn and npleased you do too.

That Beauty looks like one and doesnt sound or look to me to be pure Bengal whicj would be a blessing in disguise lol...otherwise another Lupin trashing the place!

Is there someone who could take you out to meet the rescues>

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 13:19:40 PM »
How frustrating!

Is their rehoming centre far from you? If its not too inconvenient, I would go and have a look around and chat so they can keep you in mind if they have something that comes in that would suit you both.

Bengal Mary???

http://84.45.212.163/cgi-bin/viewanimaldetails.py?animalid=13945
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Mary hun, please don't take this wrong but don't go for a real oldie, you have been through so much lately you need someone full of life to love you  :hug:

there must be other rescues locally that are worth a look

I see you've posted in between times Mary, but I had been thinking much the same as Dawn.  I think if you could get a companion aged about 7 or 8 it would be lovely, and hopefully give you many happy years together, to make up for the heartache you've had of late.  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »
I know what you mean Dawn, I was ok with Bonnie as she was 10 and I gave her 7 years with me. Tisha and Kitty were both 15 and not so lucky as they were both ill when they came to me.so I wouldn't go above 11 years old.

Mary  :hug:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 11:59:39 AM »
Oh Mary, what a shame!

But there are plently of cats out there who you could give a wonderful home to. I'm sure one of your local rescues has a cat just waiting for you to find it  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »
Mary hun, please don't take this wrong but don't go for a real oldie, you have been through so much lately you need someone full of life to love you  :hug:

there must be other rescues locally that are worth a look

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »
Either him messing about or I've been wondering if the fosterer has done what I did with Bonnie and fell in love and doesn't want to let him go.  I'd like to think that is the case :hug:

I've looked on the site and there are 2 that are 17 and 18 which I don't really want as they will not be expected to be with me long and they are happy with their fosterers so they are ok. One that looks too much like Bonnie.  I'll keep looking and see what they get in.

Mary

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 11:35:23 AM »
I blame the manager
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »
Oh Mary.  That's beyond disappointing, on top of everything else.  I am so sorry.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2016, 10:58:28 AM »
oh Mary don't worry hunnie, cats that need homes are never in short supply  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 10:51:52 AM »
I am fuming.

Had an email this morning to say he is reserved for someone who saw himlast week.

The only reason I am not going to scream and shout is because it will do me no good at all and make me more depressed.

I will just look at the others and see what I think.

Mary  :(

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »
As long as Polo arrives to stay with you , Mary,  a few more days will not matter. He will be soon getting settled into a life of luxury.  :hug: :hug: 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 20:08:10 PM »
I never had a home visit for Tisha and Kitty ;) He was the Manager before I got them so he must just be catching up on the rules now :rofl:  Not had a home visit since I volunteered to be a fosterer and then they gave me Bonnie and 4 days later I was a failed fosterer and adopted Bonnie as you all know  :rofl:

Just have to be patient  :innocent:

Mary

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2016, 19:10:06 PM »
I hope he's home with you soon.

I'd have thought they'd be familiar with your situation and home from your adoption of Kitty and Tisha which was less than a year ago. Does sound a bit jobsworth but hopefully it won't take too long

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 19:00:19 PM »
Here's hoping that the wait will soon be over Mary  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 18:57:56 PM »
and may know the home checker anyway  ;) ;)
[/color]

I used to go with a lot of the new starters that were nervous about going to their first home visit, so it would be funny if it was one of them.

Let's hope the T**T hurrys up

Mary

• Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 17:03:04 PM »
Hope the home visit happens ASAP Mary. Sooner the better so you can give that boy a wonderful home  :hug:

Link to CatChat