Author Topic: Missing Khan The Oriental  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Missing Khan The Oriental
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 21:13:42 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, what a gorgous cat and have you been door knocking in your area in case he has snuch into a house or outbuilding in the bad weather?

Another target is local schools and post man, kids see stuff that others miss and postman would probably notice a strange cat where one isnt usually.

Purrs also has a FB page so a post there would be an idea   https://www.facebook.com/groups/91388455703/?fref=ts

The the link with hints and tips I think also says to register him as lost with the lost cat sites.

Offline ellioange

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Khan the Oriental
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 17:58:25 PM »
Thank you Slugst x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 16:50:44 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, sorry it's under such worrying circumstances  :hug:

There's lots of hints/tips on things you can do to try and find him here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

I know you said you had done facebook posts but is this just on your own wall ie seen by your own friends/family? You could also post as a visitor post to all your local vets/cat rescue facebook pages and ask them to share it (it will then appear on their own page with a huge 'target market' of animal lovers who can also share to their own friends). My area has lots of 'lost or found pets of XX town pages' too so if yours has similar then search for those pages and post on there too, again a huge target audience of animal lovers.

Fingers crossed he's back home soon.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 15:15:44 PM »
Khan is stunning! I'm very glad that he has not come to the attention of the council and sincerely hope he is home soon  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 14:10:58 PM »
Am very relieved on that front.   :hug:

Offline ellioange

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 14:08:40 PM »
We have contacted the local council. They haven't had any reports (thank God)

I didn't think of contacting the media? Thank you so much I think I will email them now

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 13:46:31 PM »
I know how awful it is to have a cat missing in these circumstances, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

It may be worth a call to the local Council to ask if they're aware of any road traffic casualties where they've collected a cat from the roadside  (I'm so sorry, but at least you would know one way or another)

Is Khan microchipped?  You could also try contacting the main missing pet bureauxs as well

http://www.petsbureau.co.uk/lost_pet_services.html

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/

It might also be worth approaching your local newspaper to insert an advert, or if your local television station would run something of an Appeal - given that Khan is a pedigree they may be able to run the story of him being AWOL alongside a public interest message?   Also might be worth contacting local boarding catteries, just in case anyone sights him.

I hope and pray that you'll have news of Khan and, better yet, be reunited.  :hug: :hug:

Offline ellioange

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 13:09:28 PM »
Hi Sue. Yes we have tried everything including Facebook Gumtree pets4homes vets and leaflets which my children posted. We really are out of our minds as he is such a wonderful cat xxxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 13:04:30 PM »
Hello ellioange

Welcome to Purrs.  I'm sorry you're joining us under sad circumstances - I presume (possibly incorrectly) that Khan is yours?  He's an absolute stunner.

You must be frantic to have him back.  Have you tried leafleting in the area, and alerting the local veterinary surgeries and rescues just in case?

Offline ellioange

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 09:26:23 AM »
I'm new to this. Hope I've posted in the correct thread x

Offline ellioange

• Kitten
Missing Khan The Oriental
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 09:24:50 AM »
Missing Khan The Oriental. Beautiful black Oriental male cat. He's been missing since the beginning of January. Winsford Cheshire area but he is known to get into cars and vans. He's a very friendly cat.

Link to CatChat