Author Topic: 2016 Wild Life Camera - Duchess Kate of Cambridge  (Read 4017 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: 2016 Wild Life Camera - Duchess Kate of Cambridge
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 14:14:52 PM »
  Said Rodney rodent and family have managed to out fox the fox feeder and steel food, so I'm going to have to rethink that one.

Now why am I not surprised at that.  You're going to have your work cut out to come up with something they can't master.  Apparently they have very poor eyesight so if you can takesadvantage of that it might keep them away from the food but the foxes might not find it either.  :shify:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 09:58:03 AM »
Mistress Kate has visited for the last two days, she has to stay around more to reduce the rodent population of the garden.  Said Rodney rodent and family have managed to out fox the fox feeder and steel food, so I'm going to have to rethink that one.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 08:26:03 AM »
Kate came last night and figured out the new feeder, even though Fran fox had knocked it off the bucket.

Said feeder now needs to be attached to said bucket with wire, once I've checked the other  pictures to make sure the rodents can't get into it, otherwise it will be hung off a branch or the like to stop the rats getting in there.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 09:21:06 AM »
Our midnight panther visited last night, no doubt drawn by the waft of roast chicken in the air.  Kate had a good munch of said meat and then for the first time ever, sat and cleaned herself.  Later she went into the shed, looked around and then chomped another lot of dry yummies.

Fran the fox did come as well, the little lady has grown a lot. 

They both coped well with the new food basket, I've got the bits for a new feeder coming in a few weeks.  This is just an upturned flower basket with wire wool over the top.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 10:14:20 AM »
Kate payed a visit last night, and ate ravenously, which makes me wonder if she does have a home or not.  Maybe, it's a port of call when she can't catch something in the local fields etc.  She definitely doesn't mind the rain, although by the look of the time stamp she spent a far bit of time in our lean too snoozing.  I did put a trusty cardboard box out there for her to use, and what kitty can resist such a palace.  She doesn't use the cat home I put out there as far as I can tell.

The food was repositioned trying to stop the rodent population finding it, but as soon as Kate left the little critters had watched her and soon worked it out.  Grrrrrrr!  I'm going to have to rig something else up, or does anyone else have a suggestion?

She came back for a snack after the initial munchies:

After having a snooze she left:

If the time stamp (which obviously isn't correct, as well as the date) is running accurately she was in the garden over night based on the hours spent rather then the actual time.  I'm going to have to find the correct cables to correct the date etc.

Fox cub came last night but not tonight, but the dog biscuits left in the front garden were all gone, thus I suspect she got her munchies there.  I wish the both of them would get together and catch the rodent population in the garden.  As Mischa mouse hasn't been spotted for a while I think she's packed her stuff and left, or,  Kate/Fox cub has taken her to the bridge.

PS  If the information on that cat programme is right, Kate is a local kitty who lives with our area, which is pretty good feral wildlife areas with lots of mice, birds, farms etc.  I just worry about her in the cold and wet.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:24:11 AM by Purdy Bear »

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 08:53:32 AM »
Both the fox and Kate came to eat yummies last night, and then headed quickly to the lean to.  I suspect they curl up in there, as it's dry etc.  I'm thinking of moving the camera again to see what is so interesting in there.  There is a carrier with blankee, so it may well be that.

It was extremely windy here last night and will be today, so we may not see them tonight.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »
Well it was a very busy night last night.

Franky came and his a girlie (no sign of external testicals etc), so I'm going to have to think up another name.  I could stick with the F for fox theme, but maybe not.

Kate also came a few times.  It was high winds and rain last night so I can't see her being owned as most pet parents would have kept their kitties in doors in such weather.  She looks like she is smiling in this video, she obviously likes Go Cat!

It seems the two of them are taking turns through out the night. 

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 09:46:53 AM »
Both Flinty and Franky came last night. They found the new height of the feeder to be ideal for both of them, so that worked.  The rats don't seem to look up, and don't even notice that the food is up there.  I wonder if they can actually see it, as it's black against grey!

Anyway Mistress Kate decided to come and have a feed, and settled down to Spring watch for mice and other rodents.  Her TNR  tip to her ear is very visible in this one, so no kittens at least, it also means she is known to the veterinary community round here.  Are domesticated cats ears tipped?  One of my bridge babies had an ear tip done, but she was from a feral community before she came to us.

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/PurdyAngelicBear/media/PICT0011_zpsyt9curhy.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Lastly one of the above has decided to dig holes under the waterfall of our pond.  It matters not as it needs to be replaced, so they are doing me a favour, and I suspect it could be a home for one of the rats. 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 17:02:56 PM »
Fantastic filming  :Luv2:

Only thing I get in my gardens at the moment with all the wind is carrier bags  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 11:26:55 AM »
lovely!  she is looking well isn't she

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »
Well we had a visitor last night but I will keep you waiting for a little bit.  Due to the rat population increasing to 5 in the garden I had to rig up a feeder for Franky and Flinkty foxes so that they didn't get any of it.   Franky took a while to work out where the food was,  due to his age and height, he found he had to readjust the feeder for his use:

Then the camera caught a lovely moment between the rodent family, a lovely kiss with an adult and baby:

Lastly Kate Duchess of Cambridge decided to visit: 

I was very glad she  did visit as I was worried about her, whether she had got through the winter, but looking at her she is doing fine, with a good body weight and thick winter coat.  It may be she is a barn cat that roams, or actually does have a home, what ever, she's doing well on it.

She stayed in the garden for a while after eating, no doubt after the mice and rats.

PS  One thing I did notice was the striping to her tail,  I forget, is that normal for a black cat or do you think she has tabby in her?

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 16:43:10 PM »
He is rather cheeky and gorgeous isn't he. 

Stuart I loved the hedgies, we don't get them here as everywhere has high fencing and no way through, plus no grass.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 15:21:13 PM »
Love Frankie  ;D ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »
Cool  :wow:
wild have to set up my wild cam again - I Usually film my Hedgies coming into my garden but I didn't see one last year  :(
https://youtu.be/z0WMIEhrFf8
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Cherry24

• Distinguished Cat
  • Work from home which means 24/7 cat cuddles
  • Slave to: Freya & Gobi
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 17:23:47 PM »
What a cheeky face :)

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 09:46:17 AM »
A certain Frankie showed his face yesterday when I put the food out during daylight:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 13:09:10 PM »
Gill,  I agree, I hope it stays as I've got a lot of stuff on there.

Frankie it is then for the fox cub.

One fox  came to visit last night, it seems his rather partial to over ripe pears:

His also found a nice place to rat/mouse from inside the shed.  It's the very reason we have a short door, so no local moggies can get shut in:

Lastly Rodney decided to do a selfie:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 17:45:22 PM »
Fred!
Foxy, Filip, Ferdinand, Frankie

photibucket only win 10................thats just plain crazy and all my bridge stuff is on their, hope itstays!

Offline Cherry24

• Distinguished Cat
  • Work from home which means 24/7 cat cuddles
  • Slave to: Freya & Gobi
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »
Brilliant pics :) We filmed a hedgehog every night last year, nothing else though apart from cats.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 12:04:24 PM »
Last night we had many visitors, Mischa turned up, as did the rat,  Flinty and now the fox cub , sadly no Duchess Kate, she only visited about once a week so hopefully we will see her now it's a bit warmer.  I suspect she does have a home where it's warm as I never see her when it's very cold or raining.

Sorry I can't provide the pictures, photobucket, in their infinite wisdom, have made their system windows 10 compatible so it totally messes up windows 8.  I'm having a hard job uploading anything these days.  As I'm on a small memory laptop, I've found 10 wont fit in the memory.

Saying that I went onto my album and there were the photos that wouldn't upload :Crazy:

Here's the rat

Mischa mouse

Fox Cub -  I need a name beginning with F:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 13:03:27 PM by Purdy Bear »

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 22:35:03 PM »

Great pics  ;D ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 16:01:16 PM »
Brilliant pics and love the fox  ;D ;D

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
2016 Wild Life Camera - Duchess Kate of Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 14:51:47 PM »
I decided to put the wildlife camera out in the back garden again, as the huge amount of food I put out was disappearing very quickly.

At first there was no sign of anything accept the visiting Robin, Wren, etc, but then Flinty Fox turned up.  It looks like his partial to porridge oats:

Then Mischa mouse seems to have gone being replaced by Rodney and Ruth Rat:

Lastly I rather foxy looking animal, rather cat sized so it could be Kate or maybe a cub  (Flinty is fully grown and this one is half the size).  Kate is a jet black moggy who roams about, others have said she is quiet ill tempered but I've never seen that from her:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 15:13:52 PM by Purdy Bear »

Link to CatChat