Author Topic: How often do your cats poo?  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: How often do your cats poo?
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 19:22:51 PM »
Well today I was home a bit later and had lovely Kito greetings so thought he wasn't going to do it today. Then I started getting their tea and Kito disappeared to one tray to do a wee and then came running into the kitchen. After a few seconds he disappeared again this time to the other tray for a poo. As tea was almost ready he rushed things and came racing back. I gave him his food and then noticed he'd shifted position and left poo on the floor. I cleaned that up and let him finish eating before a thorough examination when I found a Klingon hanging. He'd only gone and sat on it hence the yucky poo on the floor. I managed to pull it off and he's had a wash. Let that be a lesson to you, Kito! You can't rush a poo!  If you're going to go when food is about to be served you have to accept Mosi may get a head start.

Funny thing is Mosi used to do this but less so now.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 14:45:24 PM »
It's because they can literally and metaphorically "let go" when you arrive home, Susanne. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 19:39:58 PM »
One of them did a poo seconds before my ocado delivery on Saturday. In the tray near the door   :shify:

Both Mosi and Kito tend to use the tray when I arrive home like a sort of greeting  :shify: Kito in particular and sometimes he will use 1 tray then run past me to use the other one. Today they decided to go for synchronised pooing - Kito used the bathroom tray while Mosi used the living room one at the same time. Nothing says welcome home like the smell of poo  :sick:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »
once a day usually for my 3 and have same probs with timing as others  :sick: :sick:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 09:35:23 AM »
I think Mosi is determined to keep me guessing when it comes to his poo!  :shify:

On Thursday he went 3 times approx 8 hours apart (early in the morning, teatime then 1.30am friday morning).  The next time he went was about 6.30pm lasat night so more than 12 hours gap and he's not been again since.  Same food throughout.  I need to stop thinking about poo so much!  I think I'm getting a bit anal about it  ;)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 17:07:22 PM »
No sooner had I posted this than Mosi went 24 hours without a poo.  He's generally about twice a day but it varies - they both did a poo yesterday teatime/early evening but no more poo until just now, lol.  With Mosi it can't depend on food as he's been on the same thing for a couple of weeks now.  Oh well, whenever they go I think things are normal with both of them.  What they eat may have some effect.  They both get good quality, grain free wet food although Mosi is still on the RC GI dry food. 

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »
Mine go once a day, sometimes less often depedning if they have had more dry food than wet.

Cash can be relied upon to perform about 5 minutes after I come in from work following a few minutes dashing around excitedly.  I am sure he thinks this is a lovely welcome home. It isn't  :sick:

Jo X

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 10:52:42 AM »
Would be interesting to find out if what they eat effects how many times they go.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 22:06:30 PM »
No idea about Alf as he goes outside. Cleo goes once most days, sometimes a little less. Her offerings are quite firm and dry with almost no smell now that she is on raw food, rather less pleasant on tinned or dried!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 21:25:37 PM »
Anywhere from 24 hours to 36 hours for Sky.  Robbie is unknown :)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 21:31:49 PM »
I have a pretty god idea as mine go in the flower beds so I still have to lift it! Emo once a day, Bob twice and Pippa three times, but I expect that to decrease as she gets older, Bob used to poo after every meal, now down to twice a day. I live in hope. I put down two wet meals and a big bowl of dry for each of them every day.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 19:02:02 PM »
Once a day for my two.  :shify:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 16:40:26 PM »
I think twice a day is fine.

I think quality is more important than frequency....  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

They especially like to go when the litter has just been changed or when visitors are just arriving  :rofl:

That sounds about right!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 13:26:52 PM »
My two go twice a day, morning and night.
They especially like to go when the litter has just been changed or when visitors are just arriving  :rofl:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:42:05 AM »
No idea about Moray, as he goes out, but as for the gurlcats, they poo around twice a day, and wee around half a dozen times a day if the litter tray is anything to go by.   :shify: :evillaugh:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 21:28:19 PM »
My cat Tabby (21 this year!!) normally only goes once a day - she always holds onto her poo until I am in bed and just about to fall asleep when she jumps off my bed and I hear "scrabble scrabble parp!! plop! :rofl: and then a few minutes the waft hits me and I have to get out of my nice warm bed to scoop it into a plastic bag.  She lives in my bedroom as too arthritic to get up and down stairs and being an ex feral cat does not tolerate my other 2 cats. :naughty:

That's exactly what Astrophe and Zoonie do  :rofl:

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 21:20:08 PM »
My cat Tabby (21 this year!!) normally only goes once a day - she always holds onto her poo until I am in bed and just about to fall asleep when she jumps off my bed and I hear "scrabble scrabble parp!! plop! :rofl: and then a few minutes the waft hits me and I have to get out of my nice warm bed to scoop it into a plastic bag.  She lives in my bedroom as too arthritic to get up and down stairs and being an ex feral cat does not tolerate my other 2 cats. :naughty:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 19:33:29 PM »

Here we are again, poo!  :rofl:

Astro and the Loon poo once a day. Stealth poos' now. Non smelly or not as smelly as they are eating more dry food than wet.

They pee about 3 times a day  ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
How often do your cats poo?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 16:47:57 PM »
Well it's been a while since we've had a proper chat about poo...  :rofl:

Both Mosi and Kito seem to poo approx twice a day - in the morning and in the evening.  I think Jaffa was pretty much the same.  I thought that was normal until I read elsewhere that more than once a day indicated a possible problem or poor diet.  I do suspect that, like humans, what is normal can vary from cat to cat and the time to be worried is when things change from what is normal for that cat.  However, would be interested to know how often your little darlings do their business  :shify:  Those whose furries prefer to brave the outdoors to do their business may not be able to answer but for those with indoor cats or those who like to use a tray for their toilet needs - how often?

Link to CatChat