Author Topic: High sided large litter tray?  (Read 6842 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: High sided large litter tray?
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 08:18:23 AM »
Sounds like I've been lucky to get my order and get the right thing with all pieces!

Offline Thethreeofus

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Cookie, April and new boy Ike
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 07:04:42 AM »
At least you got yours then Susanne, I ordered fthe Purrfect one from pet planet and only the tray section arrived  >:(. I phoned and cancelled my order. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 19:07:27 PM »
Tray has arrived.  I'd say they've been a bit out with the measurements.  I've got the tape measure out and it isn't 25cm high at the sides.  It's probably about 23.5 which might sound like splitting hairs but given I could really do with it being more than 25cm I'm a bit peeved.  Still, I'll give it a go as it is higher around the front than the existing one so it might just keep the litter contained.  The other dimensions are obviously refer to the outside of the tray, including rims etc. so the inside is a fair bit smaller than I was expecting.  I am a little disappointed with it tbh and am a bit reluctant to swap the bath sized tray they currently have, and are happy with, for this one.  But it's still a good sized tray so I think I will try it.  Besides, doing a return would probably be more trouble than it's worth.  I've put it in a cupboard for now and will get it out at the weekend to swap over.

It's also cream not beige but I was expecting that as I'd read in reviews it was more cream but I'm happy with that colour. 

sigh - started this post some time ago then Kito disconnected my wireless broadband.  I'm never having a laptop again.  cats and laptops is just not a good combination. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »
My Hermes have been good here and have left things in safe places and redeliver

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 08:58:01 AM »
Had an email that it's being delivered by Hermes.  Never had anything by them before.  I've also ordered something else which is coming Hermes so could be a baptism by fire

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 20:32:08 PM »
Cleo likes to play sandcastles with her litter!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 19:59:30 PM »
Lupin is a sprayer over the back, i wish it was only litter as the problem!

I am grateful that it's only litter.  Hard to be grateful today when I got home from work and found the bathroom floor covered in litter but at least it was clean litter that's easily swept up.  I have a small dustpan and brush that I keep in the bathroom and it's never had all that much use but since Kito has been here it's been working overtime!

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 19:35:16 PM »
Gill 2 of my boys are like yours (apprentice paint sprayers ) I bought the trays Mark recommended, had them a couple of weeks now and they are really good

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 17:45:00 PM »
I will be interested to know how the tray goes, Lupin is a sprayer over the back, i wish it was only litter as the problem!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 17:58:58 PM »
Hoping for no problems and a smooth delivery!  The latter is unlikely given that it's parcelforce but if I am out when it comes I am hoping to be able to arrange re-delivery to work.  I'm always hesitant to do that as I'm never sure where it will end up - will they get to the right building, will they go to the main reception so that I can go out for it or will it end up in the post room..... 

Not sure how a litter tray will be packaged.  Anyone bought a litter tray from pet planet?

Got one from zooplus. It came in a box big enough for 10

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 17:57:28 PM »
Hoping for no problems and a smooth delivery!  The latter is unlikely given that it's parcelforce but if I am out when it comes I am hoping to be able to arrange re-delivery to work.  I'm always hesitant to do that as I'm never sure where it will end up - will they get to the right building, will they go to the main reception so that I can go out for it or will it end up in the post room..... 

Not sure how a litter tray will be packaged.  Anyone bought a litter tray from pet planet?

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 17:25:02 PM »

I had problems with pet planet but they did resolve them quickly and without drama.  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 16:29:02 PM »
I've purchased this one

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=5933&pf_id=62182

Not feeling confident about the fact that parcelforce is the courier, or indeed about petplant themselves, and fear this may turn into a saga but let's hope not and that I get it delivered without too much drama.

It's about the right size and I'm not sure whether the sides will be high enough but I feel it's a good starting point as they shouldn't be too high to make it feel like an enclosed tray when they are used to open trays.  If Kito still kicks litter all over the place I may need to rethink.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 21:49:29 PM »
I have this one and it is fab and a good price too. The box it comes in also makes a great toy that Callie & Monty still use. I took the flap off their one and have the door open.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Jumbo-Hooded-Cat-Pan/dp/B0057XF6U4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452030478&sr=8-2&keywords=cat+litter+tray+large

Sorry it is hooded but the whole top does flip back if you wanted to open that up
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 21:55:26 PM by souffle »
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Thethreeofus

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 19:15:23 PM »
I have ordered one of the XL Purrshire Anti bac trays cherry mentioned.  Ike is a kicker actually he is a scooper, as he gets out and drags the litter towards himself. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »
I got one from Jolleyes,

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 08:41:03 AM »
The second link that Cherry posted looks like the sort of thing I want but unfortunately seems to have been discontinued  :(  Don't suppose anyone knows of a similar one or somewhere else that is still selling it?  I think that is probably about the height I want around the back and sides - not so high that they can't see over the top and feel too enclosed.

I could make one - I have a large storage box in the bathroom cut down at the front because Jaffa used to pee standing up sometimes.  But I had to get someone else to do it so it's not a straight forward option.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 01:18:55 AM »
Happy New Year Gill   ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 00:36:24 AM »
Thanks Mark will have a closer look over weekend  ;D

Happy New Year  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 22:33:58 PM »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 18:55:25 PM »
£88 for a litter tray??  :Crazy: I sincerely hope that is a mistake, otherwise it must be lined with gold.

No I dont think so and with P&P it will be £100! Coming from the States and must be a real joker!

Offline Thethreeofus

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 18:25:39 PM »
£88 for a litter tray??  :Crazy: I sincerely hope that is a mistake, otherwise it must be lined with gold.

That's Amazon for you, check the link in Mark's post

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 16:15:27 PM »

Offline Thethreeofus

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 14:15:42 PM »
This is a box I got when I picked Cookie up, she had no problems getting in and out

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 13:40:45 PM »
Hiya

Just a suggestion, but if you can't get what you're looking for, how about sitting your litter tray in a toy box with the front taken off and a puppy pad at the back and under neath the litter tray. A wee hacksaw would saw the front off a plastic box no bother. Easy wiped and high sided too.  ;D

If I knew of one big enough to take my giant tray and one that was 12 inches high I am all ears cos then I could put my carpet tiles down in kitchen without any problems!

Well I think 12 inches would be high enough but 14 better  :innocent:

Offline Thethreeofus

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
I have 3 of the giant Van Ness high sided trays, but Ike still scoops some litter over the lower front.  The tray is sat on a mat so I just brush the excess up. 

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 03:15:26 AM »
Hiya

Just a suggestion, but if you can't get what you're looking for, how about sitting your litter tray in a toy box with the front taken off and a puppy pad at the back and under neath the litter tray. A wee hacksaw would saw the front off a plastic box no bother. Easy wiped and high sided too.  ;D
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 00:45:35 AM »
Just measured the height of back of mine and is 10 inches grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so higher and Lupin still sprays over the top  :(s

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 23:47:04 PM »
They really are great Gill. I bought ours when I adopted Lazarus, so it is about 7 years old. The base doesn't seem to get scratched as some do. I have some lower ones as Alice wouldn't have been able  to climb into the high-sided one easily. I plan to replace them all with the Van Ness ones. They are either listed as Giant or Jumbo size (it also comes in a smaller version they call large) They are USA made.

I haven't seen one, but apparently these are like a baby bath! http://cat-litter-trays.co.uk/Smartcat-Ultimate-Cat-Litter-Tray

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:14:23 AM by Mark »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 22:49:53 PM »
Thats an interesting one Mark, not seen that before and must measure against my current ones  ;D ;D

If I can just get a bqack that HRH Lupin cannot spray over the top  :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 18:18:50 PM »
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/large-front-opening-hooded-toilet-445102?_$ja=tsid:49590|cid:475846096|agid:25748314336|tid:pla-146047023856|crid:101246383096|nw:g|rnd:13037227337945510603|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Also available from Argos I have three of these a Elsa sends rivers of pee out backwards and we have several deep diggers, the top opens up so 2/3 of the tray is accessible from the top. Even if you leave the top off completely the back edge is 8 in high.

A FB friend found satisfaction from cutting a hole in a high sided plastic storage box and putting her normal litter tray inside the box, which cut down the amount of "scrapage" considerably

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 17:31:39 PM »
I have one sold was sold by petplanet but cheaper on amazon with no delivery probs, its great except Lupin still sprays over the back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr but its big enough for Misa to sit in across. Lupin stands up right at back and just hits above or on top of the back..............if he stayed at front woud be no problem......monster!  Its a birman thing.

Will see if I can find the link

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_review.asp?dept_id=5934&pf_id=62802

but as usual its not in order but found in amazon...............have two of them and could do with another, doesnt seem to give dimensions but can measure mine if you are interested. 25"x18.5"x10.5" say Amazon but want £87  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Cat-The-Ultimate-Litter/dp/B0026MSVF6

Offline Cherry24

• Distinguished Cat
  • Work from home which means 24/7 cat cuddles
  • Slave to: Freya & Gobi
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 14:15:35 PM »
Found two examples on Pet Planet. The first one is extra large and the second one looks like it has higher sides..

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=5933&pf_id=62182
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=5934&pf_id=60789

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 13:25:32 PM »
We have these and they are good for all sizes of cat

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/litter_tray_cat_toilet/328076?rrec=true

I have one of those. The high back stops the bad aimers peeing out the back :evillaugh: You still get litter over the front though. Astrophe and the Loon scratch forever and when they are done with the litter they start on the floor

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 11:26:59 AM »
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
High sided large litter tray?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
Anyone know where I can buy a high sided, large litter tray?  By high sided I mean almost like a covered tray but without the top.  I don't want a covered tray for a variety of reasons but Kito kicks litter all over the place so I'd like one with sides as high as possible but so that they can still see out over the top.  It also needs to be large size (current ones are "jumbo"  ;)).  I may need to make one but would be easier to buy one.  Anyone seen anything like this?

Link to CatChat