Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: lumps
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 18:58:53 PM »
Well done weather and so pleased he came back quickly  ;D

I didnt give in with Kocka, well I did really.  She ran for the tiny top window in the bathroom and was half way out when I caught her!

So thought I would let her out in half of my very small garden but before I could even think she was gone, jumped the fence.................sigh.

Luckily she came back quite quickly!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 21:00:39 PM »
I survived less than 24 hours of having him inside - glad I'm not the only one who gives in!!!

Kept him in last night, very much against his will but I knew that if he wasn't feeling well he would go to ground and wouldn't come back.  This morning he was much brighter and went out for 15 minutes and has done the same again tonight - helped very much by cold and wet weather.  Rest of the time he is sleeping :)

He can get to the wound and does wash near it but doesn't pull at his stitches.  He was sent home without any medication so have given him a little metacam just to make sure he isn't in too much pain - he certainly has eaten better today after he had it.

Not quite back to normal - he is ignoring Sky instead of tormenting her.  She doesn't know what to make of him ignoring her!!!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 20:24:54 PM »
Glad to hear that Robbie is home and doing well  ;D

Reminds me of when my Chivvy had a lump removed from his back/shoulder and had some teeth removed too. He came home with instructions to be kept in for 48 hours, soft food only but hadn't been put in a Come of Shame as he had only 3 legs so unlikely to balance enough to lick wound. Within minutes he had barged his way through the locked cat flap, nicked his sistas biscuits, legged it down the garden where he lay down and licked his wound!  :rofl: I'm afraid he was rather spoiled, my little tripod who could do no wrong...

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »
Glad Robbie is home and hope he is bright and alert today.  Your Robbie reminds me of our Gandolf who passed away in 2006.  We brought him home from RSPCA with the intention of keeping him in for a few weeks.  He was trying to climb the windows within minutes and scared the beejayzuz out of us  :shocked:  To my shame we let him out after 2 hours  :-[  Thankfully he didn't wander off  :phew: 

I very much hope Robbie doesn't start interfering with his stitches but, given that they are presumably under his armpit, he may hopefully have difficulty getting at them?  Certainly he will have to stay in if you have to put a collar on him.

It's great that he has had a thorough check and teeth clean etc.  Fingers crossed he recovers well  :care:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 20:38:10 PM »
So pleased he is Ok and back at home  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 19:51:03 PM »
Back home and grumpy.  I've been told he has to stay in for 10 days.....not blinking likely - 2 hours and he's climbing the walls to get out.   Compromised on 2 days but it may go down to 1.  Definitely not out tonight as he is groggy but if he's okay tomorrow I may let him.

Good news, got a clean bill of health - did blood tests and all perfect, lump removed and they think it's a cyst (given that his bloods are all good) so aren't analysing it. He's also had some tartar cleaned off his teeth and a root removed from a broken one.

He's very sorry for himself - comes over for a quick snuggle and then wanders to the door to get out.  Got to go back on Tuesday to have his stitches checked and if they are fine I presume he will be given the all clear :)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 10:44:29 AM »
Thanks :) I had help with him so he wouldn't have been loose in car.  As it was the harness I bought didn't fit round his belly :D  He was good as gold in the carrier though - no pooing or peeing just very stresssed!

Had to leave him there - the vet shaved him and looked at it properly and said it was better off him than on him  - didn't say what he thought it was and if it was a fatty deposit I'm sure he would have left it.  So he's having a removal and teeth cleaning whilst under anaesthetic! 

Hopefully will be back and in one piece later today. 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 16:09:47 PM »
SEnding loads of good wishes for vets, I know Kocka was far better loose but if there is just you and you are driving too much risk I think. If I was closer would come and help...............why cant we have a tardis!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »
I think I recall correctly that vet said usually nowt to worry about if it's not attached i.e. can move it around.  Tom and Gandolf had such lumps.  Fatty deposits which, whilst they can be uncomfortable, were not a big problem.  I too would confine him to the carrier especially if he is likely to toilet on the journey  :-:  Best of luck  :hug:

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 23:43:10 PM »
best to get the lump checked out. Bit iffy driving a car with a loose cat inside on a harness. I would give him a few drops of rescue remedy and leave him in his basket. :)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 20:06:11 PM »
Booked him in for Friday as I'm pretty sure it's growing. Think it has grown about 50% in a month. Even if it hasn't I really want it checking out to set my mind at rest.  Going to see about buying him a harness for whilst he is in car to see if he is calmer out of the carrier.  He really does have a policy of "everything inside must come out" when he goes on a car journey.......

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 21:22:54 PM »
I'm paranoid about it! I'm convinced it's getting bigger - but sometimes I can't find it.

It's only his absolute terror at the vets that is stopping me taking him.

Checking it several times a day and he will be taken if I think it's getting bigger.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 16:58:33 PM »
One of my cats had a lump at the base is her tail on her back. I was worried so asked the vet. He said if it gets bigger we should consider getting it removed. It did get bigger but we decided against the operation as the cat was very nervous and about 11 I think. I remember the vet said dogs get lots of lumps but they are much rarer in cats. She died at 19 nothing to do with the lump.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 14:44:32 PM »
Sasa has quite a large one on her tummy and was looked at during health check 2 or 3 years ago and vet said nothing to worry about. Like you found it when stroking and doesnt bother her and no bigger now.

Maybe have checked when having boosters unless it starts growing and /or starts causing Robbie a problem.

Most likely to be a cyst I think.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 19:47:45 PM »
With lumps I think the 'formula' is if it has been there for a month or more and/or is the size of a pea then it's best to get it checked out. I definitely think it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to lumps  :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
lumps
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 17:51:54 PM »
Anyone any experience of lumps on cats?

Robbie has a tiny lump in his armpit area of his front leg. Doesn't bother him at all - it bothers me more than him. Can't see it but felt it when stroking him today (have felt it before but only when he is in a certain position - normally you can't feel it which is why I've not thought anything about it before). I'm more concerned today that I felt it when stroking him which is the first time.  It's not a cat fight sort of lump I don't think as doesn't have a scabby bit.

My plan is to keep an eye on it and see if it seems to either move or get bigger but I'm not sure that is the right thing to do - he hyperventilates when going to the vet and poos everywhere which isn't something I really want to put him through if I don't have to.

Link to CatChat