Author Topic: Special Friends  (Read 5244 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Special Friends
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 20:34:41 PM »
I've only just seen this too, I am so behind with threads these last few months.

I did read about Indie elsewhere though and PMd you as you know.

I amso glad loads of you have echoed what I said to Katie in my PMs  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »
Katie! I'm only just seeing this thread now after a really busy weekend. You've had me almost blubbing at my desk, what are you like girl?!  :hug:

I too can't imagine not having the support of my purrs peeps and I fretted about you leaving all through the weekend. I'm actually quite glad I missed this now as I would've bombarded you with messages pleading with you to stay.  ;)

I'm so glad the support on here has helped and that you have such a wonderful Mrs by your side.

And, know what? I agree with Sue, your furbaby is out there just waiting and before long you'll be a full on, exhausted, besotted kitten mummy, watching your house descend into chaos and obsessing over poop just like me. Your happy ending is on it's way lovely. I can feel it in my bones  :hug:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 17:50:12 PM »
There are definitely a cat or cats out there just waiting for Katie.    :Luv:

I agree  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 17:48:23 PM »
There are definitely a cat or cats out there just waiting for Katie.    :Luv:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 17:25:07 PM »
I'm so glad you have decided to stay Katie  :hug: 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 09:02:12 AM »
let you heart lead you Katie, I'm sure someone out there needs you very badly just like little indie did - I hope you will stay we would miss you very much

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 01:39:38 AM »
Glad you will stay and lurk, Katie.  Although I hope there's more of the staying and less of the lurking.  After all, where else can you have conversations about poo?  ;D

A new cat will find you eventually when the time is right.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 23:28:31 PM »
I promise to stay and 'lurk' and get my fix of The Purrs A Team Soap, I'm sure we would have high viewer numbers!

So very pleased to read this and hope you will also post  :shify: :shify:

An ATeam Soap.................now that opens my imagination LOL

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 21:54:57 PM »
Well...I was going to post a past history story of how I felt when my previous cat before I got Winnie....but I don't think I need to now as you've promised to stay....and I am really pleased to read that.

You're right though, since I came on here in August a few days before I picked up Winnie, I have really felt very warmly welcomed by pretty much everyone on here...and then I started reading some of the posts in the A-team thread about 2 weeks ago and the amount of support and advice (and chivvying lol) I've had from people on here has been amazing. I've never known a forum like Purrs and I am so, so, so glad that I found Purrs just before I got Winnie....and I'm definitely not leaving ever...so you've got a lifelong member here guys lol.

If you want to talk privately to me though...just either send me a PM or I will send you my e-mail address.

Winnie loved her huggle from you

Much love and cuddles

:hug: :hug: :Luv: :Luv:

Julz xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 21:44:01 PM »
Well snap Julz, that's me howling........again. I am very moved by your post and all those of my other purrs friends. Thank you all so much.

I promise to stay and 'lurk' and get my fix of The Purrs A Team Soap, I'm sure we would have high viewer numbers!

Give Winnie a big huggle for me,

Katie x
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 21:32:10 PM »
Katie, I agree wholeheartedly that maintaining your presence on here will keep you going. Vicarious kitty involvement is definitely better than nothing. I am also a believer in fate and that there's a purpose that isn't always immediately clear. You know in yourself that your health is crucial and yes, we crazy folk on here will at least give you a few moments of mirth/escapism/a bloody good laugh every day. Sometimes those moments can be the best tonic ever. Not to mention that there's a wealth of company on here with mental health issues, not necessarily bipolar, but definitely depression, anxiety (my personal favourite  :censored: ) and other various afflictions. Being in your own world can often seem like a good idea, but unfortunately, it rarely is.
Big love. Take as good care of you as you did of baby Indie. Xxx
Bronagh
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 21:26:13 PM »
I think it was Dave D who said dont let anyone bully you over cats and that is so right.

Like Sue and Jen I cannot operate without a cat and I was a cat hater! One day a little grey cat walked into my garden and I did all the stuff that scared away other cats, but not this one,

She made up her mind that she wasnt going anywhere and there is a whole long story but just to say she stayed and taught me all about cats, she was called Kocka, czech for cat and pronounced Ko-chka.

I sadly lost her 6 months after moving here aged 20yrs and within 24hrs I had emailed CP and thanks to their help I had Misa and Sasa exactly 7 days later.

I am not advocating that you do things this fast as everyone takes different times to grieve and/or feel the need.............I felt the need, grieving for me takes a long time.

The first fur I touched at CP was just heaven and many of the cats including Misa had been abused and were terrified.

However we have all been where you are now and I saw in your posts the love you had for Indie and the desperation when you could not lever her free...............we are a support group of friends that came together after someone asked for help because she was scared.

Over the last 8/9 years we understand so much and we would love to see you stay in our fold....................as you know we chat on and on and on.................many of us have other problems too but all of this keeps us together despite our distant locations.

Definately wait and see if Indie guides someone to your door or guides you to anther needy kitten, I believe in fate and so many have found their cats like this, me included.

When you have been chosen by a cat its a wonderful feeling  ;D This happens in rescues too!

Oh well I said Sue says things better than me but so hope you will reconsider leaving our little band.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 21:21:35 PM »
Katie,  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 20:56:42 PM »
Katie - I'm in tears reading your post. Please, please, please don't leave us. You've strongly become part of the A-team crew and we would miss you so much if you go. Who else will chivvy me back into studying...apart from Gill and Sue lol. It's really great that your partner is caring for you. I know you said that your family are ganging up against you into getting another cat/kitten...and of course I don't know how you felt on a day to day basis before Indie came into your life...but I know how much love and excitement your posts have been with "Indie's Adventures" even before Indie came home to stay with you.

Slowly but surely I'm sure you'll feel better and you (and us here at Purrs) will always have a special place in your (and our) hearts and just remember the utter cuteness and sweetness of Indie...she was in very special, kind and loving arms when she stepped on the Rainbow Bridge...and Indie will never forget that.

You have us here at Purrs...and your lovely partner and friends at home as well.

Sending special hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: from myself...and loads of purrs and licks from Winnie.

Julz xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 20:31:17 PM »
The need for the purr, the stroking of soft fur and just not being on your own may send a special little soul your way, that's how I ended up with Nutmeg she paired up with Izzy when she went on holiday and she will never replace Sundae but is a nortie tortie who has brightened the darkness we have had in our world this year

Just a thought but try a rescue they kitten will come vetted and have had all the necessary things done so you should gain peace of mind if that's the road you travel x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 20:22:09 PM »
It may sound dramatic, but without cats I'm a damaged soul without direction or purpose, such is the importance they have for me.    :hug: 

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 20:16:16 PM »
Life leads you in odd directions, we planned to wait before getting any more cats, at least a year. It turns out I don't cope so well without them  :shy: so we met Billy and Zarny and haven't looked back. Without cats I am a completely different person (so I have been told), so I am great believer in doing what feels right for you.

Huge  :hug: your way, I was telling Zarny all about Indie this morning  :hug:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 19:34:49 PM »
Thank you everyone.

I've just been telling Andrew that my family are ganging up against me to get another cat straight away.

They of course are concerned about my health and think I may have a further nose dive as I've lost my focus, my little friend.

They have a point so I'm going to have a wee look round and see what comes up. I'm a great believer in fate.

Will keep in touch

Katie x

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 18:05:57 PM »
Katie.  A truly beautiful and heartfelt post, but please stay?  You've so swiftly become one of us, and I know I speak for more than just myself when I say we count you "friend". 

To lose you too is immeasurably sad.    :(

Thirded

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 17:54:30 PM »
Katie.  A truly beautiful and heartfelt post, but please stay?  You've so swiftly become one of us, and I know I speak for more than just myself when I say we count you "friend". 

Seconded

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 17:51:56 PM »

Sue can always say things better tham me and none of us want you too go

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 17:49:42 PM »

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 17:42:18 PM »
You don't have to have a kitty to stay, I don't have a cat and thoroughly enjoy getting my feline broodiness and strong withdrawal symptoms fixed here.  I'm sure once your ready another little furbee will find their way to your door.    :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 17:41:49 PM »
Oh Katie, we all feel he loss of Indie and we don't want to lose you too.  I hope you can work your way through this dreadful time in your life and come out the other side smiling in the not too distant future. :hug:  Like Andrew, I hope that one day you will feel able to open your heart and your home to another needy kitty, but even if you don't you will always be welcome on Purrs.  :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 17:25:18 PM »

I will try and take some decent photo's but you better be here to see them and tell me where I'm going wrong, otherwise I'll send the Hoolies to find you  :evillaugh:
I suppose asking you to stay won't work so I wish you well and hope that one day you will find a space for another moggy who needs you.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 17:17:21 PM »
Thank you Katie for that lovely post  :hug:

You can come and chat with us anytime you want, having a cat isnt necessary but of course it helps.  ;)

Indie was just the most gorgeous kitten and it hurts me so much she is gone  :(

Please pop in on Christmas Eve if you can, two special one offs happen.

One will be posted at midnight 23/24 Dec and the other a couple of days earlier and both stickied at the top of general cat chat.

I am so pleased your other half is looking after you and hope your health gets stabalized soon.

Take loads of care

Gill

• Senior Cat
Special Friends
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 17:01:12 PM »
You lot just don't know how special you are. You welcome me when I'm weeks away from getting a kitten, give me support through that difficult time and include me ever since like a friend you've known for years.

We can't see through our computer screens, only imagine every person, every home, every cat.
Well I have been more or less living in my bed in my little fishermans cottage, attached to my iPad. I've been fighting another spell of bipolar depression for weeks. My OH pops in food and drink like feeding a wee bird and then generally scoots out to work. She is an absolute diamond.

But you guys, yes, you, the ones with all the cats and the banter, the ones that have kept me going day after day. I can't thank you enough. Thank you for giving me hope that tiny Indie was was going to be all right, even in our heart of hearts we knew something wasn't. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. God my heart aches today. I miss the pattering feet of the teenie kitten I tripped over almost every day, I miss her sitting neatly on her tiny bottom waiting for her food and then eating it like a ravenous lion. I miss her nuzzling my head and purring in my ear just waiting for me to lift the duvet for her to snuggle in. I just miss her.

I'm going to miss you guys and will have to pop back in for an update. To make sure Moray is fully recovered and Malt and Barley have settled down. To see if poor Nic is still checking the litter tray and that Chester and Beau haven't completely trashed the kitchen! To see if Andrew is taking any decent photos yet and to remember to use his flash. To Rosella, Alison and Dawn, best wishes to your mums and I hope it all works out, they are such a worry. To Julz, get back to those study books! To Gill, thank you for always being there, do you ever sleep? Allison, grab that parachute with both hands and jump, the freedom is immense. Paula, I hope your surgery is successful, love to Pippa too. This is getting a bit like the Oscars, thanking everyone and their aunt but it's almost impossible. If I haven't mentioned you I'm sorry.
One person, who I don't know very well, but would like to give a big virtual hug to, is Julie. It just puts things into perspective. Julie, you go girl, fight the fight and I'll pop in to see you at Purrs at the other side when you've kicked cancers butt. There's one thing for certain, you have very good friends here waiting for you.

:hug:  Thanks everybody I appreciate your friendship and support. :hug:

Love Katie x

Link to CatChat