Author Topic: Rearranging the furniture  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
Re: Rearranging the furniture
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 06:13:44 AM »
Cats learn very fast when they want but they like you to know their noses have been severely put out of place lol

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 05:35:15 AM »
The things we do for our cats!  :rofl:

I have one of those corner cat litter trays which has lived in the bathroom for some years now. Recently I replaced it with a tall corner cupboard for storing things like toilet paper etc. The corner litter tray went where the water bottle used to be and the water bottle moved to another location as well. Esther still comes into the bathroom when I am sitting on the loo and looks at me meaningfully as she sniffs the corner cupboard. I am sure she was a lot happier when the loo paper bag was in the bath and the spare soap/toothbrushes etc were in a box at the end of the bath.

They are going to have many upheavals in the next few months however as, once a shed is built, the entire house will get re-arranged to be a home rather than a storage shed. I expect we will survive.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 07:29:37 AM »
Oooo I like that cat tree - that's really good.   Has set me off thinking now - where can I put it?!!   Am thinking maybe the gurlies small bedroom, next to the window bit.   (AKA as "the laundry room, as when it wasn't full of velociraptors, it's where I dry the washing off)

Mind you, I bought them what I thought was a pretty spiffing radiator bed, which curls up like a tunnel, and have they bothered?  Nope.  they walk on the top of it to access the bookshelves, but otherwise don't bother with it.  Moray checked it out but clearly wasn't impressed either.....   :-:

I could change the ratty cushions on the little sofa downstairs - we never did when Tinks was alive, as we knew how attached he was to them - they were his comfort blankie (cushion) yet now I find I don't have the heart to part with them. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 01:52:35 AM »
yes Liz the height is about right but not the top platform and this is where my despair kicks in!

It needs to be a totally flat platform roughly 50x50cms. Lupin is very long and likes to sleep up there and even hangs off that!!

He also sometimes eats up there away from the others and jumps from there to another unit top which is about 7ft high!

He will curl up for a while in something smaller but not for long, his other fav places to sleep are in top of fridgefreezer and freezer............sigh

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 22:30:56 PM »
Oooh, that's a rather handsome cat tree! The one I got for Alfie wasn't strong enough, the 3 posts, with platforms on top, have broken off. Mind you, I got it from Ebay, if I had paid more it might have lasted longer - who knows?! We are still using it, they have to lie on top of the box thing now - one at a time, no room for both of them.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 22:23:14 PM »
Gill you need something like this its high enough for them to stay out of your way and the same floor space as your freezer

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/medium/medium_cat_tree_height_140_cm/475504
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 19:47:44 PM »
Thats so sad Lyn and I want to do the same in my bedroom and will take away some of Lupins fav places and in kitchen need to get rid of old fridge with the carpet tiles on top where he also lies.

Just cant find a cat tree that has a big enough top platfom they are all made for kittens  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 18:33:24 PM »
We sometimes underestimate the importance of the things that make up a cat's world, without realising their attachment to something is so great.   :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 17:48:38 PM »
I'm glad you have been forgiven  ;D

We had a wardrobe built in our bedroom 2 weeks ago and, in so doing, did away with the corner where Alfie's bed lived. We put his bed elsewhere but he was really unhappy. We really can't put it where it used to be, or even very near. The best we can do is put it inside the wardrobe and leave the door open. Alfie has accepted this but still cries at the wardrobe  door where his bed used to be  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 17:39:56 PM »
Sounds just perfick, Jo.   :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 14:48:03 PM »
Snow now that is crazy....pleased you all snuggled up and warm  ;D ;D ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »
Yes, I think they will keep me on, at least for the next couple of days - it snowed today  :Crazy: So much for being five days away from summer! With the wood heater chugging away, smidgen in Shadow's hammock bed, Shadow in Seb's bed, Seb sprawled in front of the fire, and Esther tucked into the back of my neck on the back of the sofa, things are fortunately, quite snug.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 08:02:11 AM »
Such a relief Jo.  You might be allowed to stay on, after all.   :evillaugh: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 18:57:59 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »
She has discovered the new chairs have solid arms and so provide a nice little cave for lying in. Seems I might be forgiven some time soon. Phew!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 05:49:13 AM »
We knew we could never contemplate replacing our tired little sofa whilst it was Tinks' favourite bed.   :Luv:  Hope Esther forgives you.  ;)   :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 00:03:04 AM »
I am sure you are right  ;D ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Rearranging the furniture
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 22:38:22 PM »
I purchased two rather nice wingback chairs at a garage sale on Sunday. The result was that I had to remove two rather tatty chairs and rearrange the furniture so they would fit. Seems Esther is not impressed.

I expect she will take it more kindly when she realises she now has a grandstand from which to admire the view.

Link to CatChat