Author Topic: COnjunctivitis - herbal treatments???  (Read 2657 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: COnjunctivitis - herbal treatments???
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 23:51:15 PM »
if it was just one cat with recurring probs then i'd be wondering about blocked tear ducts.

more than one..and never clearing properly i'd ask the vet about chlamydia, now my brain cells are sketchy on this as we didnt see it alot and my old practice wasnt really a "breeders" vets which would be more aquaint with it but im sure that has symptoms in the eyes, might be worth before anymore treatments your vet takes swabs.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 23:12:18 PM »
I agree a vet visit is a must as eye problems if left can lead to eyes being lost.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline fairihell

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 21:58:02 PM »
Hi - have been to the vet and had many courses of eye drops, but they keep coming back :(

Will be getting tea bags tomorrow and if no better back to the vet on Monday!!  - just thought their might be something we hadn't thought of!!!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 21:53:51 PM »
i would have a suspicion that one of the cats or some arent getting cleared properly, maybe they should all have a slightly extended course of eyedrops to get rid of the problem totally,

also do they go outside?? wondering if any of them have a feline friend who might also have it and not being treated.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 21:43:39 PM »
I'd get them looked at by a vet and see what s/he advises. I wouldn't take any chances with their eyes...

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 21:33:32 PM »
Try and keep them seperate if you can ..I would also bath there eyes in luke warm salt water very mild though..definetley use the tea bags ..

If it does not clear up i would seriously consider a trip to the vets as it could be something more sinister..

Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline fairihell

• Kitten
COnjunctivitis - herbal treatments???
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 21:23:21 PM »
Hi, our cats keep getting conjunctivitis and passing it between them - wondered if anyone could recommend any alternative treatments to prevent, cure this? We have been giving them collocial (sp?)silver and are planning to try the cold tea (although as we don't drink it will need to get some!) - is there any other herbal/flower things we could try???????

thanks in advance for your help!!!

Link to CatChat