Author Topic: Introducing Domino, Ingrid and Kasper (renamed thread)  (Read 13108 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Introducing Domino, Ingrid and Kasper (renamed thread)
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2016, 17:06:55 PM »
Kasper says 'I know I'm pretty, but I'm a boy'  :evillaugh:

Ooops!  :-[

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2016, 13:33:50 PM »
At least it is only £2.50! :D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2016, 11:51:49 AM »
see while you were away I stopped trying new food out and here you go tempting me to try something all over again!!!  it will be litter next!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
Thanks Dawn. I wish I could get him to eat more wet. He eats a tiny bit of Whiskas and AGAIL, but won't touch Felix, or any other wet foods (and there are lots of them! :) ) that I have offered him. The bulk of his diet is the Sainsbury's grain-free salmon dry.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/dry-cat-food/sainsburys-complete-salmon--the-delicious-collection-500g?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=o1iHt5uaBK6H8fPmYlMtSLHPQ874C3QrAj9CFMAfiroUdFG4SbG0X5ItQPoeB2oH3e%2ByARxe8c2l%0ALxPno540GLDaWiMjmySxvL30pb5fAd3NM0UynuHBk1uGJLcuRV%2B2&ddkey=http:gb/groceries/dry-cat-food/sainsburys-complete-salmon--the-delicious-collection-500g

It says one of the ingredients is 'chilled salmon meat' which is obviously a mistake  :-: -on the bag it says fresh, rather than chilled - well worth £2.50 for 500g - He has the chicken one too, but isn't that keen on it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 13:34:22 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2016, 09:59:38 AM »
he is in beautiful condition mark, you can tell he is living well!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2016, 09:46:23 AM »
Kasper says 'I know I'm pretty, but I'm a boy'  :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2016, 19:55:36 PM »
Awww, bless her little furry paws!  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2016, 19:44:56 PM »
Just thought I would share one of Kasper from last night.

http://imgur.com/aBQmrD8
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 19:46:56 PM by Mark »

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2015, 19:41:29 PM »
More lovely pics ;D

Ingrid is quite a girl :evillaugh:

Nice to see Kylie as well ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 11:30:06 AM »
Don't worry Dawn. I'm not far behind. I have an iPhone, but never downloaded anything. They set the mail up for me, so if I want a photo off the phone, I have to email it to myself :)

I don't even like texting.

PS - I meant to say. Where the photos are dated, I realised that the date was a year out on my camera - and had been since I got it 3 or 4 years ago - I worked out how to change it a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:32:23 AM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »
no short haired, I was never good with pics, although am thinking of moving with the times and getting a phone that does pictures  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 10:27:08 AM »
She does look quite small Dawn - Is she long-haired? hard to tell without my magnifying glass  :evillaugh: - you will have to find your camera and put some bigger pics on.

Andrew - I wonder if it is your settings. I used to use photobucket or Imgur, but Google photos is so much easier as it automatically backs my photos up into cloud storage without me have to do anything. Not being techy, I don't get why others can view them, but you can't.  I even Googled, but nothing comes up.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:07 AM »

Still not working for me, it's google.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 08:38:31 AM »
they really are lovely Mark!  I've changed one of my litter trays over on your recommendation as a trial!  here is my willow, only pic we have unfortunately as I still haven't found the camera since we moved in august!  its her vet mug shot!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:30:50 AM by Mark »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2015, 00:03:54 AM »
JUst stunning pictures of cats and the two tabbies look related  ;D

Time flies past so quick and I lost both Napoleon and Ducha in 2011 and 2012   :( and now have a 5 year old seal point birman called Lupin  ;D

He travelled down from the otherside of Newcastle at 10 months after i saw him being advertized on that site and he was unneutered and had never seen a vet since he left his breeder!

He along with Mosi and Kito is one of the nortiest cats in the would  :rofl:

Must keep up with this thread more cos have only looked at about half of pics so far  ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2015, 21:35:42 PM »
Daft boy! Perhaps he fancied a trip to the beach?  :naughty:

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2015, 20:28:46 PM »
Love it, cats are funny creatures aren't they?!  :naughty:
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2015, 19:33:33 PM »
Look where I found Kasper today. Luckily it is clean. Despite the fact that we have 4 trays for 4 cats (we did have 5, but I got fed up with stepping round one on the upstairs landing when it hadn't been used in months)

There are 3 human beds, 6 sofas, 4 armchairs and countless cat beds around the house. Not to mention 2 window seats and other places.

https://goo.gl/photos/rZCMC3yPa95evnsa6

https://goo.gl/photos/xWUFAuAKqJjBEs6A9

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2015, 08:16:55 AM »
yes they worked for me

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2015, 21:32:27 PM »
That's odd. I'm sure other people can. I'm not very techy, so no idea why.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2015, 17:59:03 PM »
The sink photo is the only one posted on here, but the other links should open photos stored by Google. A small image opens, but when you click on it,the picture gets much bigger. I just tried and the links seen to be working.

I know. I can't open the links  :(

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2015, 17:41:11 PM »
Sorry to hear about Jaffa - seems to be the biggest thing that affects cats  :( - it does help having a youngster (or two) around though. It was sad to lose Laz so soon after Alice, but he seemed ready to go. He was very tired. The vet said he must have been close to 18, so did quite well having so many long-term illnesses.

kidney disease is so cruel but Jaffa was very well up until the last few months.  He developed high blood pressure and had a few seizures and then possibly a small stroke.  He was stabilised on meds and we enjoyed a few more precious months until he took a turn for the worse a week after his 17th birthday.  He was ready to go.  Mosi was very lonely after Jaffa went although things are still a bit tense at times between him and Kito.  He's had his own health problems this year too as an eosinophilic granuloma was discovered in his mouth during a dental and we still don't know what the underlying cause is so he's been through a period of upheaval and had lots of vet visits.  It has been lovely having a kitten around though.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2015, 16:24:39 PM »
yes I had a quick look, the grass is looking good, kasper seems to love it!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2015, 16:23:24 PM »
The sink photo is the only one posted on here, but the other links should open photos stored by Google. A small image opens, but when you click on it,the picture gets much bigger. I just tried and the links seen to be working.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 14:28:04 PM »

Only pic I can see is the one in the sink, love it  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »
Just bare bones at the moment Dawn. It was a very basic job with a deck, path and some turf. The photo with Kylie and the seagull gives an idea.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 11:46:51 AM »
any pics of the landscaping mark, I know you were talking about it a while ago would love to see how it turned out

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2015, 00:26:20 AM »
That cat bed looks so comfy. Love all the other photos as well.
Julie.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 23:58:26 PM »
Poor Kylie, it is such a worry. Great she has put some weight on but quite a mystery but doing well for 16.

Archie has had a lot of trouble on and off for a few years with the runs and blood in his poo. The vet recently found he had Giardia and put him on panucar for 10 days which really helped. He also had campylobactor and was given a three  wk course of abs.

I had never heard of Giardia until the vet said Archie had it :-:

Hope Kylie's tum settles now :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2015, 23:15:25 PM »
Sorry to hear about Jaffa - seems to be the biggest thing that affects cats  :( - it does help having a youngster (or two) around though. It was sad to lose Laz so soon after Alice, but he seemed ready to go. He was very tired. The vet said he must have been close to 18, so did quite well having so many long-term illnesses.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 23:11:28 PM »
Poor Kylie.  Great that she's put back on weight.

I have a lot of catching up to do as I don't remember Kito Susanne.

Kito is my newbie.  I  lost Jaffa to kidney disease last year sadly.  Kito is coming up to 10 months old now.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 23:03:44 PM »
We really don't know. Initially the vet gave her ABs, then the he suspected Giardia, so she had a course of Metronidozole (sp) - again, no difference, then steroids, no difference, we tried diet changes, but she refused to touch hypallergenic food. The vet said that it was better she ate food that gave her the runs and got some nutrients from it, than little or none of the right type of food. We did a poo test and sent bloods off for testing Folates and B12. Her folate level was low (probably due to not absorbing enough from food) so she had a course of Folic acid - the poo test was negative. After 2 month, he retested and her folate was OK, but B12 was low. She started having weekly B12 shots and after 4 weeks, went down to every 3 weeks. She also has a probiotic capsule every day. So really, the weight gain doesn't seem to be down to treatment, it is just happening it seems. The diarrhea has gone from explosive liquid to soft poos mostly with some diarrhea. I bought some baby/pet scales on eBay and check her weight every few days. She has gone from 2.6kg up to 3.4kg in the last 4 or 5 weeks.

He also tested T4 to rule everything out.

About a month ago, the vet said the only was to know for sure was to do a biopsy. She was booked in and I dropped her off at 9am. I called at 2pm to see if I could collect her and was told that the vet had decided it was too invasive in her condition. He didn't say exactly what had been done, but she was woozy, so I assume it was a last-minute decision not to go ahead.

At the same time, he said her kidneys, heart and liver are in excellent shape for any age let alone a 16 year old. All her readings are pretty much bang in the middle  of the normal scale.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:48:32 AM by Mark »

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 22:12:09 PM »
Aw poor Kylie, what has been causing the diarrhea. Glad to hear she has put on some weight and back in position of top cat :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2015, 21:50:02 PM »
Sounds like you had a rough year Mary. I will read your threads when I get the time. The cats are keeping me on my toes. Kylie is gradually gaining weight after wasting away from 6.5 to 2.6kg from chronic diarrhea - she still has it, but not as explosive, so he is getting some nutrients. The vet said it was a matter of weeks if she didn't turn the corner. She is back to whacking any of the others that invade her space - always a good sign.

I have a lot of catching up to do as I don't remember Kito Susanne.

I'm sure a few of us have had losses as well as gains in the last few years. Kylie is the only original one left and she was the first to begin with.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 18:22:57 PM »
OMG Mark, so nice to see you back  :hug:  Hope you and Dennis are both ok and looks like you're having fun with more cats in your lives ;)

Don't havetime at the moment to read ll this but will do tomorrow.

Had a lousy year, you might have read my threads.  My mum died in February and then Bonnie in April and then I adopted Tisha and Kitty and Tisha had to be pts only after having her for 3 weeks with mouth cancer.  I still have Kitty although she has been very timid is now coming out of her shell a bit.

Mary x
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 18:14:15 PM »
Haven't got time at the moment to say more than loving the photos and great to see you back, Mark.

Kito is demanding flying frenzy and when he demands the whole world knows about it  :shify:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 18:11:50 PM »
Think Parki would love a bed like that and better than the one she has at the moment ;D

It is great that Ingrid has a forever home now ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 17:54:15 PM »
I don't know what happened there Alison. This should have been the photo next to the caption about Kasper modelling his Home Bargains bed https://goo.gl/photos/QGq7STSKBarPeYrJ8 I have some of Ingrid in hers somewhere.

That is awful for her being passed around like that - still, at least she won't be moved on again  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 17:45:12 PM »
she was tiny, she had lived in 4 homes and was only just over a year old so you can imagine, she is a bit bigger now!

Link to CatChat