Author Topic: Zooplus Savings Plan  (Read 22969 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Zooplus Savings Plan
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2015, 22:24:34 PM »
We currently have 6 kittens ranging from 7 months to 16 weeks and then we have the Clan cats ranging from 22 years young down to my youngest 5 who are all now one

Also 3 Border Collies in the mix Sky is 8, Sunny is 7 and Mist is 4

A lot of the cats aren't for the feinthearted or have issues some medical and some with bits missing
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 21:02:30 PM »
Liz, remind me how many cats and kittens that you have at the moment. I think you said 6 somewhere and kittens at the vet and then seven more somewhere else!!  :shocked:
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2015, 20:12:20 PM »
I use Yodel as the driver puts all the boxes in the garage for me, can order on a Sunday and its here by Wednesday we get at least 10 large boxes a month as all our wet food and clumping litter come from there

• Senior Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 17:48:54 PM »
It's so worth it isn't it Suzanne, especially if you a getting a new kitten or buying say, food and litter regularly.

I only got the option of a 7% one year plan but got my money back with my first purchase!

I have spent a lot of time comparing Zooplus prices mainly to PAH and Zooplus are very cheap anyway.
40l Okoplus cat litter is cheaper the 30l at PAH. Only last week I had to get powdered kitten milk, it was £8 in PAH and £3.99 at Zooplus.

I live in the Northeast of Scotland and we are very often seen as part of the Highlands and Islands and hence people either refuse to deliver, charge the earth to deliver or it takes days on end to come.
I've had three packages from Zooplus free of charge and they came in 3-4 days. Well impressed.  ;D

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »
I have the 3 year 7% plan.  have saved more than it cost in 2 orders so now a straight forward 7% off all orders over the next 21/2 years :)

keep forgetting about the stock up code though :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2015, 15:59:30 PM »
no, I've seen the trailer, I'm pretty bad at watching stuff regularly and never manage with catch up tv, though I do want to watch the dresser that was on a couple of weeks ago

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 15:54:06 PM »
Anyone watched The Detectorists? I think I must be getting old because I'm finding it quite compelling. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 11:53:09 AM »
lol yes not much feel good tv on is there!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 11:51:03 AM »
I have an OH who will stop watching things mid-season. Which reminds me, I need to watch the last season of Dexter, after we stopped watching it over a year ago at the end of season 6. There was only one more season to go, but Dennis said he felt bad for Debra and wanted to watch something more cheerful - I think we went on to watch The Killing  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »
you were my last best hope!!  I think I might be the only person who watched it till the end!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 11:07:47 AM »
We stopped watching it during season 2, so not a clue Dawn :)

So many things to watch! :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »
poor Laz, Oscar had a stomach tumour as well, his wasn't benign unfortunately but they did say he wouldn't be in pain

total aside here Mark but what did you think of how mad men ended????

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
Thanks Jen. The sad thing was, it was a benign tumour. If it wasn't for his other health issues and age, the vet said he could have operated. It was really down to it growing and squashing his stomach  etc. The good thing was, the vet said it wouldn't be causing him any pain.

I am just jealous that I wasn't offered the 7% plan! :)

As it is, I always go through Topcashback (although as they take the first £7 a year off you, I rarely get much back) and always google for any free gifts or discounts before placing my order.

I have more or less stopped trying new brands and they never seem to be eaten.

I always order the 2 x 3kg of Purina One sensitive for £18.99, which usually arrives as 4 x 1.5kg. Also litter.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:30:57 AM by Mark »

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2015, 18:51:18 PM »
Just wanted to say sorry to hear about Lazarus, but he couldn't have had a better  home. Nice to see you around on here again.

Another fan of the savings plan here! I notice the different with the two (mind you, they are spoilt).
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
we used complivit (sp?) for amber, you won't know the story but to cut a long one short was miss diagnosed with flu when she had a nasal tumour anyway it did help with the weight loss for as long as it could

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2015, 09:00:08 AM »
Food is passing through her so quickly, that she just isn't absorbing the goodness. I have tried all kinds of hypoallergenic foods, but she just won't eat them. The vet said that as inconvenient as it is for me, as long as she is gaining weight and the anaemia is improving, better to feed her food she will eat and at least get some nutrients from. as opposed to her eating little or none of the right kind of food. Dealing with stinky diarrhea 5 or 6 times a day isn't much fun, but what can I do?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2015, 08:43:20 AM »
I remember Kylie was always a rather ahem well covered girl, how odd that she lost so much weight

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 01:52:53 AM »
Thanks Dawn - I answered your PM :)

Another thing to remember is the points that accrue with each order. You can use them in the points store and add them to any order. You get 1 point per £1 spent. Most of the 'gifts' cost quite a few points for what they are, but there are occasionally some good ones. A few weeks back, I got 4 x 200g tubes of Gimpet vitamin paste for 130 points (It seems they have redesigned the packaging and are clearing the old stock)

It is quite handy for Kylie. She weighed 6.5kg at one time.She has chronic diarrhea and was losing weight rapidly. About 2 months ago, she was down to 2.6kg and the vet said that unless she stopped losing weight so rapidly, she had very little time left.

To cut a long story short, she still has the diarrhea, but not as explosive. She is eating tons, but absorbing very little. She is having B12 shots and probitics and has gained 800g :) (now 3.4kg)

We tried anti-b's, steroids et, nothing worked. We tested a poo sample, but nothing came up. She was in for a biopsy, but on the day (after giving her a GA) the vet decided that it was too risky, so we are playing it by ear.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2015, 08:10:46 AM »
Mark how lovely to see you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2015, 01:14:35 AM »
Not sure Gill. I had those on my Google cloud account as I recently bought a new laptop. I will put regular photos on a new thread when I get a chance.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 00:59:01 AM »
All coming up as not found Mark  :shify:

Dont know if its at my end or not

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 00:29:13 AM »
Thanks Gill. Having youngsters around has helped

This is Kasper and Ingrid https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOmtmCflftlKJuvLPl224tFmREFKmn5-i5Hoz_N

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNLLVEyXc38_FXvJgFNS0OmLEYd8xYcdDA18frv

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNHCZ7MAd4Im_qfm1Ks1r7jDASz9iTPHuNSghsZ

Ingrid and Dom (Domino) https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOldBPvl4oKa2_kuYnzH9sPzvbbyse40ITThc9u

I think it was around early April, Nicola, who runs Izzy's cat rescue had finally managed to get a few days off so she could take xmas presents (really) to family. She had received a call about a young stray. The finder was going to keep it, but had changed her mind. She said that unless Nicola took it, she was going to give it to the first taker on Facebook. Nicola asked me if I would foster for 5 days max so she would be safe. I agreed - Named her Ingrid and she stayed :) - Then late in June (after saying 'no more cats', a tabby kitten appeared in the garden trying to dodge Domino to grab a few bites of food. I ended up feeding him and tried to find the owner (paper collar, CP. Animalsearch) with no joy. By then, Dom had accepted him. Ingrid had hissed at him and then made friends, so he also stayed. Dennis named him Kasper.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 00:38:47 AM by Mark »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 00:14:57 AM »
What a lovely boy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 00:11:32 AM »
Thanks Gill :)

We lost him on 5th March - He arrived as skin and bone, but on thyroid meds and good food, he was looking his best when this was taken a few months on. I prefer to remember him like this http://s305.photobucket.com/user/MarkB_014/media/IMG_3428.jpg.html

We were lucky enough to have him for over 4 years. He really was a special cat.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 00:12:18 AM by Mark »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 23:55:45 PM »
Very sorry to here about Lazarus Mrak. RIP big boy  :hug:  :hug: :hug:

I am just doing the Rainbow Bridge thread so if you tell me which month je passed to the Bridge I will add him.

Lovely to see you again.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 23:39:29 PM »
Thanks Rosella. He had become very frail and at one point he went blind. We managed to reverse it with blood pressure tablets. The head vet next door used to give him 6-weekly BP checks for free :) - My previous vet had him on kidney meds for a over a year as he drank and peed a lot. When Alice became very ill, I couldn't put her through long journeys, so made up with next door and carried on using them. The vet there said Laz's kidney results had stayed the same for a year and he suspected something called Diabetes Insipidus (hormone related) we did a water deprivation test (which was horrible) over 5 days and it was confirmed. So poor Laz was having hormone drops up his nose twice a day, Thyroid meds and BP tablets. He braved it and was eating well until the day before we lost him. Anyway, shortly before we lost him, a stray turned up (around this tie last year) the weather turned, so we decided to keep the stray in the spare room and try to rehome via CP. Laz snuck in and made instant friends, despite being a huge (at that time) un-neutered Tom - he allowed Laz to clamber over him and was in awe of Laz. We decided to let him stay and they were best friends until the end. Domino is asleep next to me now:) (we have also taken on 2 more since)

Anyway, I know this is  Zooplus thread, so will try to come on more often and introduce Domino, Ingrid and Kasper.

Kylie has been quite ill, but has turned a corner - will post about that elsewhere.

A sneak peek of Ingrid :) http://www.catchat.org/felineforum/download/file.php?id=2164
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 23:42:06 PM by Mark »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 22:30:01 PM »
Am so very sorry about Lazarus Mark  :'( :'( :'(  RIP darling angel boy  :( :(

I'm pretty sure our Fred was a good deal older than the 5 years that RSPCA had him recorded as ... given the state of his teeth and CRF.

Thanks for confirming you too could only find the 3% discount coz I thought I was missing out and it all adds up when you have 7 feline mouths to feed.

Lovely to see you back, if only for a visit Mark  :hug:  It is absolutley fabulous the Riley is still with "us"  ;D ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 21:49:18 PM »
I haven't posted on here for the longest time, but just had to come on to say how pleased I am the Riley is still doing OK Helen :)

I also use the savings plan. When I renewed recently, there was only an option for 3%, which paid for itself with the first order. I also go through Topcashback to get a small amount back. I always google to see if there are any codes for free gifts or discounts. For some reason, when I ordered yesterday, it said I was getting an extra 2% if I spent £49, which I had planned to do to get the extra 300 points for halloween.

Some may remember that I had just adopted Lazarus not long before I stopped posting on here. We lost him to a liver tumour earlier this year :( - he had a lot of other health issues, so surgery wasn't an option and by then, despite him looking younger, my vet estimated him to be 17 or 18.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 23:27:55 PM by Mark »

• Senior Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 16:16:38 PM »
That's what I've done Hollycat, gone for DPD. Haven't had great experiences with Yodel in the past but not tried recently from the village we stay in now.

Will have to work out which postal service is best when I'm ordering food and litter in the future.

I have a feeling lots of parcels might be heading our way in the next few months with Indies name on.
I've just had a splurge in the Purrs shop!  :innocent: :innocent:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 14:09:57 PM »

Spend £29 get free delivery from Yodel. Takes about 4/5  days and you have to wait in all day

Spend £39 free delivery from DPD, takes 2/3 days and you get a 1hour delivery slot.

Or if you spend less than £39, you can pay £2.99 for DPD

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 13:33:22 PM »
that's what I quite like, mine prefer the meat flavours of as good as it looks and you can buy big boxes of just meat that you can't always find in the supermarket

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 13:27:58 PM »
Yodel is good as long as they use the man up the road lol, we know each otherv quite well now and I can pop up to hid house to collect but think he only does small parcels.

Yes I get tins of one and pouches of felix but only fish in jelly!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 13:21:35 PM »
aah you get tins,

they use yodel or for an extra £1 (I think) dpd

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 13:20:15 PM »
I get emails from them and looked last night but didnt see Felix and the other food I use is so much more than Tesco. I get 8 tins for £3 and they do 12 for £5.60ish, so I get 16 for £6 at Tesco

Not usually available for deliveries so if they wont leave stuff useless to me!

Think forgot to look at litter. Proplan is a bit cheaper than PAH but delivery could be a problem............how do they do delivery and what company do they use?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 13:13:44 PM »
its great if you will be at home for deliveries Gill, the felix and oko are usually a good price but obviously getting litter delivered at work is no easier than buying it from the shops!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 11:37:10 AM »
Its an extra 10% off orders over £75.00

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 11:13:06 AM »
its ok, just used it!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 10:22:30 AM »
Whats the Stock up code do please???
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 17:17:12 PM »
I never buy anything from Zooplus! I must bhave missed something  :shify: :shify:

Be great to see you again Helen and so pleased that Riley still fighting  ;D ;D

Found Rileys lolcat,,,the simples one the other day  ;D ;D

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 09:42:48 AM »
Don't forget to go though the Quidco site to get cash back as well.

Link to CatChat