Author Topic: helloo  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
Re: helloo
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 19:03:59 PM »
Oooo and Rebecca, tell your PA if she walks down Upper Kent Rd, just round the corner from where she lives, about half way down she'll probably see one or two of my boys in the window, especially just before I get home from work, waiting for their feed.   :)

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 18:48:13 PM »
Hi Thanks Tan and Rebecca, sorry it's taken me so long to reply, my phone and hence internet connection died on Monday eve :(, only got back online today. :)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 11:00:49 AM »
I absolutely adore your babes Fiona.  :ahh: Great pics  Looks like a mission for ........... the cat nappers :o!!  :rofl:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:01:36 AM by Tan »

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 09:09:41 AM »
Goood morning! Have been woken up by hungry kittens biting my feet so I thought I'd just pop on here.

One of my PAs lives on Dickenson Road, too - in a flat above the shops right at the corner of Dickenson road and Anson road. It's a small world! Am going to go downstairs now and feed the furry bratlets and have a bagel - talk to you later  :)
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 08:55:42 AM »
Hello Rebecca, just a quickie before I set off to work, this site is so addictive. I'm just down the road from you in Victoria Park, the border of Victoria Park and Longsight near the corner of Dickinson Rd and Anson Rd, look forward to hearing about your kitties, will look out for photo's. :)

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 23:49:24 PM »
LOVELY photos Fiona, what a gorgeous bunch you have!  :Luv: Whereabouts in Manchester are you? I'm in Withington with a pair of naughty kittens and a curmudgeonly foster-cat.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 21:29:36 PM »
PS, do they all get on together as well as they appear to?
Thanks for all your warm welcomes, mostly they rub along together o.k with the occasional swipe at one another at feed times when they are waiting for me to put their food out, I have to feed them a few feet apart from one another and watch over them, if I'm not there then Ginge will gobble his food as quick as he can then try to push Olly out of the way to eat his. Pepe winds Oliver up by wanting to play wrestling when Oliver isn't in the mood, Olly will give him the hard stare and if Pepe doesn't back down he'll go for his throat and although Olly is the smallest Pepe usually comes off worst  :evillaugh: but these are usually play fights, only once in a blue moon the fur flies.
As far as introducing them to each other, well umm Lurkio was Lurking around the garden and shed (hence the name) for sooooo long before we managed to gradually entice him closer by feeding him outside the cat flap then just inside the cat flap, Dave (still around at the time) and Ginge had a long time to gradually get used to him being there, for a long time he would keep to himself to himself in the back room, it was only when I got him neutered that he really came out of his shell and actually started to play, bless him. Oliver was so small I don't think they noticed him, Pepe was only young also so not a threat and he was so bold,  burst through the cat flap at a feeding time starving and demanding food, think the others were a bit stunned and stumped.
Here's a photo taken this evening of them in front of the fire, Olly snuggled in closest to the fire as usual, Pepe waiting in the wings.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 17:29:52 PM »
Hi Fiona, I enjoyed reading about you cats; it's a heart warming story  :welcome:
Cat xxxxx

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 15:29:36 PM »
Hi Fiona,

Welcome and what a lovely story.  Your cats are so lucky to have found you and long may you continue to take in strays.

xx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 13:33:30 PM »
What lovely pics  ;D I love the one of three of them sitting by the window watching the world go by!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 11:34:20 AM »
Ha ha Jane i was just about to ask that to.

How did you introduced them. did they just except each other when each arrived?

I find that amazing cause i had alot of heartache introducing just one ickle 7 week old Gizzy to my 18 month old Rio. They finally made it after a worrying month, that doesn't seem too long at all but it's very upsetting to see any of ya babes unhappy.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 11:22:48 AM »
Awwww, that's a lovely story and so nice to hear about and see your rescues.  Your puddies look lovely (dead cute in a row!!!) and they are very lucky to have found you :Luv:  PS, do they all get on together as well as they appear to?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 11:24:19 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »
Thanks, havn't managed to get all four of them together at the window, maybe I should get a longer table.
Might have more of a chance of getting a photo of them all together in front of the fire, they do love the fire but it often ends up in a punch up as to who gets the best spot, usually Ginge gets the best spot cause he's the biggest and the elder statesman then Oliver sneaks in front cause he's so small he he  :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 01:31:05 AM »
Hiya Fiona

A very warm  :welcome: to you and your gorgeous babes. Wonderful pics.  ;D ;D ;D

Love to hear more about them
xxxxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 23:36:07 PM »
Hi Fiona and welcome to Purrs  ;D

Love the way they all sit side by side, I got one of two of mine doing that but would love to have all 4 together but no chance I am afraid

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
helloo
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 21:03:32 PM »
Hello all,
been popping into C.C and now Purrs since sometime in October so am fairly new, thought it about time I introduced myself and my boys. Live in Manchester with my O.H, also Ginge, 11 year old ginger and white who migrated from next door when they were having troubles, Lurkio, 10-ish tabby and white who was living in our shed with a manky collar matted into his fur, he was so timid it took us months of coaxing to get near enough to get his collar off, he's been with us now for about eight years and has turned into a big softie house cat, Pepe, b+w 8 year old, our cheeky boy, another stray who decided to move in when he was about six months old and wouldn't take no for an answer, and Oliver, ginger and white who crawled throught the cat flap when he was 12 weeks old and we found him hiding under the stairs full of fleas and not well, he has remained small and dinky and still looks like a kitten even though he is now 8, and he may be small but he's a tough little cookie.
Last but not least is Dave who is now residing at the rainbow bridge, he was our first and we had him since birth, he passed on 4 years ago at the age of 12.
Look forward to chatting, here's some piccies and will post more on the photo section soon :)

Link to CatChat