Author Topic: Indie's Adventures  (Read 26334 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Indie's Adventures
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2015, 11:31:47 AM »
Well Indie has made her presence felt  :rofl: :rofl:

I am sure when she is getting regular good food, the boney bits will be covered by kitten plump bits  ;D

She sounds absolutely adorable and we did warn you about small places  :innocent:

Like Sue am chuckling and as for cats ignoring beds...........................sigh!

I am sure all of us can say we have x beds and x cats and none of the two categories ever mix  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Looking forward to the next episode of Indie is Here  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2015, 06:55:47 AM »
I'm nodding, chuckling and loving this thread more and more.   :evillaugh:  The delights of bein kitten Mummy.   :Luv2:

They can and do get into the tiniest of gaps.  They by and large will use their trays when they locate them.  They love their hoomans and and dawgies alike and adore kitten milk.    Ours all love the whiskers cat milk - even the borrowers.    :Luv:

Your life will never be t h e same again - it will be richer and more rewarding, and this little scrap will own you, body and soul.  Congratulations.    :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2015, 06:47:19 AM »
So pleased for you and I'm sure she will get heavier with just your love never mind anything else  :hug: :Luv:

Never tried cat milk but I've heard a lot of people say they are against it, you might want to ask your vet when you take her.

I love Pugsey and Staffa and it looks like they are all gonna be one big happy family  :hug:  It has brought back lovely memories of when I had a cat and a dog when I was in my 20s, they loved to cuddle up on the settee together  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2015, 02:26:12 AM »
Well thanks for your lovely messages folks. We got her in the end and yes, life is definitely never going to be the same again.
She is small (470g) and very boney (is that normal?) but she has energy, is peeing and pooing and ate a small bowl of Felix Kitten and a bowl of kitten milk tonight so I'm not too worried. She has been wormed three times and is booked to go to the vet a week Monday so I think that's ok is it?! Do we have to do flee treatment? Ive had a good look at her all over and can't see anything ;D

I'm amazed, she already knows how to walk from the living room to the kitchen to find her litter box and then climb in like she's on an assault course and leap out like she's parachuting! Clever cookie.  :Luv:
We have had one mishap whilst we were having tea, when she climbed under the TV unit (how can a cat with that sized head fit under such a small gap?!) and did a whoopsie in the corner! That was a "she's your kitten, you clean it up" moment. Ha, ha.

Sorry, see, I said I would bore you with every detail. Newbie cat owner syndrome!  :innocent:

She has discovered a free and 'on tap' toy........Staffas tail, and being a lab it goes constantly. He's so good though as she tries to leap for it from under the coffee table. I just love it when she rubs up his legs too as if he's a hooman. Pugsey has decided he's to old for this lark and he's going to ignore her, as if to say "I hope that thing isn't staying" it's really funny, he's a rough haired Jack russell and has very furry feet. Indie thinks it's great fun jumping for the straggly bits on the way past! I'm not sure old Pug agrees  :scared:

Cuddling into your neck or upper chest seems to be her thing, she won't even go near her gorgeous bed I bought her! She cries when she's tired just like a baby! She sleeps nearly all the time with half hour spurts to tire herself out again. The day has gone so fast, you're right Gill, I'll be to busy to do anything else. I suppose it is a bit extra work with the dogs as you have to supervise all the time, especially with Staffas big feet and him bouncing about desperate to play. He got so excited earlier when Indie ran out into the hall for the first time, he tripped me up and I dropped a glass of red wine and it smashed all over the floor! It was like something out of a comedy sketch. Indie ran behind the sofa, I  :censored: :censored: at the dog and threw him outside and proceeded to pick up all the glass and wipe down the walls. Because we have flagstone floors the glass and wine had gone everywhere. Indie just peeped round the corner from the sofa wondering what all the fuss was about! What a waste of wine!!

Well it's late and my little pal is out cold snoozing between our two pillows. Goodness knows when she'll wake up, I hope I hear her because our bed is high and her other litter box is in our bathroom and she doesn't know how to get there! Mummy worries again, I don't think I was this bad when I took the kids home when they were babies! Well that's enough for one day, thanks for listening.

Here's to Indies next adventure.......................em, hold on, 'out cold' , take that back, I just heard Indie drop off the other side of the bed, my OH woke with a start, picked her up, Indie pooed down her front and swiftly ended up in the litter box to finish off with my OH marching about the bedroom saying what a  :censored: stink! You've no idea how hard I tried not to laugh. It's gonna be a long night, Indie is marching all over the bed like she owns the place now! She purrs so loud, I love it!  :Luv2:
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2015, 21:33:27 PM »
This has turned into a lovely jubbly thread .... at last  :wow: :wow: :wow:

She and the dawgies are all gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2015, 20:30:00 PM »
So pleased that Indie is now with you in her forever home :).

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2015, 19:59:11 PM »
Awww finally caught up with your thread Katie...and just how *sssqqquuuueeeeeeee* is Indie...she's tiny!!

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Giggling at Staffa playing with Indie's new toys...but I don't think she's fussed now that she's got a Katie-tree to climb and wrap her tiny body round lol.

Looking forward to reading more about Indie's adventures

Julz xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Indie's Adventures
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2015, 18:58:10 PM »
I'm so pleased she's home & settling in well! What a wee cutie she is.
Love that she's started to explore, won't be long till she's tearing around like a whirlwind.
I've fallen in love with Staffa by the way. Those big eyes! I see he likes the play cube ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2015, 17:37:29 PM »
That dog is daft lol

But Indie sounds fine with the dogs and you, sounds gorgeous in fact  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2015, 16:49:36 PM »
Hurrah! Welcome to your forever home lovely girl! I think we were all a bit worried that she wouldn't get to to you, for whatever reason. So glad to be proved wrong  ;D

Gawjus photos  :Luv2: , especially the daft dog  :briggin:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2015, 15:49:02 PM »
Thank you everybody!   ;D

What a change in the last couple of hours, Indie has been walking about a bit getting to know the place (and she has used the litter box twice!) the dogs have been following her everywhere. Staffa has been trying to play with her with his long gangly legs. Every time he puts his head down to her level she head butts him and rubs up his cheeks. So sweet to watch. As we thought though, he's playing with her toys!! See below!

You'll love this Nicola....tried her with her usual food at lunchtime and she wouldn't eat it!!!  :rofl:

The dog is now running round with a ball of wool and Indie is wrapped round my neck watching him like an owl, he's completely nuts.

Feet up, time for kitten therapy and a cup of tea.  ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2015, 13:27:44 PM »

;D ;D Indie's in da house.

So happy for you. Can hardly see her in her bed :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2015, 13:08:12 PM »
I was very worried too!

Lovely pics and so pleased she is home.............she does look very small in her huge blankie all curled up.

I am sure she will grow and flourish under your care and we will see a cheeky norty torty before too long  ;D ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2015, 12:57:39 PM »
Thank  :censored: for that! I had a horrible feeling the woman would change her mind and not let you have Indie. Very relieved I was wrong!

I confess the thought had occurred to me also Dave, and like you, couldn't be happier to see the latest update and photies.      :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
phew, afraid I'm with Dave and also had a horrible feeling, glad to be proved wrong!! 

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2015, 12:27:45 PM »
Thank  :censored: for that! I had a horrible feeling the woman would change her mind and not let you have Indie. Very relieved I was wrong!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »
She's here!!!  ;D ;D ;D .......and all she's done is sleep!

She's slept since we picked her up 2 hours ago! The woman said she is a really deep sleeper and right enough she didn't even flinch when the dogs barked coming in the door or when we weighed her!!  :shify:

She seems really tiny for 8 weeks and was noticeably slight compared to her brother. However we got a good chance to see mum cat this time who is a really small cat.

The dogs have come to say hello and got a lot of fuss. Pugsey the Jack Russell has been over several times to have a sniff but Staffa the lab has had a look but is more interested in biscuits!

I'm just sitting with her on my lap and totally in love already!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I don't think I'll do anything all day  ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »
Aw that's a lovely story Susanne. Bedroom with the rest of the zoo it is!

Leaving in half an hour. *butterflies*

Gosh, thought it would never come, no more sleeps to go!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2015, 08:59:02 AM »
so excited for you and your oh Katie!!!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »
so excited for you  :yayyy:

As far as having her in the bedroom with you I think you need to start as you mean to go on.  If you want her to have access to your bedroom permanently then let her in but if not settle her down where you want her to sleep.  You may need to sleep in her room with her the first night as she'll be used to having someone to snuggle up to at night.  I spent Kito's first 2  nights on the sofa with him.  Very uncomfortable for me but Kito snuggled up to me and slept all night.  That was mainly because Mosi was poorly and I didn't want to introduce them that early otherwise I'd have let him into the bedroom from the start.  Mosi spent his first night in bed with me tucked up under my chin (probably the only night he slept all night for years!)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2015, 07:20:08 AM »
Thanks Katie.   :hug:  We are, yes, but am still chuffed to bits your special day has arrived at last.  You'll have tremendous fun and pleasure to come - enjoy it !

• Senior Cat
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »
You're up Sue and no doubt worried sick about your boy.

Thank you for remembering about Indie, I've been awake since 6 and tossing and turning all night. I have also just been chasing Staffa our young lab round the lounge for a carrier bag he stole from the bedroom! I think we're going to have fun and games. More chaos in
the mad house.

Hope to see positive news of Moray later. x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2015, 06:46:45 AM »
Today's the day Katie.    :wow:  Thinking of you, and looking forward to seeing the words:  she's here!!   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2015, 00:16:10 AM »
I think only you can see them LOL

They are coming to take you away  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Too much inkahol maybe  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2015, 23:03:33 PM »
Lovin the play date idea Nic, especially the bubbly!

Ok litter trays in situ. Leaving cardboard til tomorrow morning. Shattered.

...and Gill check out the bottom left of my posts, bizarrely it was the pulling out your hair icon and now it's the banging on the head one and I never even put it there!! Weird!

Picking up my four legged friend at 10.30am tomorrow.  ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2015, 22:28:20 PM »
When we say that something is 'normal' that doesn't mean that anyone else would consider it so...

Sing to the tune of 'Rudolf the red...'

There's only one sleep to go,
Only one more sleep to go,
There's only one sleep to go,
Only one more sleep to go.
Then tomorrow don't you know
Indie will come to stay,
How quickly the time will go
When with her you will  play   :briggin:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2015, 21:14:46 PM »
What icon lol

I think where ever you want the litter tray she will find it.

I have one in the bedroom so if you are going to let her go in there that will be a good idea.

There say one tray for every cat plus one, I now have 3 for 3 cats and one is used by them all and the othet two by Sasa!

I did have more but dumped the ones not used.

Its sooooooooooooo close now getting very excited  ;D ;D

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Indie's Adventures
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2015, 20:19:04 PM »
I've forgotten what my house looks like without cardboard ;D

We would've had a nightmare without it, they get EVERYWHERE!

The tv unit is the main issue in our place because of all the cables behind it. We blocked the front of it at first, then we removed the cardboard. OMG. So we've plugged gaps with DVDs to try & stop them climbing in, we've been gradually removing them....then I got cocky last night & commented on how they'd lost interest in it....guess what the monsters have spent all night clambering in and out of? :-[

We also blocked the gap behind our fridge as I had a kitten wedge himself behind my fridge years ago.

My boys tray has been in the kitchen since day 1 & they've had no problems making their way back to it from all over the house. They used it within 30 minutes of getting here & have been great since.

The fosterer gave me a tiny amount of their soiled litter to put in it, so might be worth doing that.

I think your dog will be fine, our dog growing up was a clumsy, excitable dafty, but he just knew instinctively to be gentle with kittens.

You're as prepared as you possibly can be & you'll be a fab mum ;D Cant wait to compare notes!

We should have playdates like people with Holman babies do...Indie can play with my boys....we can drink bubbly ;D ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2015, 19:37:42 PM »
Ooooh it's quite exciting, not knowing what you're going to get ;)

Have reserved a large long cardboard box from Zooplus for gap filling so that will be my job after tea!

Think the worst, think the worst, think the worst, think the worst............and it'll be all good!

To be honest, the biggest thing I'm worried about is our loopy Labrador. I don't think she'd intentionally hurt Indie, in fact I think she might be scared of her! But we haven't really a room for Indie to start off in, on her own as the lounge and kitchen are more or less open plan and the dogs sleep in the bedroom too. There's just too big a space to get lost in the eaves upstairs as its a converted attic. I'm hoping because Indie has already befriended a dog she mightn't be too frightened.

Oh another question, is the litter box ok round the corner in the kitchen or should I bring it right into the lounge? She apparently uses one no bother but I don't know if it's in her living room. God, I sound like a worried mother!!

Also, do you think I should just have her in the bedroom at night with us all too? I have another litter box.

Well I suppose there's only one way to find out...............

Ps. Did you see that big random pulling out hair emoticon in my post just there Gil /Carol, it's not even on my choices so I don't know how it got there!!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2015, 17:57:58 PM »
prepare for anything!

When Jaffa and Magpie were kittens (8 weeks when they came to me) they spent most of their time playing with each other and chasing each other around the flat then stopping for a sleep.  They were lively but fairly easy to raise and I don't recall many dramas.  Magpie used to steal washing up items (dishcloth, scrubber etc.) and hide them under the bed, but apart from that...  :innocent:    Mosi was the most hyperactive kitten ever.  He was hard work.  hardly slept at all, into everything, knocking everything over, wanting constant attention and mithering poor Jaffa to play.  He spent every night running around, climbing into and on top of everything, making a noise and it was so hard to tire him out.  He really didn't calm down at all until 5 or 6.  I braced myself when I got Kito as I was expecting the same with him being a Somali too.  What I got was a sweet natured, polite and well behaved kitten.  Lively of course at times because he's a kitten but he slept a fair bit and really was easy to look after.  He has now turned into a bit of a teenage tearaway (he's 10 months) and is much livelier and demanding now but still a pretty easy going lad.  And he still sleeps at night  ;D

They are all different - no knowing what you will get!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2015, 17:46:01 PM »
Yes you need to block off anywhere she can get under, into etc

My first cat Kocka was a normal size cat so not big and she understood VETS and would hide.

One day couldnt find her at all and had to cancel appt. I knew she was in house cos flap was blocked off............in those days you had a section to slide in which totally blocked it.

I was sitting on the sofa think where can she be and my eye caught the cupboard, it had about 3 inch gap underneath and thought noooooooooooooo but better check. Torch out and on hand and knees, yesssssssssssssssss that where she was!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2015, 17:24:11 PM »
When I moved into this house 7 years ago, Bramble found a gap that allowed her access to underneath the kitchen units, so I blocked that off, otherwise I let the cats have the run of the place. One thing to watch out for is electrical cable. Some cats love to chew on it, others ignore it. Best not to leave a cat overnight where there's easy to access cable, especially if it's plugged in, until you find out what sort of cat you have.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2015, 16:52:02 PM »
Oh my you're scaring me now! :scared:

Yip all sorted with antibacterial pump wash, wipes, toys, fleece blankets, scalpel, scissors, body suit etc.  ;D

Ok, claw trimming, got that, but not on the first day, I used to do the ratties so not too worried about that ;)

One last question........did anybody block off areas with cardboard , ie behind tv, under units etc. She's so tiddly, I'm scared we'll lose her along with the ping pong balls and she'll get stuck!!!  :scared:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2015, 15:51:26 PM »
yes girls are a bit of a shock!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2015, 15:47:51 PM »
One One Oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sleep to go, bet you are so excited you wont sleep  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I have never had a kitten that young so no idea what its like!

Gill, it's hard work, but thoroughly delightful.  At least if you have boy cats.  Gurl cats - well, they're quite another matter!   :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2015, 15:38:06 PM »
One One Oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sleep to go, bet you are so excited you wont sleep  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I have never had a kitten that young so no idea what its like!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2015, 13:21:47 PM »
get her used to claw trimming early ;)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »
The girls adore ping pong balls.  But where do they go?  We've bought twelve, and can only find 3, in spite of lifting the sofas, and searching behind the bookcase and under the coffee table.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Same here Sue.

1 more sleep, if you can sleep that is  ;D ;D ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2015, 09:25:44 AM »
Just think.....this time tomorrow you'll be heading off to collect her  :wow:

Definitely get something for scratches. I'm absolutely covered in them. Doesn't help that Chester has recently started climbing me like I'm a tree  :rofl:

My two love little things to bat around too. Especially the little foil crinkle balls. Like Sue said, they disappear constantly though! We go round the house several times a day getting them out of all the nooks and crannies. Which is very exciting for the boys as it means they can get to work on losing them all again  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »
The girls adore ping pong balls.  But where do they go?  We've bought twelve, and can only find 3, in spite of lifting the sofas, and searching behind the bookcase and under the coffee table.......

Link to CatChat