Author Topic: Indie's Adventures  (Read 26381 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Indie's Adventures
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2015, 16:03:05 PM »
funny you should mention shoes, oh trod in a poop that star had stuck on her furry trousers the other day - amazing managed to get both topics in!! 

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2015, 16:02:06 PM »
And good grief, I seriously need to stop talking about poop  :rofl:

Any other subject please  :Crazy:

Shoes? I LOVE shoes  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2015, 16:00:17 PM »
Oh god, dangling poop. Bailey had that occasionally with him being so long haired.
We knew before we saw him as he'd come through his catflap wailing with the indignity of it.
Then he'd insistently present his bum to me for it to be removed.
He always managed to make me feel like it was my fault  :rofl:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2015, 14:19:24 PM »
Well Jen, Zarny is far from alone in the Klingon department. Marmalade regularly suffers the humiliation of a poop dangler. On occasion, she attempts to remove said accessory by scooting around the floor. This merely adds to the hilarity of the situation since her long furs hide her feet and she looks like someone is pulling her along on a string!!!

The remedy is rarely as simple as said dangler dropping off for her,  but she must suffer the added indignity of having her a*+e combed!
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2015, 13:24:12 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Arent all of these poo stories just the best?  :evillaugh:

Zarny's rapid assessment of the situation and the quantum-lightning shift of blame on to your shoulders Jen just takes the biscuit. 

Katie - am so envious.  Would love to be curled up with a tittentat or three right now.   ;) :hug:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
I have to admit to experiencing a completely new poo phenomena yesterday, and where else would I share it but here?

So picture the scene, me and OH are on the sofa watching tv, I am snuggled up with my wool blanket on my legs and having pudding (warm mince pie from the local butchers oddly, home made and delicious!). Zarny goes to the corner tray to do her duty and after some burying comes over for attention. She jumps up at my knee and theres a small thud sound. And oh look, a small bit of poo on the floor. She looks at in in amazement, where ha  that come from! Sniffs it, looks at me revolted 'You have poo on the floor!!! :sick:' oh the joys on long fluffy trousers, a small piece had got stuck in all that fluff  :rofl: no wonder I never have people round  :rofl:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »
Lovely! All your comments made me laugh this morning. Oh and Andrew thanks for the advice!  :rofl:

I felt like that Sue when I was standing in the kitchen like a zombie this morning willing Indie to eat faster!

Madam has discovered running this morning, which is quite a hazardous occupation as her new friend Staffa wants to join in. It's so sweet hearing her wee feet pattering along, she has developed the skill of swiping things hanging down on the way past. She nearly came a cropper on an iPhone cable earlier...not to self, change socket for charging!

She is now snuggled under the duvet beside me.......well if you can't beat them join them!  ;D
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

• Hero Cat
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2015, 08:50:24 AM »

I sometimes ponder the bigger things in life, when I'm standing there, clutching my little bag of poo, having cleaned out the litter trays.....

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Oh Sue, this cracked me up

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »

I sometimes ponder the bigger things in life, when I'm standing there, clutching my little bag of poo, having cleaned out the litter trays..... 

• Hero Cat
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2015, 08:40:40 AM »
Oh my, she is just gorgeous!!! i agree with Gill, I think she's going to be long haired based on that furry wee chest  :Luv2:

Surely there must be more to life than kitten poo watch. Poor Nic, you must be demented with worry with your boy.

Thankfully my only concern is Indie standing in it or dipping her tail in it, then either walking it all over the kitchen or scrambling up my tshirt. Most unpleasant. :sick:
Oh, been there, done that. The other night, Chester got it all down his legs and paws and then got away from me. he made it through three rooms and across the coffee table before I caught him. I also picked him up for a cuddle one night and realised I'd ended up with a smear of poo across the front of my top. Unfortunately, he'd fallen asleep on me by that point so I just sat there....covered in poo  :rofl:

Good sign that things are firming up a bit, I'd just speak to your vet about it when you take her in

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2015, 08:39:22 AM »
omg I love that girl!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2015, 05:42:43 AM »
Fabulous photos and update.   :)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2015, 03:02:40 AM »

Lovely pics ;D Indie is so cute :Luv:

Next time you get chance to get a pic of Indie and Staffa together like that, use a flash or a camera  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2015, 01:59:54 AM »
She is soooooooooooooo sweet and gonna be a longhair I reckon  ;D

Just dont get a black light.......I think its called LOL.....................shows up every little speck.

I hope her little tummy will settle soon and she and the dog have bonded well  ;D ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2015, 01:29:38 AM »
Surely there must be more to life than kitten poo watch. Poor Nic, you must be demented with worry with your boy.

Thankfully my only concern is Indie standing in it or dipping her tail in it, then either walking it all over the kitchen or scrambling up my tshirt. Most unpleasant. :sick:

FYI, mixed consistency today, loose in the morning more formed at night.  :evillaugh:
While we're on the subject, that Okoplus litter is great. Clumps really well, no odour between poo parcels and hardly any tracking but I imagine that will increase with a bigger cat. We have a cordless Dyson for the kitchen but the suction is so strong that you have to watch you don't suck Indie up the tube as well!  :rofl:

Thank you to whoever said to get wipes. We now have a fine art of wipes, nappy bags and anti bac gel. I feel like someone off that Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners programme. I'll be getting out my microbe meter soon and testing my kitchen floor!

This is Miss Tortie Pants just having woken up.

Indie and Staffa have bonded, well as you can see by his face, he didn't have much choice in the matter. The only trouble is she gets clobbered when he decides to get up and go somewhere else. Sorry for the rubbishy photos, I'm so lazy, I just use my phone. This one is very grainy as I lightened it a bit.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2015, 19:55:48 PM »
I love the flooring too  :wow:

She is just so tiny, precious girl  :Luv2:

Hope you get on top of the runny bum, hopefully it's just being in a new home.
And we need more pics, you're a photographer, you have no excuses  :rofl:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2015, 19:42:10 PM »
Such a gorgeous girl hope the runs stop asap :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2015, 18:50:52 PM »
When are you seeing the vet with Indie?

Hope that this clears up by itself but blame that owner tbh.

About the floor, I thought it was newspaper down LOL....sorry!

Didnt try to read it  :rofl: :rofl:

Hope that sweet little Indie is Ok and the accidents stop.

I wonder if she was a little worried that you had left for good and stayed where she was cos she was a little scared?

• Senior Cat
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2015, 18:23:35 PM »
Still learning, Indie pooed all over her bed last night and had to have a shallow bath this morning, exhausting stuff for a teeny lady. I had a hospital appointment which meant we were away nearly two hours and she was in exactly the same position when we got back!

You mentioned our flooring, it's so funny, I put the same photo on Facebook and more people mentioned about the flooring than they did about Indie!
I'm not kidding, the man that laid it said, 'yer goin to have an awful job gettin all that ink off ye know' and he meant it.

Well back to cuddles on the couch......... :Luv2:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2015, 16:28:58 PM »
Aww she is such a sweety.  I am so glad Indie is eatting better and poo watch is successful now.  I am definitely getting kitten broody. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2015, 08:47:35 AM »
I thought that about the floor!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2015, 08:45:53 AM »
That's just adorable - look at the differences in their sizes, yet she's large and in charge!   ;D

Katie - I love that flooring by the way.  Very nice.   :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2015, 08:29:37 AM »
I love that picture!!!!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2015, 22:57:58 PM »
This is wonderful news and so pleased that she is eating better  ;D ;D

Soooooooooooo small but beautiful and yes she is going to be the Alpha cat  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Yes we love pictures

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2015, 22:53:21 PM »
Ruling the dogs already? She is going to be a real tortie  :briggin:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2015, 21:58:10 PM »

Tiny Indie  :Luv: :Luv: Gorgeous

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2015, 21:54:27 PM »
just beautiful, teeny-weeny angel who will be the queen be in your household. Keep the pictures coming

• Senior Cat
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2015, 21:46:26 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance and the benefit of your experience folks.

Indie's doing really well today. Falling asleep on me, on my kitten shelf, (bigger busted ladies will know where I mean! ;)) then if I've something to do, (which I try not to have!) I pop her into her bed with her own little fleecy blankie that my mum brought today. She loves it and kneeds it with her paws. She is so teeny and beautiful I could watch her forever..........and Sue, she was suckling my left earlobe this afternoon, I couldn't believe that after you mentioning it!  :Luv2:

She's eating much better now that the milk is out of the way and drinking more water too. We have better poos too so I'm convinced it was the milk.

She has also found her hierarchy position as far as feeding time goes! "You WILL wait til I'm finished!"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »
I'm so glad that Indie is with you and starting to settle down  ;D However, given her history,I think a vet check would be a good idea - just to ensure there are no problems that need sorting.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
I would stop the kitten milk too.

Cats and kittens can get dire rear when they are moved to a new place as it is stressful for them but if it persists I would take her to the vet for a check up given how quickly kittens can get dehydrated. 

It varies how much they sleep.  Kittens, in general, do play hard and sleep hard.  as I think i've mentioned before, Mosi hardly slept at all.  Kito on the other hand slept most of the first full day I had him then played a bit more but still seemed to sleep a lot.  He sleeps less now that he's bigger.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
 :)  Katie, as she gets older, you may find the strong need for "reassurance affection" reduces.  Ross, from being a kitten, used to suckle on my right ear lobe.   As he transitioned into an adult, it grew less frequent, but when he was particularly tired, or if he was anxious about something, he would still do it as he grew - it was like his security blanket, I think.

I've often said, since we lost him to the road, that my right earlobe gets lonely.   :shy:

Everything is going to be really strange and new to Indie, a change of home, leaving behind her brother, and with new territory to explore, discover and make her own, and she's coping with things quite well, but clearly you're her blankie.   ;)

I think you're doing the right thing with her though - you can just pop her in her bed when you need to, and she should come to accept that.  :hug:

So glad last night was a better night.   :)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2015, 07:54:40 AM »
Thank you, you're so right Dave. I'm just trying to more or less copy what she did so that Indie will settle in.

Better night last night Sue, she slept 12-6 and was starving this morning, had a 'trotty botty' (liked that one) but in her box this time! Had a play and is sound asleep. Don't get me wrong about cuddles, just can't see the neck thing working when she's older but I suppose she wants to be up high for security. She is so affectionate cuddling up on the sofa, just a nice option to be able to pop her in her bed sometimes!

Hopping over to see what kind off night you've had with Moray, you must be so worried. Great news for your new arrivals though, sounds like good progress. X

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2015, 07:16:25 AM »
Kittens do sleep a lot Katie but sounds like Indie' s needing more than most.  We've always taken our kittens for an initial kitten check at our vet, and its invaluable for many reasons.  It would give you a good opportunity to discuss your concerns and get advice on how to build her up, and address the trotty bot issues.   :hug:

How much you want Indie to love on you can be determined by you at this stage, just gently disengaging her or distracting her.  But me - I'd take it all - am greedy for kitten love.    :evillaugh: 

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2015, 03:10:33 AM »
The most important piece of advice I can think of is that the woman you refer to as the owner isn't, not any more. She has no say any more. You do. In your place, I'd take advice from the vet, in the first place, and from people here who can give you a variety of options for any problems that arise.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2015, 02:12:56 AM »
Hi Andrew ( it is Andrew isn't it? my memory!)

Yeh, have decided to stop the milk. She eats nothing like you mentioned though. She hasn't even finished a Felix pouch since yesterday and that's leaving her in peace, no dogs, no distractions and she still leaves some. I'm wondering whether if we left her a longer period of time she might eat more?? Then again, little and often would probably mount up to the same amount. Oh all these decisions!

As I said she plays for a maximum of 10 mins and she then snoozes for up to two hours.

I'll tell you something, she's taken up the whole day though, I've hardly stopped!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2015, 00:20:25 AM »

I would stop the milk too. 3 pkts of kitten food and some crunchies is plenty. Astrophe and Zoonie were fed 3 pkts a day each in 6 meals, half a pkt each per meal.
They would play for a couple of hours then sleep for four hours. I always fed them at bedtime so they had a full tum and would sleep.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2015, 23:38:08 PM »
Personally I would stop the kitten milk could be that causing her stomach probs but you must keep a close eye on her cos her stomach should not be upset and she will go down hill very quickly. Also the goodness from her food will not be getting into her body. Start getting her to drink it watered down gradually changing over to water.

A bit worried that she is sleeping so much but other kitten people will know more.

Feed little and often which sounds like what she is making you do lol.

Keep an eye on how much food she is eating.................think it shouldnt be more than 3 or 4 pouches a day depending what they say on the label and thats loads and loads for a very small kitten and probably too much.

Its so frustrating when posts go poof,,,,,,,,we all have been there!

Ipad is your problem cos seems that others with ipads have same problem as you.

Its lovely to have a proper lap cat but you pay the penalty for their love  ;D ;D

I dont have one any more and Napoleon used to lie with his head on my typing arm and gaze with his blue eyes into mine  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2015, 22:39:14 PM »
Very frustrated tonight. Have spent ages during the day, off and on writing an update about the fun (?) and games since yesterday. I also wrote a PM to you Nic to give you some support with Chester. Definitely pressed post and send and they have both completely disappeared.  :censored: :censored: :censored:
I've also now got strange photos popping up randomly and icons too. Very annoying....was off to put an annoyed face and it's now missing from above. Aaaarrrgghh! Pass the Prosecco!

How to put my previous post in a nutshell?
Erm, hardly any sleep overnight, Indie sh*t all over the duvet, me and herself at 4am. A Mrs & Mrs Q sense of humour failure and Indie spent some of the night in her carrier! Which to be honest I thought was a better idea anyway, but the owner insisted she slept under the duvet. I thought she was just too tiny for that so she was sleeping between our pillows. Bad move, we live and learn. She was awfully soft and cute to watch though  ;)
I think we offered her too much milk the day before. Do you think she still needs kitten milk? She only stopped bottles of it on Wednesday, stupid owner woman. She's eating fine but very bitty. She does seem really hungry. She cries for food every time she wakes up and paces up and down, OK, not actually paces, but probably more 'patters'! Do we just feed her? Scared she gets over fed and gets more diarrhoea. I'm not worried about her diarrhoea (yet!) cos she must be stressed and it's all new.

Indies bolder today, she's negotiating Staffas legs and nosing round the place. She loves the Frenzy toy and a wee ball of newspaper and loves the wee white fish light too. Saying that, she only plays for 5-10 mins and she's asleep. Trying to train her to go in her wee cosy bed beside me instead of sleeping round my neck. Don't get me wrong it's lovely, but then you sit there like you cant do anything and your OH has to do everything. That's lovely too mind you! ;) But you sit there don't you, like you can't move your neck and it's so much easier to move her when she's in her bed too! Well I put a couple of pieces of dry food in there when she was tired with my arm beside her and she fell asleep and she's just jumped in there just now and is all curled up, so far so good!

All advice and suggestions very welcome! Off to read how all you guys are and your poorly kitties x

• Hero Cat
Indie's Adventures
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2015, 18:54:40 PM »
So lovely to hear about her settling in!
Enjoy her sleeping on you, best feeling in the world, Chesters started sleeping on me for a bit & then using his bed, but I'd rather he stayed on top of me constantly ;D

I laughed at the wine incident, I did it too a couple of weeks ago! We've reluctantly started using plastic wine glasses as glass is just a recipe for disaster around the monsters. Embarrassing, but less stressful :-[

Can't wait to hear more, reading your post has lifted my spirits tonight x

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2015, 15:20:22 PM »
Congratulations on your new arrival.  We've had router problems so I've not been able to get on line since Wednesday.   I think the internet mice got into it. 

Link to CatChat