Author Topic: I'm no good at this discipline stuff  (Read 2134 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: I'm no good at this discipline stuff
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 13:08:44 PM »
Oh Susanne, if you want to know how to discipline a cat you have to ask God, cos he is the only one who knows  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 00:45:03 AM »
I can just see you cleaning up the chicken trail  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was in the vets in London and a cat was brought in as an emergency, sitting in its carrier looking smug...................had stolen and eaten a whole chicken and the bones!

cooked bones very dangerous for cats.

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
I'm no good at this discipline stuff
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 18:48:53 PM »
I have the ultimate tail of hooliganism!

My little trouble maker tabby, Rocky, once brought an entire cooked chicken home with him on a Sunday afternoon.

It was still hot so one of my neighbours went without Sunday lunch that day while my boys feasted on chicken :-[

You should've seen me frantically racing down the street to sweep up the trail of chicken leading to our garden. ;D

I was frightened to leave the house for days...

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 19:34:33 PM »
Lily torments the local dogs, scrounges food from my neighbours (including the ones with dogs!), and attacks my hand if she thinks there's food in it.
What's discipline?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 18:54:55 PM »
Lupin climbs to the top of doors in bathroom, as high as he can get in bedroom, Freezer and fridgefreezer in utility room, top of cupboards , units on counter in kitchen, top of bottom post of stairs..............found all the stuff that was there on floor yesterday, top of book cases in study and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just the cat tree in front room.

We wont talk about what he gets up to in the garden  :-[ :-[ :-[

Personally I think he needs a ball and chain!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 15:26:16 PM »

I gave up with Astro and the Loon. I just have lots of wipes handy. I don't mind the bit by the boiler as that's how they get to the kitchen window and I don't use it for anything.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »
Oh I'm hopeless and OH is even worse.

My Rocky was the only cat out of my three who ever went on kitchen cabinets. He liked to get on top of the fridge. When I put in a new kitchen I bought a wine rack that covered the top of the fridge to stop him.

He wailed so much that it got removed and I just hoovered and cleaned the top of it daily instead  :shy:

Last night Chester decided to climb the metal wall art thing that hangs on the wall above his cat tree. Instead of stopping him, OH was hugely impressed by his climbing skills  :rofl:

But then, this is a man who sends me photos of Chesters poop because he's so proud of how big it is  :rofl:  :-[

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 06:51:21 AM »
Both Ross and Moray scratched wallpaper and stripped bits off, and I found myself chuckling, and trying to look stern, but failing - somethng I'd never stand for if I found a child doing the same thing - they'd get a stiff lecture  :-:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 20:11:16 PM »
I am nearly the same but get so angry at Lupinsometimes  its shout and get him down  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 19:00:20 PM »
Snap  :evillaugh: when Zarny wiggles and squiggles all over the carpet showing her tummy she scratches the carpet. All I care about is smooshing her belly!  :evillaugh:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 18:57:04 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  am the same, Susanne.  Pathetic, isn't it?!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I'm no good at this discipline stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 18:55:21 PM »
I'm no disciplinarian.  I admit it.  Not that there's much point in trying to discipline cats  :Crazy:  Sometimes I make a half hearted attempt when they go on the kitchen worktop.  I'm not really bothered but if there's food up there and I turn my back for a second there's a good chance one of them will be up there.  They both try to lick the frying pan if I leave it there .  So Kito's up there earlier and I want him down as I'm trying to make coffee.  No I say.  No again.  Go to lift him down with a firm no.  Pick him up and put him on the ground.  However I couldn't resist giving him a kiss and a cuddle on the way down.  Somehow I don't think he got the discipline part  :shify:

Link to CatChat