Author Topic: A video link for non Facebook peeps  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: A video link for non Facebook peeps
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 00:41:05 AM »
My OH is already trying to use it as an excuse not to put the tree up this year  :sneaky:
Must admit, I do go a bit bonkers over Christmas & he doesn't realise I've already purchased a couple of new Christmas things for the house  :evillaugh:

I'm thinking of investing in a tree with lights already attached...at least that way they can knock it over repeatedly without any risk of them getting tangled in lights  :rofl:

I did that when Lupin was new,,,,,,,,,,,,,a year old and they still have wires........well mine did and what did he do bit straight through the wires grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Love that link Rosella but there are two really funny ones that I used to have on a dead lappy, will have to see if I can find them, made me almost sick laughing and not a fur ball in siight  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »
Very good idea, Nic  :)   LED lights are also a safer option, as they dont burn hot.  We swapped our elderly conventional lights which had served us well for  many a good year, for LED lights when we got Moray.  Our other cats never bothered with the tree, and neither does Moray bless him, but always worth thinking about.

Paddy used to bat the odd bauble as he went past, and Mac would steal baubles from the tree and smack them round the house (not to self:  remove fragile glass baubles and replace with shatterproof plastic ones)

Ross would knock them off then look at them as if to say "Who dun that?"   :-:  but all in all, I've been lucky with our cats in that regard. 

For me, the bit I love about Christmas, is getting the boys stockings down, and leaving them somewhere near the tree on Christmas Eve.  The lure of the "yeeeeooow stinkee" catnip bananas and sardines always gets them going - snigffing the air, investigating the stockings and having a good old nose round, it has us in stitches.  And of course they always get to open one present each on Christmas Eve, so they don't get disappointed.

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 09:30:18 AM »
My OH is already trying to use it as an excuse not to put the tree up this year  :sneaky:
Must admit, I do go a bit bonkers over Christmas & he doesn't realise I've already purchased a couple of new Christmas things for the house  :evillaugh:

I'm thinking of investing in a tree with lights already attached...at least that way they can knock it over repeatedly without any risk of them getting tangled in lights  :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »
I was thinking of your two Nicola when I posted this  :) but hadn't realised we had another Purrs newbie on the way Indies Mum  :) 

I didn't put up a tree at all for the first year of new arrivals and only put lights on for the first time in a while last year as the young uns were approaching 4 years old. Some peeps may think me over cautious but our babes are preshuss and cause enough panic attacks without the help of fairy lights  ;)

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 23:00:38 PM »
 :Crazy: :scared: :scared: :Crazy:

Oh my word! Here's me thinking about litter trays, never even thought about Christmas!

:Crazy: :scared: :scared: :Crazy:
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »
 :rofl:Lord help me with my two monsters when it comes time to put up the tree! :omg:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »

Love it, Rosella

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Glad the hoolies weren't that bad.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
A video link for non Facebook peeps
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 08:59:39 AM »
A Christmas tree warning for new cat slaves.  Don't say you weren't warned ..................  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1odOTaUH_s

Link to CatChat