Author Topic: Have YOU adopted a cat in the last year or are in the adoption process? I NEED YOU!  (Read 2748 times)

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
Hi James

Job done.

Good luck with the dissertation.

Would be interested in reading the results.

Indies Mum to be!    :)
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
Hi James,

I have done the survey - as I only got my cat Winnie in mid-August.

Good luck for your dissertation, and well done on basing it on Rescues :shy:

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
SAdly not adopted a cat for 5 years and he didnt come from a rescue but was saved from backstreet breeders from that unmentionable site!

However all of us on Purrs would love to see the results  ;D

Good luck.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
 :welcome: to Purrs James.

Completed the survey.

Good luck with your Uni work and your wonderful career.  Hope you can find time to come on Purrs and enjoy all our sections. We have an Auction in November (to raise money for our members who have rescues) that you might like to join in either by donating or bidding.  It's great fun.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Done we have 6 newbies - 1 is blind, 1 is partially sighted and 2 ferals and 2 now tamed down ferals :)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Hi James,

I've just adopted 2 kittens & as they're (finally!) asleep I'll do the survey just now ::)

Be interesting to hear your results

Nic

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline jamesthomsonn

• Kitten
Hello Sue,

Thank you for allowing me to communicate with your users here!

Thanks so much for your participation, if you know anyone who would be willing to fill in the survey, please share it with them. I really appreciate all your help  :) I will be finishing my dissertation later this year and will be sharing my findings with shelters up and down the country and would be more than happy to share the findings with you here too. Thank you for your interest!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Hello James

Welcome to our forum.

Have participated, albeit two years since we last adopted.  Nonetheless the motives are very fresh in my mind.  There are others on here who have adopted within the last year, and I would say most of us remember clearly our motives for adoption.  We're all cat passionate, and as a forum, seek to promote shelters and rescue work.

Good luck with your project.  We'd love it if in due course you could share your findings with us.   :)

Offline jamesthomsonn

• Kitten
Hello,

Let me introduce myself, my name is James Thomson and I am a vet student at the University of Nottingham. I am seeking the help of fellow cat lovers!

Shelter medicine is a big interest of mine and I have been involved in local shelter work for a big part of my life. In the interest of keeping this short, I will cut to the chase. As part of my dissertation, I am studying what motivates people to adopt cats and the results I obtain will be used by cat shelters to target and increase rates of adoption.

I NEED YOUR HELP if you have adopted a cat in the last year or are in the process of adoption. If you have the time and would like the chance to win a £50 pets at home voucher, I would greatly appreciate your participation in my survey which can accessed on the following link (it takes approximately 10 minutes and your time would really mean a lot to me)

www.surveymonkey.com/r/cats123

(PS. If you have adopted in the last 5 years and still remember your motives at the time and the process, please feel free to participate from that perspective)

As the questionnaire will be used in person at shelters as well, there may be some questions that do not make sense. Feel free to leave anything blank or answer as if you were filling it in at the shelter you adopted from.

Thank you so much for considering taking part in my survey. I look forward to receiving some of your responses. My contact details are on the questionnaire so any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

James Thomson.

Link to CatChat