Author Topic: Coventry Cat Group Update  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Coventry Cat Group Update
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 18:41:23 PM »
Great to hear from you after all this time  ;D

We need some pictures!!

Obviously lots has gone on at the group and so wish I lived close.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Coventry Cat Group Update
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 10:26:20 AM »
Nice to see you back Angie :)  Doesn't seem like that length of time since it all started hope you get folks soon x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Coventry Cat Group Update
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 10:16:48 AM »
Hello all,

right first words NEVER open a rescue centre if you want to do anything apart from cats again. NEVER!!!!

The last three years have been manic, exhausting, stressful and rewarding. Still doing 70hour weeks.

Progress - As you know our pens went up Aug 2013, since then we have been busy with the rest of the development and many things have slowed us down however we have NOW COMPLETED the initial development (almost  :rofl:)

In addition to the run of posh 10  UVPC pens, we have feral towers, now consisting of 5 wooden pens and a small exercise yard.

Our support sheds have been completed providing all needed facilities for looking after the cats and storage areas.

The second rental unit has been finished enough so that the second tenant moved in last friday, so hopefully now we can recoup the money spent on the bungalow. (estimate a 5 year break even!)

The support sheds, being kitten season, is also housing a few inmates and though 15 pens does not seem like a lot we have about 50 or so cats on site and nearly as many off site. A lot of feeding and cleaning.

We have also had a lot of inernal changes, Judith and Nicky are no longer trustees and one has been and gone in the meantime. Judith, who took over helpline and co-ordinator from me all those years ago has stepped down from that recently and so currently i am picking up the pieces. - Amazing she managed to last so long in that role.

So new management, lots of organising to do (we still haven't moved on from the pre-centre structure so are doing organisation charts and role descriptions) and many mouths to feed.

Fundraising has been non existant in the past few years and if we don't get going soon will run out of money. The same old story of too few people trying to do too much.

Volunteers anyone  :shify: ?

Cat socializers , fosterers, cattery volunteers, fundraising, help desk, homing volunteers..... anyone in Coventry with a car, love of cats and a sick sense of humour , please get in touch.  :evillaugh:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:19:03 AM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat