Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 167257 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2016, 23:31:39 PM »
I have been an evil cat Meoumy, I have put half a cat vallium into each of the other cats bowls as well. :naughty:, I so want them all to get on.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »
Not fair Tad, I want................. :evillaugh:

Just joking 5 is enough-ish :naughty:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
  • Slave to: Missy Onyx / Panther Pooh Pooh / Miss JT / Tallulah / Hallie
« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2016, 02:15:32 AM »
Hello Fur Gang  :hug:

I'm just going to post photos as this Fluff Ball is Beyond Gorgeous  :Luv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #392 on: June 24, 2016, 15:56:49 PM »
So glad that the situation has improved!  :crossed: that this is the answer   :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2016, 11:34:15 AM »
That is good news, Paula.   :) :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:04 AM »
great news!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2016, 03:20:57 AM »
Oh Mi Gawd! Two doses of Zylkene! What a difference, I have been leaving the front room and dining room doors slightly ajar at night and while we are out to try and stop the territorial 'them and me' behaviour. Merlin came into the kitchen when he heard me get up for my pain killers and he was about 3 feet away from Pi, he just sat looking at him, twitching his tail, but nothing else.

Pippa has just come into the front room a few feet, Merlin is lying on the floor and just meeped at her, admittedly his tail is twitching, but he does that all the time anyway.

Please everyone, keep everything crossed that this is the breakthrough we needed. Very early days yet. The other cats are understandably nervous of him, but as all the aggression has come from Merlin that is understandable. His back leg seems better, but he had had his last dose of Metacam today so we will see how he is on it tomorrow.

Sorry if I am monopolising Sheila's thread.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:35:29 AM by Judecat, Reason: Interrupted post »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2016, 06:57:28 AM »
That's why it's great to have a place like Purrs where people can share their own experiences and give solid factual advice.  I guess Vets constantly see the sharp end in more ways than one, and people who would potentially abandon or euthanize FIV cats.

Am hoping however this will be a false positive, and that Merlin will be FIV free, but as you've seen for yourself, it doesn't have to be the end of his world.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #387 on: June 21, 2016, 14:01:27 PM »
Well, Merlin's 'snap' test said he reacted positive to FIV, then the Vet scared me rigid saying he had to be indoors only, had to be separated from my other cats, they couldn't share bowls etc. So then I read the links to all the studies on here, breathed a deep sigh of relief and opened the doors again. Although he HAS been aggressive to everyone except Pippa, he hasn't drawn blood, and in his encounter with Pirate it was white fur rather than tabby on the floor, his testosterone levels will still be dropping, the Zylkene will be here tomorrow, so I am hoping the aggression will be dropping as well. He isn't as bad as he was for the most part.

It will be about a week before the definitive lab test comes back, apparently false positives are common, although given his past I wouldn't be surprised if he is. Thank God for Purrs, I have to admit the Vet did panic me. I might just email her the links on here before she does it to someone else without this resource. You would have thought the major Veterinary Hospital in West Sussex would be more informed. >:(

Poor Merlin has a bald patch on his neck now, but the first thing he did when he got home was settle beside me for fusses and purrs, another Vet has fallen victim to his charms as well, apparently he just let her shave him and take blood with no problem :Luv2: :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #386 on: June 17, 2016, 21:14:00 PM »
Oh Tad, she is beautiful, mind you, I have one and know what I am saying.........beware of nawtie torties :rofl:, wonderful bundles of fun! :Luv:

Merlin bit OH before we went away. he had said Merlin was tender on one haunch, then he stroked it a couple more times and got bit :naughty:, anyway I mentioned to nice other vet I saw today, he has a bit of pain in his knee? joint (I would have called it a hock, but I am more used to horses), so he is on a week of Metacam to see how he does on it. OH has agreed that we can keep him as he isn't actively attacking the other cats.

He has just gone for Emo. :(

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 23:47:33 PM by Judecat, Reason: update »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #385 on: June 17, 2016, 06:44:49 AM »
Awwwww what a babe

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #384 on: June 17, 2016, 01:29:14 AM »
She is gorgeous  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #383 on: June 16, 2016, 22:25:27 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Tallulah. What a beautiful girl she is!  :Luv2:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
  • Slave to: Missy Onyx / Panther Pooh Pooh / Miss JT / Tallulah / Hallie
« Reply #382 on: June 16, 2016, 20:37:29 PM »
Hello Fur Gang

Hope everyone is doing well, Sorry for quiteness but as you know from Sheila's blogging we have been very busy with trapping and sadly a few poorly Fur Balls  :(

Quick update from the Tadster - Minnie moo moo is doing ok since she had some roots extracted from her lower jaw, which sadly leaves her with hardly any lower teeth now, but that doesn't stop her from having a really good appetite especailly when I get the tinned tuna out  :naughty:

10 days after Ginger Puss went to Rainbow Bridge I knew the only way to heal my Broken Heart was to have another Fluff Ball in it - so please say hello to Tallulah who is filling my Heart with beauitful moments that I willl cherish forever  :Luv:

Sending Love & Hugs to all you Pussy Cats  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #381 on: June 16, 2016, 15:34:49 PM »
Sheila  :hug: thank you for giving this little girl a loving home in her last days.

RIP sweet Stella, play hard at the bridge. Look out for a rather bad-tempered black and white girl who also arrived recently. Perhaps you, Cleo. Ginny and Parki can all learn to make rainbows together.

:candle:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2016, 01:01:19 AM »
RIP Stella play hard on the Bridge

Such a hard part of rescue Sheila  :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #379 on: June 15, 2016, 23:33:31 PM »
I'm very sorry to announce the loss of one of Waltham Forest cats tonight.

Poor Stella was struggling for breath when I got home from work, the vet found fluid on her lungs. This coupled with her other complications pointed to a pending all systems failure.

Better a week too early than a moment too late, and with my head bursting with pain and conflicting emotions I made the decision to let my Stella go.

I'll be back later...

RIP my brave, beautiful girl. xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2016, 15:20:24 PM »
It's good to know that Merlin is doing well  ;D

Poor Stella  :(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2016, 11:50:38 AM »
Merlin is back from the vets, he couldn't have his jab as Sheila's pet vet uses a different one so they are going to order it in and I'll take him back down later in the week. He was so easy to put in the carrier, but, boy, does he weigh a ton! :shocked:, he is 5.25 kilo's, I still think he looks skinny, but the vet had advised me to cut back a bit on his food, his foot is healing nicely, but she said he isn't overly thin and while his foot is still healing it would be better for his mobility for him to be on the slim side. He has Royal Canin complete down all day and then 4 pouches of AGAIL, so he can have three AGAIL's a day now. My neighbours Mitzi is starting to develop kidney probs (she is only 5 :(), so he gifted me five kilos of the Royal Canin food and 4 packets of dreamies, he wouldn't take a penny for them either. What a nice man. ;D

The fur loss I noticed on his tail, the vet thinks is stress related and probably the result of over grooming which is a relief.

He goes back on Saturday next week for his jab and then Tuesday for his FIV-FeLV test to the main hospital as they don't do it at the local branches. Phew! between OH and the cat it is non stop :rofl:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #376 on: June 11, 2016, 07:27:43 AM »
If you do a sponsored trap, I'll do a pound per cat ;D

Why do I have a feeling it will cost me £24 or more :evillaugh:, I know how determined you are Sheila :Luv:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #375 on: June 11, 2016, 00:21:44 AM »
I will be making a donation tomorrow Sheila.  ;D  I think your details are further down the page aren't they.

I've had a windfall in the form of a payout from the Prudential on a life policy that my mum had with them that I knew nothing about (she died nearly 8 years ago) and I can't think of a better use to put it to (don't get too excited - it's not that much and bro has to have half).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 00:22:22 AM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2016, 00:12:49 AM »
Great news about Merlin, Paula, thanks for the chat tonight.  ;D

Not so great news is Stella has been xrayed today and has a wedge of splintered bone stuck in her hind cruciate joint. No wonder she's a bit grumpy as the vet says this really hurts. She's going in on Monday for the problem to be fixed and is on cage rest until then. Unfortunate this surgery does not come cheap, and even if they manage to save the ligament (which hasn't snapped yet) its a very delicate procedure.

We have some funds available but I've sidelined the collections for Merlin's paw, just in case (it pays to be cautious  :-: ) so I'll be launching a fundraiser for Stella's operation so she can go for rehoming pain free.  :)

Once I've sorted this out you'll be the first to know. Maybe I'll do a sponsored cat trapping event - 24 cats in 24 hours? Waddyasay??

:ahh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #373 on: June 10, 2016, 23:06:22 PM »
Well, everything is looking good to me, I haven't seen him using his wrist rather than the tippy bit of his paw for two days now, he saw Pirate this morning and he didn't growl or raise his hackles, his paw has almost healed now, he goes to the vet tomorrow for his second jab, he/she can also check out Merlin's paw. The only cause for concern is a small bald patch on his tail that seems to be spreading, we will see tomorrow, he will also be FIV, FeLV tested. He seems to be putting on weight rapidly, the general fur loss is slowing down to two brush fulls a day, Things are progressing nicely ;) ;D, so far. I don't want to jinx anything. :shify:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #372 on: June 09, 2016, 19:31:09 PM »
Rosella, did you mean to say 'What a church'? It's a phrase I am not familiar with  :Crazy: Kitty is adorable, however you phrase it!  :Luv2:

Me either, I racked my brain, such as it is and I couldn't fathom it either :rofl:

Progress, Emo came into the front room while he was eating, Merlin stopped and stared at her, and that was it. ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 20:17:48 PM by Judecat, Reason: Additional text. »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #371 on: June 09, 2016, 13:51:10 PM »
Sheila, you have pms  ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2016, 13:47:53 PM »
Rosella, did you mean to say 'What a church'? It's a phrase I am not familiar with  :Crazy: Kitty is adorable, however you phrase it!  :Luv2:

Paula, it's great to hear that Merlin is using that paw  ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2016, 10:56:16 AM »
I really think Merlin will keep his leg, he is starting to use his paw rather than his wrist to walk :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :cheer: :dance: :dance:, I am not looking forward to taking him to the vets on Saturday for his second jab, he weighs a ton!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2016, 06:07:57 AM »
Oh gawd. What a church  :Luv:

Edit  ....... chutch that's wot I typed ........ chutch .....  :innocent:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 22:17:51 PM by Rosella moggy »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2016, 05:50:54 AM »
Oh Buddy. Buddy, Buddy, Buddy.

:Luv2:  :Luv2: :Luv:  Who could resist that face!!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #366 on: June 08, 2016, 23:40:38 PM »
Oh Buddy. Buddy, Buddy, Buddy.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2016, 22:29:42 PM »
I have very stoopid,large boy half lying on my laptop, nipping my fingers when I stop fussing him. I gave him a cuddle which he tolerated for a minute or so, jumped onto the sofa behind me, as Sheila knows I am a floor dweller, don't like chairs, jumped straight back down and headbutted me for more fuss, on his own terms, but he really is a fuss monster, the fur in the brush is slowing down a little as is his eating, he is eating almost at normal cat pace. Now all we need to do :shify: is getting him and he other cats integrated. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey :evillaugh:, they are coming in and having a good sniff, when OH or I are in the front room/dining room the doors are left open, he has had a little wander up the first three stairs. The other cats have had a wander in, we are getting there. ;), it'll take time, but we will get there. ;D

P.S. Very unfair posting a picture of Spice Sheila :rofl:. BTW, when are we all moving in to that mega large house in the country with room for all?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 22:32:00 PM by Judecat »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2016, 21:37:48 PM »
Poor Stella! I do hope this is something that can be easily remedied.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2016, 21:02:01 PM »
Well, that was quick! No sooner did we have a microchip in Spice than a Spice shaped space appeared at the Adoption Centre.

Did I roll my eyes out loud? I think he will be very easy to home despite his episode of madness.  :Luv:

Louie Louie also went to the AC today. Tad has done a wonderful job rehabilitating a cat whose owners were located after 6 years due to him being microchipped, but they didnt want poor Louie back  :'( He will find a wonderful home now.

Stella is back with me though, the abscess on her neck isnt healing right and she needs an examination of her pelvic area as she isnt moving right for  5=7 year old cat.

There's also a little biddy kitten action, a reunite and a case of mistaken identity but that will all remain in the "to be told" file for another day...

Thanks to all the wonderful people out there, you know who you are, you are appreciated!  :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2016, 18:26:29 PM »
Spice is indeed a bit of a corker Sheila  :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

I've PM'd ya pal. 

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: for all you do  :Flowers:  You too Tad  :) :) :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2016, 21:22:45 PM »
What a handsome boy he is!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2016, 20:42:32 PM »
You wanted to go faster?  :wow:

Meet Spice.  :Luv:

Spice is 14! Yes I don't quite believe it either! He sadly has had a bit of an episode recently that led to him attacking his elderly owner, so we are assessing his emotional state (and addressing his rather carbohydrate rich diet) to establish what caused his disturbance.  :shify:

If you know anyone who would be able to offer a home to an otherwise completely solid, affectionate and quite possibly the most beautiful cat on the planet, do please get in touch. Full vet check, chip, vaccinations etc will be done tomorrow but he has been superficially judged as healthy.   :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #359 on: June 05, 2016, 20:41:27 PM »
Lyn, Rosella, Paula I found your posts honeys, apologies for the delay in responding I still don't get notifications from Purrs.   :shy:

Tad, sorry I've not been around much this week, I know what Gingerpuss meant to you.  :hug: :hug:
RIP beautiful boy. Always a purr in your Meowmies heart.

We have a Rainbow Bridge thread on Purrs, you may wish to post on there so Gingerpuss joins the Purrs babies gone ahead?  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #358 on: June 05, 2016, 14:00:59 PM »
Sheila, I pm'd you a while ago about offering help. Did you get it?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #357 on: June 05, 2016, 08:04:14 AM »
Merlin is different, he has actually been calling him and giving him ear rubs! :wow: 

Just had to do a search through your recent posts Paula as I thought you had added to the tally of furries whilst I wornt lookin'.  Much approve of Merlin's taste in names.  We sometimes refer to our Bob as a fresian but sorry jus don't seem right to call a cat a cow for some reason  :innocent:

Tad I am so very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug:  Ginger Puss was a gorgeous boy and no mistake and fully realise he will have left the most enormous hole in your life.  RIP darling angel Ginger Puss  :( :(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #356 on: June 05, 2016, 01:00:16 AM »
He was beautiful Tad, :care: :care: :care:, he will no doubt be playing hard on The Bridge with all the other furkids we have sadly lost over the years.

OH has definitely found a cat, this is the first time he has ever bothered to make a fuss of any of the cats, he doesn't mistreat the others, just ignores them for the most part, even if they rub up against him. When I have been ill he has fed them, cleaned the litter tray etc. but otherwise shows no interest. Merlin is different, he has actually been calling him and giving him ear rubs! :wow:

The others have wandered in and so far no trouble, until I discovered that someone has broken their way out of the cat flap, I had it set to inwards only. :doh:, Pippa, Pirate and Bob were sitting by the back door waiting to be allowed in. :evillaugh: I have had to take the rubbers off so it opens both ways again. Oh well, I did say I wanted to get a new one that was regulated by microchip! Hopefully they are a bit more robust.

Merlin is spending some time behind the sofa, then he comes out for fusses, when we were eating dinner he came out and I broke the rule of a lifetime and cut him off a small piece of steak, he turned his nose up at it and ate some more AGAIL instead! :shify: CATS!!! :rofl:

Link to CatChat