Author Topic: Liz's Clan family :)  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Liz's Clan family :)
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 18:23:33 PM »
I love Moose and Shaile   :Luv: :Luv:  :blow kiss:  :catlove:  :car:
I intend on having a few ferals when i get my my own home but wont attempt that many! 

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »
This is the gorgeous bandit.  Third from the left, sitting up  ;D ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 20:48:30 PM »
As I have been requestd for Miss Gracies story here it is:

Miss gracie was Queen of her feral colony and had an elderly feeder but someone complained re the number of cats and as I lived only 10 miles from them was asked to set about trapping and neutering said feral bunch

Miss gracie was ct number 2 caught from there and on arriving at the vet was found to be "old" in the vets terms and pregnant to boot she also had severe allergies to something and look awful - sucker for a sob story says can we neuter her and do anything else she need done - so on piclking her up from a vet I will never us again find they have puled all her teeth bar her 4 front incisors and neutered her specifcally ignoring my request to glue the woulnd and do internal stitches have put her a row of stitches in which need to be taken out in 10 days and they hadn't shaved her and she was a right hissy mess!

So back she comes to my study to join another really mad bad feral with half a face missing - turns out he is her son from the summer of 2000 - she lights up and stops hissing he stops launching himself at us and time moves on (Ace is the nasty one)

Gracie is taken to our vet who is again stunned at what I turn up with and loks at me like I am mad and asks what are we going to do - he cahnges her antibiotics and that clears up her skin problem and she come home again after stitches removed whilst she is awake!

She blossomed to 6.5 kgs and discovered that there is always food and she then became a Clan cat when it was forcast for a bad winter in 2005 and I sauid toRobin we couldn't put her back she won't surviive!

Well this motley flea bitten longhaired tortie has really come out of her shell no longer hiding in the litter tray with contents - she now has her own special covered bed with blankies (it is a covered liter tray that she goes in when feeling scared) She has her own chair in our bedroom noone else sleeps on - we don't sit on it and its an expensive chair lol!

She sleeps on our bed or the trunk at the end, gives big dribbles on stroking, hates being brushed - not good she is longhaired, became a star last week at the vet as she has lost a kilo - the stairs are her main exercise as food is downstairs safe parents room upstairs!

She misses Bert our old boy as she helped him with his extra treats and she is still wary round feet but this manky old tortie is now Miss gracie of fetternear as she has moved house, been part of the great escape and now suns herself in teh family room daily.

A star for being willing to adapt, a star for letting us love her on her terms, a star for helping her son Ace learn that they will never be hurt by humans in this house, a star for simply being Gracie now our oldest lady and our very own dribble chops! :) :Luv: :Crazy:

She is also a wonderful advert for the older cat despite being feral which on producing a brush she does remind us of!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 00:32:42 AM »
wowee liz!!!!  :Crazy:

its wonderful to finaly meet the clan, theyre gorgeous!!!!!!  :Luv:

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 00:09:13 AM »
Liz, what fantastic photos of your clan!  Your devotion to your cats is amazing!  I'd be interested in hearing about Miss Gracie's background and where she came from as she is the spitting image of my oldie Min - we rehomed Min about 4 years ago, background unknown although vet reckons she's about 16 years old.  Min is a larger lady, though, it's hard to tell from Miss Gracie's photo if she is a big lady too!  I just can't believe the likeness between the two - very uncanny!  Tried to attach a photo of Min to show you but can't get it to work - will have another attempt later.

They are all adorable and all seem to have a tale to tell.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 14:12:13 PM »
fantastic and well done tan LOL.

Liz they are all great but i think the pic of bailey most definately has to be my favorite  :) 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 23:15:52 PM »
Gorgeous, contented cats Liz,  :Luv:  Lynx and Maverick have taken my fancy , you wouldn't miss two now would you  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 22:48:32 PM »
They are all stunning and I just love the picture of all the black cats on the bed , made me laugh cos I have enough probs with two birmans. one on each side of me!!

Cat napping :evillaugh: :evillaugh: perish the thought  cos I dont think I could choose  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 21:28:15 PM »
On the subject of vets bills I have to say that they do cost a lot well we visit every month of the year and that averages from 3 cats to 8 cats and a dog!

We don't have holidays per say perhaps 2 days away and only when our wonderful friend Elaine gives us the time to do so, we both work full time and I am off to Dublin to aid this process as I was headhunted for my new job and after discussion with Robin and Sweetie decided this is one way to make money and yet again we will be living apart 4 days a week.

We also have food deals for dried food and buy all the supermarket offers by the trolley and we live on chepaer food so the can have the best.

I have to say on the whole we are happy, healthy and destressed and  wouldn't swap it for the world but would have liekd a smaller mortgage but to get them a home where they are safe and secure was paramount and we always put on our wish lsit the animals first in fact when Robin came to view the house he said its wonderfula dnknew on seeing it I would want it to in fact I hadn't even looked inside the hosue just the surrounding did it for me and the bonus was I got my dream home to!

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 21:16:14 PM »
u should be so proud of ya self liz

how do u manage with vets bills etc ????

must cost u thousands

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 21:09:04 PM »
 :rofl: yep you do indeed Liz. A treasure and you're both fortunate in each other. Your "little" (well they're under 2ft!) family is wonderful

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 20:58:41 PM »
18 grit boxes and ll the feeding takes 45 mins in the evening and in the morningI dop 36 saucers of meat and hubby does the litter trays and food top ups.

My mob have the best Dad in Robin and I have a wonderful friend and soulmate who lets me have this large family and sod the bills! :shy: :Crazy: :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 20:54:19 PM »
 :faint:

I have to say I am stummied.  Liz how you do it, I have no idea, but woman you are amazing. They are gorgeous, all of them, and I am extremely jealous.  Not jealous of the chores you have mucking out though!!  :rofl:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 15:06:55 PM »
I love Sabrina and Salem.

Not that I'm biased at all. I shall own another black kitty one day and name it Salem  ;)

-Sabrina

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 14:52:42 PM »
Note to all - they may look like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths but Storm, Ace, Sabrina, Lunar,Sailor, Boston, Dallas, Shadow, Sparkle, Shaile and Xian but non of these are human orientated and will shred as soon as look and are a challange to get in a crush cage to the vet in fact Ace and Sailor are work in progress as they still have to be Chipped!

To be honest they are all wonderful and all staying here so no cat napping thoughts please or the dog will have a word with her boys next door!!!! :shify:

Some of them not for the normal or feinthearted but in our home they are just he family! :Luv: :Crazy:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 14:48:10 PM »
I'll start with teh Clans Founder members the ones who stole my heart and became my world after ar eally bad first marriage breakup

His gorgeousness Toerag and his sister The Princess Sweetie

Toerag and Sweetie came to me at 5 weeks old and became the best thing to come out of my first marriage, we moved out on our own just the three of us when they were coming up a year old, we moved to a house that meant they could be indoor/outdoor but Sweetie never went beyond the garden and Toerag found the fields of rabbits who became regular dead visitors.

We spent until 1995 on our own and then I met their best Daddy in the whole world Robin who wondered why I wasn't that keen to work late 5 nights a week on aour works project then he took me out for dinner for my birthday and found my 2 reasons, this was a Sunday he took me out and by the Thursday of the following week he moved in and the kids got the best Daddy in the world he soon got trained by them and they adored him although Sweetie was harder to win round as she is still to this day my soul mate and the one who sleeps with me everynight and who still gets all the extra's the others don't always get.

Once Robin had moved in we were married within the year and moved house and Toerag started to be a real Daddy's , watched football, rugby, cricket helped with DIY and became Robins shadow but still had time for his Mum but Sweetie was still in the well is he here for good phase and showed this the only time Robin left her out as she wouldn't come in before he went to work and she destroyed the letter box from the outside in after that he made sure she was in and then we gave them acces through the new window we put in the rented house - he had now learnt that they got everything they wanted no matter the cost!  Whilst in this home Toerag managed to get ripped on barb wire, have kidney stones and knocked down in a cul de sac and Robin got on first names with the vet!

We then moved to a rural place and they both loved the new house and its surroundings this is where our idyll went well for a while we gained a feral tabby called Tiger and him and Toerag were brothers in arems they both weighed in arounf 25lbs of lean mean balck and tabby boys and Tiger slowly tamed down and became Toerags shadow and both treated Sweetie with the utmost respect as she could flip them with one paw for no reason - Tiger still is wary of her after 10 years!

Toerag was killed by a speeding car on Mothers day in April 2000 and Robin found him at 06.35am on his way to work, our whiole world seemed t collapse that day as we had lost our precious son, Sweetie lost the only cat she ever curled up with, Tiger lost his brother and teacher and it was to soon he was only 7.

Sweetie continues on in this life and is the leader of the Clan Cats and is still my special girl above all the others in fact it was them who started my lifelong love of the Black cats and there have been afew in the Clan since then.

Tiger like Toerag suddenly grew up and became the Alpha male of the Clan, he caused me heart failure in 2001 the same Mothers day date again and was missing for 6 days and when we found him he had lost a third of his body weight and had been also hit by a car, like to think Toerag had a guiding paw as althought the vets didn't have much hope for the boy as the bladder function had been affected and his tail was amputated (he now has a stump) we decided to give it the go and Tiger duly had a vet outside digging for soil at the 3 day deadline and the boy duly went in the box parents overjoyed, vets bill rising and home he came to cage rest for 3 months with 60 stitches and a shaved hind end 0- cage rest lasted 3 weeks its amazing the damage a caged feral can do from inside the cage and we were getting desperate by this point so stiches removed and he once again was out bruisng the neighbourhood.

By the December 1999 we decided to get kittens - we know alot more now we went to a CP shelter and fell in love with Havoc and Chaos 2 ferals aged 11 months - they are now called Lima and Clio and worship Tiger to the extreme took 3 years before they became handlable and are now a defintie split pair Clio is my girl and Lima is Robins boy - Lima has put 2 vets nurses and a vet in hospital after he shredded them and they got cat scratch fever so Lima only sees male vets now and doesn't shred!

Lima and Clio are now 8, Tiger is 10 and my beloved Sweetie is 15  and they are wonderful - 3 ferals and a princess and more tales to come which I will add over the coming days!!!!! :Luv:

ccmacey

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 14:14:57 PM »
I'd be like a kid in a toy shop in Liz's house, wanting a hold of everyone.

:cccooorrr: I've gone into cat overdrive.  :cccooorrr:

:blow kiss:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 14:06:15 PM »
Wow they are gorgeous!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Super Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 13:58:18 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
awwwwwwwwwwww Liz they r all stunning hun
u must be a very proud mummy  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 13:57:01 PM »
and last but sooo adorable is

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 13:56:18 PM »
next  :evillaugh: ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 13:55:17 PM »
next  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 13:54:27 PM »
Next  ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 13:53:52 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 13:53:35 PM »
Next  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 13:52:42 PM »
Next  ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 13:52:25 PM »
awwwwwwwwww :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 13:51:52 PM »
Next  ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 13:51:15 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: i love inca  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 13:50:39 PM »
next  ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 13:50:21 PM »
 :rofl: the cat walking along top of the curtains  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 13:49:39 PM »
next  :wow:

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 13:49:15 PM »
Wow I couldnt imagine what that would be like walking into a room with that many cats, Ahh heaven.

Liz you are so lucky, Im in envy.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 13:51:09 PM by ccmacey »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 13:48:42 PM »
next  ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 13:48:42 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the cats on the bed  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 13:47:46 PM »
next  ;D

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 13:46:59 PM »
Just the 4? I thought Liz had 30 something.

Little Peanut is too cute.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 13:46:25 PM »
next  ;D

Offline Tan