Author Topic: hoarding  (Read 4258 times)

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
Re: hoarding
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 21:09:33 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  Such a difficult situation ... and I guess sadly one that is replicated many times around the country.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 20:18:59 PM »
Environmental health might be a better route, particularly if there are close neighbours.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 20:17:02 PM »
I think many people need to contact RSPCA and keep doing it.

They are the only ones with authority under the law  >:(

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
hoarding
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 20:09:49 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has advice about how to tackle a hoarding situation.  A friend got in touch this weekend as he was concerned about someone who is hoarding cats.   Apparently the guy started with 3 unneutered cats and now has more than 27 all bred from same original cats.  None are neutered and none allowed out.  They also have dogs and kids.  It sounds as though a family member has tried to help with at least separating males and females, but he's not gone along with this plan, and has also refused access for CP to visit re neutering.   I understand they've tried to contact RSPCA but not got a response as yet.

Link to CatChat