Author Topic: flea treatment  (Read 1428 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: flea treatment
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 18:20:45 PM »
Many moons ago my vet advised Frontline but shortly after he said it wasn't very good and told me about Advantage and I now use it all the time.

My cat is an indoor cat but fleas can be brought in by humans that have been near cats or anywhere they might've left some fleas :sneaky:

If you look at the date on the Advantage box you can work out how many you can buy while they are on offer  ;D

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:11:20 AM »

My vet asked me which flea treatment I was using a d when I told her Advantage, she said that was good as it is the only over the counter treatment that still works. So I will stick to that one.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 22:20:09 PM »
Dont use flea treatment hardly ever but would recommend stronghold but its prescription only

Offline chrisnjulie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Sophie
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 21:19:50 PM »
Oh we sell Advocate and it's half price at the moment , I might get a pack in for future use .

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 20:04:11 PM »
We are currently using 'Stronghold' on the advice of our vet. We have used 'Advocate' in the past but the Stronghold meets our needs better at the moment as I can use the same dose for both cats.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 18:20:59 PM »
You can try Advantage or Effipro as alternatives to Frontline.  Your vet will be able to advise which would be best if you find one or another to be less effective.  For treating the house and furnishings either Acclaim or Indorex should be fine.

Offline chrisnjulie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Sophie
flea treatment
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 16:00:33 PM »
When our kitten is older , which is the best flea treatment  ? Front line doesn't have a great reputation in my area  ......what can you recommend ?

Link to CatChat