Author Topic: Clio's Tribulations - Advice needed  (Read 17560 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Clio's Tribulations - Advice needed
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 13:36:42 PM »
Her appointment is at 3.30, so if I leave her there, I can have the carrier ready for her, and she won't see it until it's too late.  :rofl:

Who are you kidding.  :evillaugh:  She's a cat and in my experience they don't need to see the carrier to know it's there or on it's way.

Good luck and hope the vet can get to the bottom of things.  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 12:19:08 PM »
Good thinking  :evillaugh:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 11:49:07 AM »
Thank you both, that's what I thought (obviously, or I would already be doing something else!) but Clio was so skittish it felt like I should be doing more, and where better to ask than here? (Although I hadn't considered infection.)
She's better again today. Last night, I took a foil tray of Sheba up for her, and found she'd finished the dry food I'd left for her, so I picked up the bowl and came back downstairs, with Clio following close behind, so she's got a bit of her confidence back.
I've let her stay upstairs again today. Her appointment is at 3.30, so if I leave her there, I can have the carrier ready for her, and she won't see it until it's too late.  :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 09:42:18 AM »
Is it possible the sores are ... well sore Dave?  Often cats hide discomfort in order not to appear vulnerable.  I'm very pleased she is seeing a vet today too.

Sending healing vibes to the poor lamb  :care: :care: :care:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 01:11:28 AM »
Pleased she is seeing a vet because if bites they are likely to be infected.

My opinion is that you let her be where she feels most happy and safe, in time she may change again but right now she has found her solace and knows what is right for her.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
Clio's Tribulations - Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 21:52:36 PM »
Over on the "A team" thread, I mentioned that Clio has some sores, and I thought they might be ringworm, though people who knew better said it probably wasn't.
I've given it a lot of thought, and now think she may have been attacked by an entire tom. A couple of the sores are just about visible, and they look like bites. The vet will see her tomorrow, so I'll have a better idea, but her increasingly skittish behaviour lends credence to my present theory.
It's her behaviour I need advice about, or rather how I should deal with it. After she disappeared for most of the day Friday, I've been taking her upstairs at night, so she wouldn't get out with the others. I'm as sure as I can be that they aren't giving her any grief, but she's going to greater lengths than usual to avoid them, and finding more inaccessible hiding places.

She's never really liked other cats, but always tolerated them, and if they came too close she'd growl and they'd go away.
I brought her down today while the others were out, but she cried to be let back upstairs. She has food and water, and a litter tray. Most of all she has peace and quiet.
If I'm right about the cause of her problems, I'll can let her stay upstairs. It's a bit of a nuisance, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Should I be doing anything more though? She's always enjoyed going out for a bit of fresh air, but I don't want to risk her getting hurt again, or being scared away. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of her being all alone for much of the day.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Link to CatChat