Author Topic: Just like to say .......  (Read 6001 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Just like to say .......
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 16:25:55 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: Toni4cats. Thanks for the photos of your lovely feline family  ;D

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 21:05:16 PM »
Welcome Toni, Roman, Penny, Osiris and Lexie.

Absolutely gorgeous cats! I can't pick a favourite out of your 4 lol....although I must say that Penny looks wonderful for her age.

I currently only have one 8 month old kitty/cat myself, Winnie. She is 99% black with a couple of tiny flecks of white on her neck and belly. She's a complete nutter, but I wouldn't change her for the universe! She was a rescue from the RSPCA, who came to me just over 3 weeks ago.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum, (pssst - don't forget to tell your cats that they have their own message board on here lol).

Mweekie xx

Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:45 AM »
 :need pics:

Er - yes, I'm sure!!!    :naughty:

It's quite tuching the way cats decide where they want to be and how they prefer to live their lives.  Especially when you're the one they decide they want to be with, which doesnt mean to say I dont feel for their original owners when that happens. 

Offline tonib

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Roman, Penny, Osiris, Lexie
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »
Sue P. oddly your tale of how you got Tinks was similar to how we got our first cat Chloe (I'd been brought up with dogs) but it wasn't another cat that brought her to us but the fact that she'd been used to visiting out house before we bought it.  The 2 sets of children played together.  As she got a little older I suspect she found peace & quiet as opposed to life with a young child & kept visiting us more & more & then we looked after her when the neighbours were away & so the place she considered home gradually changed even though we always sent her home for the first years.  Like your neighbour they didn't have a cat flap.  We dealt with the vet & when the time came (at age 17 in 2008) we also asked them if they would like to say goodbye which they did.

thanks to Chloe, in Sept 2007 we got Roman as a defender of her territory.  She'd lost confidence as a result of being very ill (Jan 2006) & from being ruler of the area she went to only going out briefly & then often only for the loo.  She put Roman (then aged about 3) in his place when he wanted to play but he (the gentleman that he is) accepted that & although they never were going to cuddle up together they were often seen comfortable on different cushions in the same room.  He soon sorted out the garden ownership with the neighbourhood & Chloe did start going out more often.  Sadly though she only survived another 4 months :(

As a result we decided to get another cat & went back to the rescue & eventually we found a pair that had come from the same home (due to owner going into care) & Penny (then nearly 9) & Osiris (then nearly 2) came to join us. Roman accepted them & if there was any trouble it was usually between Osiris & Penny instigated by the "teenager" Osiris!  He still is a little of the spoilt brat even though he is now 9!  Mind you its probably explained by his birthday being 1st April!!!

Penny followed by Roman?  Oh no its one or the other, she doesn't need any help despite only being 2.85 Kg ( sadly she has lost over a Kg due to crf & hyperthyroidism in the last 6 months) but she's still going strong, she even sees off the neighbour's dog (a Lhasa Apso or Shih Tzu) & the other local toms which will argue the toss with the 5.6KG Roman & Osiris but not Penny!!!

As to pics of course I've got more! Are you sure that was a sensible question to ask?  :evillaugh:

Gill, I did briefly met Leonie when I visited Lau, she was sat on the stairs watching the goings on.  A lovely cat & I can see why she was one Lau would keep & you miss :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 22:49:11 PM »
Lau has a cat that was dumped outside my house in the snow one year, she is now called Leonie and is absolutely gorgeous.

I had 4 cats at that time, two birman brothers who have sadly now gone to the Bridge but couldnt keep Pussy as I called her. Handing her over broke my heart.

Misa and Sasa didnt approve of her queening it in the front room  :rofl: :rofl:  and the only one who didnt care was my gorgeous Napoleon who just looked at her and got up on my knee as usual, which was only me between him and her  ;D

Very sad about Lau losing Clive.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 11:12:20 AM »

You made a good choice then with Lexie.  ;)   And Roman is adorable - I just love Gingers.   :Luv2: :Luv2:

I'm somewhat embarrassed about the situation with our Borrowers.  The short story is that our Tinks was formerly one of their cats, but he was great pals with our gorgeous Ginger Babe Ross (now a bridge Babe, alas but never forgotten).  He would come over and play with Ross, and never wanted to go home, notwithstanding we would relentlessly take him back.  Hisp eople then didnt have a cat flap, which kind of exacerbated the problem.  Anyways, when we lost Ross, Tinks was an almost permanent fixture at ours, and his then guardians extremely generously said that we could keep Tinks, as they recognised he was more ours than theirs.  They then got another two cats, of which one also succumbed to the roads.  Of the remaining Borrowers, one was another neighbour's cat which was taken in by Tinks former owners when his Hooman Mum died earlier this year.  The other two are equally wonderful, with F red having been hit by a car and nursed back to health by our neighbours.  He gets picked on a bit buy the others but nontheless remains "one of the gang" and then there's T ed, who really does have the mnost excellent adventures, and is the neighbour toughie - scrawny little kid with the knees scuffed out of his twowsers, but a little sweetie, nontheless.  :evillaugh:

I can just picture Penny seeing off the interloper with Roman a couple of lollops behind.   :evillaugh:

Sue P - oh a Maine Coon - one of my favourite cats (after mine of course!)           

Why thank you!  :shy:  He's a funny little character is our Moray - very laid back, but quite determined, jsut the same.  He's not pedigree, and when we brought him home from the shelter there was no indication to our untrained eye just what a little stunenr he'd become, but he is in every respect a Mini Maine Coon even down to his incredibly large Catchers Mitts of paws, his dark eyeliner and his fabuluos ear tufts.  I am of course inordinately proud of our little man for many many reasons  :naughty:, but I too can appreciate the merits of other people's cats - a trait shared I think by all of us on the forum.  :Luv:  (Especially Gingers, and hansum Tuxedo cats like Penny.  Then there's those wonderful tabbys like Osiris  :Luv: And wait - wait!! Did I mention Calico cats like Lexie.....?  ;D :evillaugh:)

You're a credit to them, and they're a credit to you, clearly.  Got any more pics?   :wow:

Offline tonib

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »
I'm feeling really welcome here, how could I not after all those lovely complements on our cats, or rather should I say the cats' complements, they deserve it (not our doing!). :D

Gill you're right about Lexie's previous owner.  We were privileged to visit Lau's home to meet most of the cats.  I still remember the gorgeous Clive, he even let me stroke him but although I'd loved to have taken him home (Roman has given me a particular soft spot for gingers!) I knew it wasn't the right decision for our existing 3. :(  There already were/are too many outdoor males in the area (all neutered except for the odd visitor) leading to some disputes, often involving our Roman.  I was sorry to see, on this forum, that, although she'd been able to take him with her, she lost him about 18 months later :(

It's odd you should mention a sister to Misa & Sue P "Borrowers" as we have a regular visitor in the garden (a neighbour's cat) whose face is the mirror image of Lexie.  When we first saw her around Xmas (hiding in our grasses) we thought she was Lexie then realised she wasn't, given away by a small ginger moustache & the body markings!  To see them in close proximity in the garden is weird!  Our cats don't think much to her enjoying playing in the grasses & bushes & watching cat TV (bird feeder) although its only Roman & Penny who'll chase her out & boy can Penny shift despite arthritis etc.!!!!

Sue P - oh a Maine Coon - one of my favourite cats (after mine of course!)  :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:05:51 PM by tonib »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 07:22:59 AM »
Oh boy - look at those wonderful TittenTats!!   :wow: :wow:

Hi Toni - Welcome to you and your gorgeous cats   :welcome:  Such a handsome family that you have there.  Am so glad you gave us photographs.  What an auspicious start to your life with Purrs  ;) ;D

We have two cats of our own, Tabby and White Tinks, and Mini Maine Coon Moray, and three "Borrowers" who spend a lot of their time at ours, hanging out with the boys.   :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 01:53:26 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Beautiful cats and my Sasa has another sister in Lexie  ;D

Did she come from Lau?

I have 3 cats Misa a huge B&W, Sasa a calico tortie and Lupin a seal point birman  ;D

Offline tonib

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 00:56:03 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome :) 

What a coincidence mad_lilli, we have matching cats :)

I believe your Polly, sheilarose, is originally Lexie's house mate.  A lovely black lady around the same age as our Penny.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 22:32:30 PM »
Welcome to purrs Toni. Four very beautiful looking cats you have.
Julie.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 22:07:41 PM »

Hello and  :welcome: to purrs Toni and your 4 beautiful mogs. I only have 2, black and white brothers

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 22:00:57 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs! My don't you know how to introduce yourself! What gorgeous cats!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 20:39:19 PM »
 :welcome:  to the forum Toni - pleased to have you on board x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 20:02:59 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
I also have 4 cats. One calico, one tabby, one black and one ginger & white!!!! Your babies are all beautiful, althoug Penny looks very cute bless her. X
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline tonib

• Kitten
Just like to say .......
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 19:35:16 PM »
.... Hello.

I'm Toni with 4 cats:- 
Roman (11)

Roman on his favourite pillow - my pyjamas P1020586 by osiriscat, on Flickr

P1020766 by osiriscat, on Flickr

Penny (16)

I'm comfortable here 2015_06_30 P1030722 by osiriscat, on Flickr

20140428 P1020610 by osiriscat, on Flickr

Osiris (9)

P1000322_compressed by osiriscat, on Flickr

Osiris P1000486 by osiriscat, on Flickr

all from a local rescue in 2007/8

and Lexie (5-6)

Lexie 2014_05_14 in the front garden P1020707 by osiriscat, on Flickr

Lexie & the dragon

rehomed directly from owner in 2012 through a mutual friend. 
Some of you may recognise her from photos already on this forum as she was owned by one of the members who had to (sadly) rehome a number of her cats.  As we wanted a cat that could go outside (as our others already did) & of an age that we thought would integrate with our other 3.  We were given a choice of Lexie, Polly, & Poppy and landed up finally choosing Lexie although it was a close call with Polly, who I believe was subsequently rehomed (successfully) with another member on this forum  :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:03:33 PM by tonib »

Link to CatChat