Author Topic: Rescue stories for a book  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Rescue stories for a book
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 11:57:50 AM »
I really like the idea of this, I am going to do some of my fosters for our website, should make it that bit more interesting then.
Please spay your cat

ccmacey

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 14:48:45 PM »
Is anymore becoming of this? or was it a wind up??? :shify:

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 13:30:09 PM »
Will def never forget him!!
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

ccmacey

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 13:28:40 PM »
At least you'll always remember his character then. RIP sooty.

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 13:24:52 PM »
Our vet wanted to PTS Sooty, but we wouldn't let him. It took 3 months of fighting the secondary infections and stuffing vitamin tablets down him, but eventually he stabilised and became one of the most demanding cats I have ever known. You know you see little old men sitting on porches in American films? He was a bit like that, used to sit out and terrorise passing dogs and try to convince passing people that he was neglected and unloved. Sometimes it even worked and he got taken home and fed!!

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 13:15:18 PM »
That's sad Em, i recently caught a stray i'd been feeding for a few years and vet tested him for FIV/FILV, and said if he had it they were gonna PTS, thankfull he hasnt got it and he's now coming round to a better life. 8)

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 13:06:12 PM »
I can contribute Sooty's story if it's for Charity - he was a stray that my sis & I took in about 8 years ago who had a wonderful, larger than life personality. He battled through an initial bout of FIV to live a further 7 happy years before finally passing away this year. I've got some lovely pics somewhere too...

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 17:47:31 PM »
If the money is for charity it's a great :idea and would probably bring alot of interest and good tales.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 17:48:50 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 14:10:42 PM »
Hi Sharon I have recently rescued a stray cat off the streets into a perminant home would be great if you could put Blackys story inthe book, Ive started a topic called succsess story just news on whats been going on With Blacky over the past few weeks, I am willing to give you more info on this will also get some pics later on so if you would like B lackys story just email me and ill get back to you. Are the profits going to go to a cat rescue center? Think you have come up with a really good idea, also giving people the chance to remember the little furbabes they've rescued, GREAT 8)

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 13:27:06 PM »
Hi Sharon  :welcome:

Could I ask what is the intended use of the book eg if it is for sale, will it be for personal profit or to raise funds for a charity or?

It's a very nice idea, I'll have a think and see if I can get something together maybe.

Becca
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Sharon Darrow

• Kitten
Rescue stories for a book
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 20:46:50 PM »
Hi,

The stories I've read in this forum have been wonderful.  After rescuing kittens for over 19 years there are so many special stories that I love to share with other people who understand and appreciate these precious animals.  Forums and rescue groups only go so far though, so I would like to collect the best stories and pictures that I can to compile into a book.  The purpose of the book would be to share our favorite stories with a much wider audience -- which would hopefully do more than just entertain people.  Perhaps through stories that tug at the heart more people can be aware of the tremendous need for helping animals and for modifying behavior of pet owners.  The stories can be about any rescue animals (yes, cats are incredibly special, but most animal rescue people love them all and might have stories about other creatures they have rescued as well) or people that work with rescue animals.  It takes a very special person to open their hearts, homes, and bank accounts to satisfy the huge needs, and they deserve public thanks as well.  Don't worry about writing skills since the content is what is important.  Attach your favorite pictures with the stories and I promise to respond to all submissions.  Any comments and suggestions you have about the book idea will be greatly appreciated as well. 

Thanks so much for sharing the way you do,

Sharon Darrow,
Author of "Bottlekatz: A Complete Care Guide for Orphan Kittens"

Link to CatChat