Author Topic: When do kittens grow into their paws?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: When do kittens grow into their paws?
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:44:33 AM »
Sorry Paula.  I have no idea as to paws being an indicator of full grown height.  You would think they would but seems not if Moray is still (how do I put this without causing any offence to the handsome lad?) relatively small?   :-:

We were quite sure Boris would always be a titch but he surprised us with a latish spurt of growth around 18 mths or so and he is now pretty well normal height with emphasis on the pretty  ;)

I always thought moggs were pretty well fully grown about 2 years old and had also heard that some peds like NFC's and Maine Coons could take up to 4 years.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:10:39 AM »
Aww - she might grow into them a bit but might just always have big paws!  Mosi had big paws and he has grown into them but Somalis are slow maturing so he wasn't fully grown until about 3.  Kito has almost grown into his paws but his ears are another story!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 07:37:18 AM »
A lot depends on the breed too, Paula, but around 12 to 18 months, a moggy will be fully grown.  Some breeds dont mature until they're 4-ish, and can continue physical growth up to that point too. 

Moray has large and very powerful paws, but is a small cat.  When we first got him, we thought his paws were an indicator that, like dogs, he'd grow to be a massive cat.  But he's only little, with big paws, atjust past two years of age.   :evillaugh:  Wonder if Bob will be the same?

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 22:12:12 PM »

Zoonie has big paws, much larger than Astrophe. They both have bat ears though  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 21:54:10 PM »
The youngest cat I have had was Lupin at 10months and unneutered, thought he was going to be a big cat but apart from growing longer he hasnt changed much.

Sorry dont know the answer cos his feet were quite small and guess his head may have been smaller if he had been nuetered but apart from losing his baby fat not much change.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
When do kittens grow into their paws?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 20:25:13 PM »
 :Crazy: Bobs feet are so big that sometimes when she is running and playing she falls over her feet! She is never going to be a huge cat, she is quite delicately made, she was born New Years Day and is nearly as tall as Trouble, although her head is still a lot smaller. He is a small cat. It just looks like she still has to grow into them.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Link to CatChat